What is the meaning of your DFI name?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Unsuccessful ...! and I even didn't touch her ..Hardy I think I spoke less than one hour to her in last six years, before she get married.

The love and feelings always beats in my heart
Start seeing other girls; all that love will go out the window and new love will blossom.

that's called Lust... not love :basanti:
Different names, same god. :truestory:
hormones ftw

Kharavela

Country flag
After looking up the wiki it seems Texas comes form Tejas meaning friends. However I do not think our title Maitra means friends. (Mitra does mean being friends or allies.) I have heard it is because of the worship of the sun god Surya,Vishnu deites like Ram,Krishna and Mitra that the title came to existence.
In Odia language, Maitra (मइत्र or ମଇତ୍ର) means Special Friend.

Kharavela

Country flag
My DFI name is my actual name

Meaning: Hindu name from Sanskrit šrinivasa ‘abode of Lakshmi’ or ‘abode of good fortune’, from šri (a byname of Lakshmi, wife of Vishnu, also meaning ‘good fortune’) + nivasa ‘abode’. This name is an epithet of the GOD Vishnu.
श्रीनिवास is another name of Lord Vishnu.
Moreover, श्री actually refers to anything good / beautiful / pious etc. For example -> Shri-Mandir or श्रीमन्दिर referring Puri Jagannath Mandir & Shri-Nahar or श्रीनहर referring Palace of Gajapati Maharaja.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
श्रीनिवास is another name of Lord Vishnu.
Moreover, श्री actually refers to anything good / beautiful / pious etc. For example -> Shri-Mandir or श्रीमन्दिर referring Puri Jagannath Mandir & Shri-Nahar or श्रीनहर referring Palace of Gajapati Maharaja.
Our kings of Vizianagaram is also called Gajapathis, and My Aunt is from Orissa.

Shri is also another name of Laxmi :)

Kharavela

Country flag
My Avatar & DFI Name are self explanatory.

DFI Name - सम्राट महामेघवाहन ऐर खारवेळ

Both are Legendary Warriors & Unifiers of India during their rule.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Kings of Vizianagaram aka Vijay-Nagar along with Parala-Khemundi are lineage of Puri Gajapati Maharaja.

Agree. Because Goddess Laksmi is INCOMPARABLE.
Werent Gajapathis Odissi kings? Werent they rivals of Vijayanagar?

And Vijayangar is a Kannada Empire, not telugu

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Werent Gajapathis Odissi kings? Werent they rivals of Vijayanagar?

And Vijayangar is a Kannada Empire, not telugu
Two Vijayanagars are there, one is Hampi and other is northern coastal Andhra region Vizianaragam.

The first one is ruled by Krishna Devaraya and the later is ruled by Gajapathis.

Krishna Devaraya confronted the Gajapathis of Orissa during his rule. He stretched his empire upto Vijayawada. At that time Gajapathis retreated.

Last edited:

mikhail

Country flag
I just dropped into say that East Bengal is the greatest football club of India and billion nay trillion times better than Mohun Bagan.
Mariners all the way!!Once a mariner,always a mariner:shoot:.Proud to be the supporter of the 2nd oldest F.C. of Asia and the National Club of India.Also,the first ones to defeat the Brits in their own game and that too in the finals:india:
:biggrin2:

pmaitra

In Odia language, Maitra (मइत्र or ମଇତ୍ର) means Special Friend.
Indian Railways has a branch called CRIS. They maintain a database of most major names in Devnagari Script. Maitra in Devnagari reads मैत्रा.

mikhail

Country flag
My name is my name!!!!! Nothing more nothing less... I was told that my name is one of the names of God Shiva!!!
Yup,it's one of the numerous names of the Supreme Lord Shiva!!Hence,even today the Naga sanyassins chant the words "Alakh Niranjan" to praise the greatness of Lord Shiva:)!!!

Brood Father

Country flag
I use to play dota allstar and used to play with broodmother a lot , nothing popped in my head while starting this journey

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Well i am angeldude13- 33.3% angel,33.3% dude and 33.3% devil.....
I know it's childish but it has stuck with me since I was 14 :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles