What would you do if money did not matter ?

Would you change your occupation if money did not matter anymore?

• Total voters

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
So many of the people here are losers, given that they are not able to work on things they enjoy the most!!

Mods please add a poll on these lines:
Would you change your occupation if money does not matter anymore?
-yes
-no

By the end of poll we will know the number of losers on DFI!! @LurkerBaba

Last edited by a moderator:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ I think we are all losers. I don't know a single person who is satisfied with the work he is doing. Not a single one!

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
^^ I think we are all losers. I don't know a single person who is satisfied with the work he is doing. Not a single one!
There is a difference between not satisfied with your work and not satisfied with your occupation.

If you do not know a single person, then you live in a sad world, my friend.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
There is a difference between not satisfied with your work and not satisfied with your occupation.

If you do not know a single person, then you live in a sad world, my friend.
What is the difference according to you?

Not just me, I can bet that most people on DFI will be dissatisfied, and most people they know will also be dissatisfied

KS

Bye bye DFI
I will try to become a goonda :troll:
Actually I would also like to part-time as a mercenary....I dont know why, but I am fascinated with that lifestyle...:sad:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
What is the difference according to you?

Not just me, I can bet that most people on DFI will be dissatisfied, and most people they know will also be dissatisfied
not satisfied with your work: means you can do better. It is in a way positive, that you think you have a higher potential. May be negative, if you think other people are better than you.

not satisfied with your occupation: means you would like to work somewhere else or change your occupation.

I am not dissatisfied with my choice of occupation, although the feeling about dissatisfaction with my work is volatile with periods of highs and lows. Also I know a lot of people, who just love their occupation!

Blackwater

migrate to Pakistan, only place where bartar system still exists:rofl::rofl::taunt::taunt::taunt:

amoy

Gardening, planting

I was fascinated when watching a farmer grafting shoots from various mongo trees into an old tree of local variety so that the grafted tree would bear different mongoes like of Australian, Thai, and Philippine origins, bigger and sweeter. Eugenics!

In summer, I step up a ladder with big scissors for peaches

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I think most humans would prefer to live a hassle free rural agrarian life.

What is the reason for this ?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I think most humans would prefer to live a hassle free rural agrarian life.

What is the reason for this ?
Ask a non-internet using village dweller but who is exposed to the new world. You will get your answer.

"Duur k dhol........"

pmaitra

So many of the people here are losers, given that they are not able to work on things they enjoy the most!!

Mods please add a poll on these lines:
Would you change your occupation if money does not matter anymore?
-yes
-no

By the end of poll we will know the number of losers on DFI!! @LurkerBaba
Poll added.

Last edited by a moderator:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I don't think it has anything to do with occupation or job. I like my job and my occupation, but if if my expenses were to suddenly drop to zero (because money did not matter) yet my lifestyle did not suffer, why the heck would I or anybody else want to work?

People work for money, not because they are obsessed or in love with their jobs. :dude:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I don't think it has anything to do with occupation or job. I like my job and my occupation, but if if my expenses were to suddenly drop to zero (because money did not matter) yet my lifestyle did not suffer, why the heck would I or anybody else want to work?

People work for money, not because they are obsessed or in love with their jobs. :dude:
So you want to say people would prefer to be idle rather than work.

I have seen a lot of people who work, coz they ought to work even though their material needs are almost negligible. I think it is your work which gives meaning to your life. If it does not then you are in the wrong profession.

jalsa

Learning ninjutsu was my dream, don't know why but I was always fascinated by Ninjas.

Victor Sierra

Country flag
To some extent money doesn't matter to me, now also except some basic needs.

But if money doesn't matter at all, than I would like to attend Shaolin School for 5 years & would like to own each & every weapons. I would also like to have HUMVEE with a Machine mounted on that, for travelling.

cloud_9

Country flag
Build a stud farm and buy the best of Arabian and Marwari horses :cowboy:

&

Travel the world on a horseback

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
So you want to say people would prefer to be idle rather than work.

I have seen a lot of people who work, coz they ought to work even though their material needs are almost negligible. I think it is your work which gives meaning to your life. If it does not then you are in the wrong profession.
There may be people who prefer to "play" rather than work, i.e. do what they like, when they like, not be confined to a narrow occupation or schedule (e.g. 9-5) or wage. Ideally, I would like to be an adventurer, sort of like the main character in an RPG game like Skyrim or Gothic.

And if you believe it is "work" that gives meaning to your life, all I have to say to you is this:

"It's not just about me and my dream of doing nothing. It's about all of us. I don't know what happened to me at that hypnotherapist and, I don't know, maybe it was just shock and it's wearing off now, but when I saw that fat man keel over and die - Michael, we don't have a lot of time on this earth! We weren't meant to spend it this way. Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements."

Peter Gibbons, Office Space

The goal of life is freedom. Freedom to do what you want, when you want. :)

Neuro

Tihar Jail
Banned
I will learn martial arts(according to my tradition) , I wish 2 become religious scholar and I will do agriculture for survival.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles