What is the downside to the booming Economy in China?

Discussion in 'China' started by SADAKHUSH, Oct 6, 2012.

1. SADAKHUSH

SADAKHUSH Senior Member Senior Member

I am watching the BBC team which is traveling through two different parts of China and a statement made by journalist caught my attention was "This is the downside to the booming economy in China". It just dawned on me, Why are the Western nations documentary makers are obsessed with broadcasting the shortcomings according to their standards instead of presenting a balanced picture of the society in a developing nation with population of over billion people?

Can, I also ask the same question for our own Bharatvarsh? How and in what areas of our daily life can two biggest populated nations help each other to overcome the challenges of daily life in a balanced way without getting aggressive towards each other?

I am expecting positive feedback and no trolling or keyboard fight to put each other down as we all know will lead us no where.

3. ice berg

ice berg Senior Member Senior Member

One word. Trade.

4. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I think they are taken aback with the speed in which China has become a world leader!

5. rockdog

rockdog Regular Member

Yep, interestingly, the "4 wheels on China" and "4 wheel on India" two video collections are also get popular comments in China's forums. There is one:
    BBC《驾车看印度》《驾车看中国》视频分享_印度吧_百度贴吧

I think generally this BBC program really made people to understand more aspects for both nations, even there are still some hidden "bashing" mindset, that's the typical way of western media...

6. SADAKHUSH

I kept the title short but the BBC journalist are referring the downside with in Chinese society and they illustrated with few negative pictures of China and as well as situation in the rural areas and lack of health care for Chinese in general. Do you think your government can and should do better job than what is being delivered?

7. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

downside is chinese will try to use their military to sustain their economy and become
    more hegemonic.

8. SADAKHUSH

I think it was well thought strategy on part of USA's administration of that time which opened the diplomatic doors after the end of Vietnam war. On the flip side it has come to haunt them as well. Let us see what future holds for these two powers.

9. LETHALFORCE

it was kissinger's idiotic scheme to break a communist alliance with russia from strengthening.

10. blank_quest

blank_quest Senior Member Senior Member

This Decade will be of India! its not out of Fancy Wishful Thinking. This is Gonna come a BIG way, Just wait and Watch.

11. SADAKHUSH

The documentary makers question was referring the term downside with reference to the up and down side with in the Chinese society and in one of the example mentioned was whether spending money on infrastructure over the health care needs of her citizen is a waste or better utilization of money for the nation.

12. LETHALFORCE

Spending on infrastructure is believed to help the economy which can improve healthcare later.

13. SADAKHUSH

For us to own the next decade we need a leader who is of independent mind but at the same time willing to listen to everyone who has better ideas for the nation and not give us what we are getting from this UPA Government of the day. Therefore, I call upon all the patriotic Bhartiya citizens to put your Bharatmata ahead of your own interest and flip the business of politics in the nation upside down to realize the goals.

I am preparing a separate post on this very subject as well and hope prepare video in my voice outlining the policies as they should be according to all of us on this forum to uplift our nation's profile and become leader in the fields we are lagging.

blank_quest likes this.
  14. LETHALFORCE

India has made a lot of progress but it still needs a lot of work on infrastructure not
    just for any economic reason but for the public in general,with 1 trillion dollars earmarked
    for infrastructure there will some major changes in the next decade.

15. SADAKHUSH

In my opinion both should go hand in hand otherwise a balanced approach should be the way for INDIA to take ion my opini0n.

16. LETHALFORCE

india is more balanced sometimes too much one protest and a project gets cancelled.

17. blank_quest

blank_quest Senior Member Senior Member

Take some data from indiaspend.com it will help in analyzing the issues.

18. SADAKHUSH

Deleted by sadakhush Duble pst

LETHALFORCE likes this.
  19. LETHALFORCE

we are not a export driven economy our economy is domestically driven and most
    exports are service oriented not cheap mass production. Export driven economies become
    slaves to numbers and to other nations. Every Asian nation in the far east has fallen into
    this trap Japan,Korea, and now China which has fallen the worst by buying the most
    worthless US debt. And all have gone thru violent contractions where some like Japan
    have not recovered and many predict china will go thru soon.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  20. amoy

amoy Senior Member Senior Member

Kissinger, Nixon and many others were not stupid. At that time their arch enemy another communist giant Soviet Union was far more formidable economically and militarily than the present-day China, heading a whole Eastern Bloc undermining the West globally. Sino-Soviet confrontation consumed much of Soviet strength and sped up its collapse.

Not "export" oriented? India may not rely on export of "goods" but over 3% of its GDP (2009) is from overseas remittance by export of labor Indian diaspora tops remittance list - Times Of India
    Slave of numbers? How many of India's work force out of 1.2B population can IT / Back-office / service industries or the Gulf absorb when shifting from agriculture?

ice berg likes this.
  21. badguy2000

badguy2000 Respected Member Senior Member

well, in order to get downside from "gost city of Ordos and tell us a "balance view" of CHina boom economy, BBC reporters just ignored dozens of cities on their road from Beijing to Ordos...hahaha. such as Yuci, Yuanan...etc....

what a perfect "balance report!"!!!