What the Baloch Need To Do

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The Baloch are brave people who are completely outnumbered and fighting a lonely battle against a vastly superior Pakistani Army.

But then battles are not won by becoming a martyr but by killing the enemy.
The Baloch for sure need outside assistance. India could play a role but I think te country that can help it the most is the US.

First up, the Baloch need to forum a Government in exile preferably in the US. They have already got support from congressman Dana Robrabacher. They need to develop more such people by using their government and also all overseas Baloch who can pool in to lobby at the highest level in the US.

I believe the Baloch should convince the US, the benefit of an independent Balochistan including the one that opens up logistic route to Afghanistan and also by that means into Central Asia. Baloch are rich in oil and gas reserves and that is one thing that attracts Americans. The Baloch Government in exile could commit to the US about future oil and gas contracts. In return ask for American moral and diplomatic support as well as money and lethal weapons including SAMs so that Paki AF cannot target Baloch.

The Baloch cannot win the war without outside help. The sooner they start taking outside help, the better as they are being systematically being annihilated by the Pakistani Army.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abdul_Bugti

Nice post, please do correct the mistake on 4th paragraph... the writer have just written "Independent Pakistan" instead of "Independent Balochistan".. Thanks

devgupt

Country flag
First of all the Baloch tribal leadership should come under one banner.Islamabad has long played the game of playing one sardar against another.
The government- in-exile with a constitution is certainly a very pragmatic step.
Second show some popular strength - a general hartal on an important Pakistani day. Publicize its success internationally.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I was asked by a Baloch what India can do for them.

So long, the feeling is that the Baloch has resisted outside interference in their struggle and wanted to handle their own battle all alone. That is a folly if my assumption is true.

The Baloch movement comes across as a rag tag movement with some attacks ok Paki check posts killing a few Pakis. The Baloch movement has to become like how the Afghans were supported by the CIA against the Soviets or how the Norther Alliance recieced support from US,India and Russia.

Without a good political leadership that can talk to leaders all over the world, the Baloch will not be able to galvanize world opinion.

The Baloch have to use their rich resources as a card. What do major powers want today? Oil and Gas. Both are there in Balochistan. This can be used to get in the US, India. Right now Pakis are exploiting all and taking away all the profits and may be china which does not respect human rights anyways will reap all the benefits. The Gwadar port is a trump for the Baloch as it will give US and India access to Afghanistan and Central Asia.

The Baloch have to form a united political face, it is a must.

Then seek heavy weaponry. Shoot down Paki helicopters and fighters with SAMs. This will escalate matters. Remember soviets days in Afghanistan started to get numbered when Stingers came and their choppers started going down an their tanks started to get busted. All this can only come from a major power who will see "returns" on this investment. But as long as the Balcoh aim of independence is achieved, making such deals should be OK.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
I was asked by a Baloch what India can do for them.

So long, the feeling is that the Baloch has resisted outside interference in their struggle and wanted to handle their own battle all alone. That is a folly if my assumption is true.

The Baloch movement comes across as a rag tag movement with some attacks ok Paki check posts killing a few Pakis. The Baloch movement has to become like how the Afghans were supported by the CIA against the Soviets or how the Norther Alliance recieced support from US,India and Russia.

Without a good political leadership that can talk to leaders all over the world, the Baloch will not be able to galvanize world opinion.

The Baloch have to use their rich resources as a card. What do major powers want today? Oil and Gas. Both are there in Balochistan. This can be used to get in the US, India. Right now Pakis are exploiting all and taking away all the profits and may be china which does not respect human rights anyways will reap all the benefits. The Gwadar port is a trump for the Baloch as it will give US and India access to Afghanistan and Central Asia.

The Baloch have to form a united political face, it is a must.

Then seek heavy weaponry. Shoot down Paki helicopters and fighters with SAMs. This will escalate matters. Remember soviets days in Afghanistan started to get numbered when Stingers came and their choppers started going down an their tanks started to get busted. All this can only come from a major power who will see "returns" on this investment. But as long as the Balcoh aim of independence is achieved, making such deals should be OK.
i donot think china would be for independent Balochistan. this leaves US which at present doesnt have any money power to do so.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
The baloch need to do what they are already doing and we need to supply them with anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons.

And also intel on paki forces every once in a while.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The baloch need to do what they are already doing and we need to supply them with anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons.

And also intel on paki forces every once in a while.
The resistance is not organized is what I feel. They need a political leadership first, something like the Tibetan government in exile. The Chinis are petrified of them.

This political leadership has to develop covert contacts with counties that can help, well namely two. US and India. Show the US oil and they will do it. As it is they have spent a lot of money in AfPak with no returns. If they help Baloch, they can get their hands on the rich resources. Baloch get their freedom plus investment and jobs while the Americans and India dig the resources and share the profits with the Baloch. Right now PakJabs take everything.

GUNS-N- ROSES

too many people on this forum want a direct involvement of india through supply of anti tank and aircraft weapons. i think it is a step in wrong direction.if we do this than pakistan will quickly say india is no better than us. at a time wen international opinion on any kind of terrorism is low, we dont want to go that route.

but wat india needs to do (some of it is already being done) is to provide moral and diplomatic backing to baluchis. give them platforms to raise their concerns. provide them access to world diplomats. basically show pakistanis if they can support APHC in kashmir, we can support baluchis.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
too many people on this forum want a direct involvement of india through supply of anti tank and aircraft weapons. i think it is a step in wrong direction.if we do this than pakistan will quickly say india is no better than us. at a time wen international opinion on any kind of terrorism is low, we dont want to go that route.

but wat india needs to do (some of it is already being done) is to provide moral and diplomatic backing to baluchis. give them platforms to raise their concerns. provide them access to world diplomats. basically show pakistanis if they can support APHC in kashmir, we can support baluchis.
Terrorism? The Baloch are not terrorists. Wrong assumption. Forced annexation in 1948 followed by brutal suppression an taking away all resources by the PakJabis.

The Baloch will get wiped out from the face of the earth if they are not backed and and supported by the international community.

Who cares for the bloody Pakis? When national interests tell us that it is better to break them up and in the same time the Baloch get their freedom and are well dispensed towards india. I would say we should arm them with whatever they want including shoulder fired SAMs and anti tank weapons. They are not going to win their freedom with just AKs.

Like I said, if the US backs them, no body can stop the Baloch from getting thee freedom. Remember the map someone in the US made about a broken up Pak?

GUNS-N- ROSES

Terrorism? The Baloch are not terrorists. Wrong assumption. Forced annexation in 1948 followed by brutal suppression an taking away all resources by the PakJabis.

The Baloch will get wiped out from the face of the earth if they are not backed and and supported by the international community.

Who cares for the bloody Pakis? When national interests tell us that it is better to break them up and in the same time the Baloch get their freedom and are well dispensed towards india. I would say we should arm them with whatever they want including shoulder fired SAMs and anti tank weapons. They are not going to win their freedom with just AKs.

Like I said, if the US backs them, no body can stop the Baloch from getting thee freedom. Remember the map someone in the US made about a broken up Pak?
i am all for supporting baluchis but against direct invlovement. at present thay lack proper leadership and india can help them consolidate.

but i dont agree with ur remarks on break up of pakistan. we dont want another state coming up with nuclear weapons without stability. pakistan wont give up baluchistan so easily as it is rivh in minerals. are we willing to be involved in active war with nuclear dimensions.

arya

Country flag
well they have to take help from uk or usa india will not help directly .

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
i am all for supporting baluchis but against direct invlovement. at present thay lack proper leadership and india can help them consolidate.

but i dont agree with ur remarks on break up of pakistan. we dont want another state coming up with nuclear weapons without stability. pakistan wont give up baluchistan so easily as it is rivh in minerals. are we willing to be involved in active war with nuclear dimensions.
Covert help is what we need to do. Another "Afghanistan". US did it against the Soviets, India helped northern alliance. Same thing is possible. We are not going to be foot soldiers in this. The Baloch are already there. They need material support apart from the moral and diplomatic support. The Baloch will want nothing of any nukes that "may" be there. All nukes are under the control of the Punjabis. We will have one small land locked country to deal with if India helps Baloch and the Sindhis in their freedom struggle.

GUNS-N- ROSES

Covert help is what we need to do. Another "Afghanistan". US did it against the Soviets, India helped northern alliance. Same thing is possible. We are not going to be foot soldiers in this. The Baloch are already there. They need material support apart from the moral and diplomatic support. The Baloch will want nothing of any nukes that "may" be there. All nukes are under the control of the Punjabis. We will have one small land locked country to deal with if India helps Baloch and the Sindhis in their freedom struggle.
yes i m all in favour of covert help but i dont think US for time being will play game and same is the case wid India. the situation in afghanistan and baluch are not same. plus with china investing heavily in Gwadar i dont think even US can do much.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
yes i m all in favour of covert help but i dont think US for time being will play game and same is the case wid India. the situation in afghanistan and baluch are not same. plus with china investing heavily in Gwadar i dont think even US can do much.
Listen to yusuf...he is saying wise words or should i say typing ? :)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The Baloch have to organize themselves and "sell" the idea of a free Balochistan to the US.

1) Oil and Gas. (USP)
2) Gold and Copper deposits.
3) Direct access to Astan and CAR
4) Cut off the Chinis from Arabian sea.
5) Counter to Iran. Part of Balochistan is held by Iran.

GUNS-N- ROSES

Listen to yusuf...he is saying wise words or should i say typing ? :)
i m sure he is but i dont agree wid his views of providing arms and ammunition directly. even US is not in a position to do the same. they will play wait and watch game and so will india.

GUNS-N- ROSES

The Baloch have to organize themselves and "sell" the idea of a free Balochistan to the US.

1) Oil and Gas. (USP)
2) Gold and Copper deposits.
3) Direct access to Astan and CAR
4) Cut off the Chinis from Arabian sea.
5) Counter to Iran. Part of Balochistan is held by Iran.
surely the idea is right but will the US take the bait and agree to fight with all three - pak china and Iran because on the issue of baluchistan all three will collaborate. i think in current scenario US will use baluchistan to put pressure on pakistan. same is the case wid India. besides that dont expect anything more.

Last edited:

pankaj nema

Country flag
@ Yusuf

Your ABIDING passion about dismembering Pakistan is really commendable :p

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles