What the Hell is Times of India Upto?

trackwhack

The headline reads Gujarat accounts for 6% of India's dubious bank transactions

and the story goes ....

Out of the total 17,209 dubious transactions reported across India in four financial years from March 2006 to March 2010, Gujarat accounted for around 1,032 or 6 per cent of the country. However, the only silver lining is that the state is way behind Maharashtra, which leads the pack of such transactions with 29 per cent, Delhi with 12.1 per cent and West Bengal with 7.3 per cent.

So MH with 5 times as many 'dubious transactions' did not make the headline but Gujarat, which is fourth on the list did.

Says as much about TOI's political stance as their rederships headline skimming behaviour.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/ahmedabad/Gujarat-accounts-for-6-of-Indias-dubious-bank-transactions/articleshow/10573385.cms

Last edited:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
The headline reads Gujarat accounts for 6% of India's dubious bank transactions

and the story goes ....

Out of the total 17,209 dubious transactions reported across India in four financial years from March 2006 to March 2010, Gujarat accounted for around 1,032 or 6 per cent of the country. However, the only silver lining is that the state is way behind Maharashtra, which leads the pack of such transactions with 29 per cent, Delhi with 12.1 per cent and West Bengal with 7.3 per cent.

So MH with 5 times as many 'dubious transactions' did not make the headline but Gujarat, which is fourth on the list did.

Says as much about TOI's political stance as their rederships headline skimming behaviour.

Gujarat accounts for 6% of India's dubious bank transactions
there are elections in gujarat next year, and so the paid n*&) ........................

make a habit of it :)

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
LOL I have been banging my head on such issues for a long time, nonetheless our media is unbiased and pious and never twist facts:lol:. :D

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
People give too much importance to headings. I read that news sometime back & was scanning every state's record on same. TOI makes BBC look good, at least they do elaborate.

--

Take it easy, that news item came in Ahmedabad Times which is Gujarat specific.
DD is all about precision!

Last edited:

trackwhack

Take it easy, that news item came in Ahmedabad Times which is Gujarat specific.
Yea but its still posted on the TOI site on the main page. I'm not making a political statement, just saying this is a misleading way of reporting news.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
i am not so sure if this is just about gujarat section alone.

things like these arent as simple and if run up to '07 gujarat elections is anything to go by, we can be pretty sure this is a trend which will only get more bold, louder and much more covered across the media.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Clearly, its a textbook case of short-term memory loss.....The point here is that - this article was under the section of national headlines on front page of TOI, and not their Ahmdabad/local web site....No doubt the news originated from Ahmadabad, nevertheless it was broadcasted as headlines on their national website....I hope I have cleared all your doubts.:hail:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles