What is your prediction about Indian medalists in London?

Sabir

DFI TEAM
As Blackwater suggested in another thread to start a poll, I think we can do it more entertaining. It will be fun. Rules will be simple-

1)You have to make a list of Indian athletes ( or teams for team events like Indian Hockey team, women archery team) who you think will win medals in Olympic 2012. If a candidate from your list wins gold you will get 6 points. Similarly 4 and 2 points for Silver and Bronze.

2)Wait! dont name all the players in the contingent, :D If a player from your list doesnt get anything 2 point will be deducted from your score.

3)Now, dont be too conservative. If an athlete not in your list wins gold you will lose 3 point. Similarly 2 or 1 point will be deducted for winning a silver or Bronze. :D

4) You can not edit your post after the starting of the Olympic. We will calculate the score at the end. Post the names what come to your mind. Keep on altering if necessary within the given period.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
sushil kumar will win gold in every event across the board.

all the gold medals to him...no other person in this olympics will win a gold medal other than him.

Last edited:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
we will win all
My prediction is you will be the last. 2 points will be deducted for every athlete in the team failing to make a podium finish.

:D That is also not enough. Points respectively will be deducted if someone outside your list wins a medal.

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
If we get 4-5 gold medals, that will be a great improvement from the last olympics. We have still not incentivized winning an Olympics Gold medal by the way of providing better coaching, facilities and infrastructure. The existing SAI (Sports Authority of India) should be dismantled and specialized institutes/academies (in line of Gopichand Badminton Academy) should be established for each discipline. Scholarships should be provided for getting trained at these premier institutes. This will foster professionalism, athleticism and competitiveness to win medals for the country and themselves.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
If we get 4-5 gold medals, that will be a great improvement from the last olympics. We have still not incentivized winning an Olympics Gold medal by the way of providing better coaching, facilities and infrastructure. The existing SAI (Sports Authority of India) should be dismantled and specialized institutes/academies (in line of Gopichand Badminton Academy) should be established for each discipline. Scholarships should be provided for getting trained at these premier institutes. This will foster professionalism, athleticism and competitiveness to win medals for the country and themselves.
Oye...where is your list?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Oye...where is your list?
My list for medal winners in Olympics will be

Saina Nehwal for women's singles in badminton, Paes and Sania for mixed doubles tennis, Sushil Kumar for wrestling, Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponappa for mixed doubles in badminton, Mary Kom for Boxing, Deepika Kumari for Archery and one medal from Shooting.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
My own list is very big-

Archery-

1)Deepika Kumari
2)Women Recurve team
3)Men Recurve team

Shooting

1)Gagan Narang
2)Ranjon Sodhi

Boxing

1)Mary Kom
2)Shiva Thapa
3)Vikash Kishan
4)Laishram Devendra Singh
5)Vijendra Singh

Badminton

1)Saina Nehwal (woman's singles)

Wrestling

1)Geeta Phogat
2)Sushil Kumar
3)Yogeswar Dutt

Discus Throw

1)Krishna Poonia

I have no hope about Tennis or Hockey team.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
2 gold i suspect:laugh::laugh:
You have to give a list of athletes. Dont bother about the colour of medals right now.

And you should not suspect two golds, rather you should wxpect :D

Sabir

DFI TEAM
oppps...people are not interested anything except Cricket!!!!!!!!! :(

Blackwater

You have to give a list of athletes. Dont bother about the colour of medals right now.

And you should not suspect two golds, rather you should wxpect :D
no i would still suspect,As Indian athletes are prone to dope+++++++

p2prada

1.----China-- 10000
2.----US ----- 30
176. India -- 1 (for participating, maybe)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Let them be.

Have little hope.

If they deliver, it will give greater joy and less of disappointments!

trackwhack

My prediction : 2 Gold, 2 Silver, 3 bronze.

Sabir, no Abhinav Bindra in your list?

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
I remain more interested in the number of medals and the number of sports where the athletes get the medal this time round than the color or the names, if we can better the 3 we did last time, and cross the 5 mark, India should be more or less on the right path. The height of hope is definitely a double digit figure.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles