What the BJP has to say about foreign policy

Compersion

Country flag
Not sure if India should link its nuclear program to North Korea's in the court of public opinion...
Two points were made but you focus on the latter where the first point had more substance. (I appreciate that perhaps you would prefer to reply later by point)

A) What was the reason for PRC (through North Korea) to test in the first place.

B) The PRC is linking its nuclear industry to Pakistan and North Korea and public opinion is there already.

C) If you notice Pakistan and North Korea share many similarities and approached in testing and especially purpose from PRC viewpoint (twist of fate is it not).

D) There is assumption that Pakistan and North Korea will always be close to PRC. But the PRC has not shared nuclear skills fully with them - Why. Is there safeguards in place for PRC with reference to Pakistan and North Korea. You do appreciate that PRC cannot fully trust Pakistan and North Korea (refer to point E) and the Americans for both. That means they are not a proper nuclear weapons state.

E) There is talk about PRC supporting Korea unification. What does that say about nuclear testing - was it real.

F) India nuclear proliferation record is in the court of public opinion and is of high regard.

G) If North Korea tests - there has to be high consequence to PRC and also the world appraisal on the international nuclear system in place that allows such to occur by PRC (a declared nuclear weapons state) through its proxies that needs to be made absolutely clear by India. I am sure PRC will think twice before testing again through NK but the message is not only directed at PRC but the nuclear system in place that allows such. The North Koreans will play to the gallery.

H) Like you agree India is not a North Korea.

I) Does PRC deny India is a nuclear weapon state and what was the process for PRC to come to its latest stance. Whats the official position of PRC on India and its nuclear weapons.

The next government will revisit the nuclear policy but that is perhaps more shaped to getting India onto the UNSC. That is the next step.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles