What is the definition of a religion?

pmaitra

Well, to be frank I don't remember much of those docus. I just remember that I really liked it when I was finished with it.

And as it turns out that video posted earlier in the thread was of Zeitgeist 1 only. There are two more parts, one of which talks about Fractional Reserve Banking. I may not have understood it back then, maybe I should revise. :hmm:
Fractional Reserve Banking has been discussed here: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...s-why-mainstream-views-different-reality.html

Whenever I see people talking about economics, GDP, growth, wealth, I ask them to participate in the thread. Most don't. It is easier to talk about bombastic terms than to dissect these terms.

Please see the first few posts, especially the second video in this post. The first video no longer exists, and I wonder why?

Srinivas_K

Country flag
God particle is just a name given to the particle 'coz they can't clearly understands it "why it holds weight of entire atom &how"

Come to the topic I as atheist really feels ,the God is necessary (for 95% ppl)to run a country or society.If u give up the medieval god/religion and start practicing everything based on Practical manner u lost emotions/love/hate........ instead u start why waste time on those foolish things/feelings be practical :sad:

But one thing for sure every yr on yr more&more ppl turn towards Atheism...22century ppl will LAUGH at u when u say u believe in GOD

You have to read my conclusion at the end of my post Mate.

I said there are areas occupied by religious Philosophy and Science. Science is expanding into the area of philosophy as the new discoveries are made.

So a philosophical idea which is true turns into science and reality when new discoveries are made and proofs are found.

I tried to connect Spirituality and Science.

I am a practical person and I do not believe in blind beliefs unless a proof exists.

Not all people are confident and successful, people turn towards GOD when they face problems which they cannot solve.

Most of the scientists who are working on the quest to find the GOD particle believe in GOD, GOD in the sense a phenomena which is guiding all the life and non life beings in this universe.

When we split the atom further, there are electrons, protons and neutrons. The new scientific studies show there are who lot of sub atomic particles which number close to 30 or so.

But when these sub atomic particles are split even further, they are made up of strings of energy which are vibrating in 11 dimensions and one of the dimension is time

CERN and other particle colliders are conducting experiments in this direction.

There is a whole lot of interesting stuff which says about ("parallel universes, space time" etc...etc. )which say the things we see and experience is in fact a projection, Time never passes, "rather past, present and future already exists". The actual reality is different. In Dharmic scriptures it is called "Maya". These concepts are taught thousands of years ago in India,which is what I want to convey.

String theory may or may not be true, But the things these scientists are proposing are coinciding with the Dharmic thought which evolved in India 1000's of years ago.

However, These theories and experiments are in initial stages, still lot of work to be done. Let us leave these things as of now.

Regarding spirituality, I think what I said is purely in Vedic terms.

That guy meditating is a mystery to the scientific world, but for the people in the Himalayan regions and the monks, it is quite normal. Lot of people in the past also did that.

I believe in spirituality. I am normal and there are some extra ordinary monks and saints who does some extra ordinary things which science cannot explain. The moment science starts explaining these things, these things will be established facts.

Last edited:

pkroyal

Is it opium of the masses ?? ( Adolf Hitler)

Well to each his own !!

My definition would be:-

Religion is a dynamic social order which carries our collective past as a beacon to lead our present harmoniously, with joy , festivity & responsibility giving us hope to lead a better future. Connecting the past , present & future seamlessly.

( Incidentally this is my original take & not plagiarized):cool2:

Last edited:

pmaitra

Well to each his own !!

Religion is a dynamic social order which carries our collective past as a beacon to lead our present harmoniously, with joy , festivity & responsibility giving us hope to lead a better future. Connecting the past , present & future seamlessly.

( Incidentally this is my original take & not plagiarized):cool2:
Either Lenin, or Stalin, but most certainly not Hitler.

pkroyal

Some Additions as an after thought

Well to each his own !!

Religion is a dynamic social order which carries our collective past as a beacon to lead our present harmoniously, with joy , festivity & responsibility giving us hope to lead a better future. Connecting the past , present & future seamlessly. Allowing us to transcend our immediate mundane reality and offering us a vision of a power far greater than us which we mortals can merge with, should we practice & pursue certain universal virtues.

pmaitra

Yes sir. I didn't find the literature but a film based on this. It starts as a documentary and ends up as a conspiracy theory about the US government. However, I did cross check the initial remarks about Christianity and found them to be in sync. Here's the link;

Zeitgeist: The Movie (2007) - YouTube
I just started seeing Part III. It gives a very interesting insight into the very foundation of the United States. If you want to understand why the United States exists, you need to see this part again. If you want to appreciate that the United States that came into existence in 1776, ceased to exist on 1913, you need to see the full part III.

Part III begins at 01:16:00.

Rothschild was one of the architects of whatever happened then. Amartya Sen is a Rothchild Family's protégé, and that is the reason why, I fear for my country.

@Razor, what is your opinion about this part? @Peter, you might find this interesting. Don't believe it, but at least see Part III.

Last edited by a moderator:

pkroyal

Some Additions as an after thought

Is it opium of the masses ?? ( Adolf Hitler), Sorry it is Karl Marx ( full German version is :-"Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes" and is often rendered as "religion... is the opiate of the masses."

Well to each his own !!

Religion is a dynamic social order which carries our collective past as a beacon to lead our present harmoniously, with joy , festivity & responsibility giving us hope to lead a better future. Connecting the past , present & future seamlessly. Allowing us to transcend our immediate mundane reality and offering us a vision of a power far greater than us which we mortals can merge with, should we practice & pursue certain universal virtues.
A tall order , idealistic but worthy of pursuit as it is challenging !!

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I just started seeing Part III. It gives a very interesting insight into the very foundation of the United States. If you want to understand why the United States exists, you need to see this part again. If you want to appreciate that the United States that came into existence in 1776, ceased to exist on 1913, you need to see the full part III.

Rothschild was one of the architects of whatever happened then. Amartya Sen is a Rothchild Family's protégé, and that is the reason why, I fear for my country.

@Razor, what is your opinion about this part?
I'll have to get back to you on that.
It's been maybe 3 or 4 years since I last saw that documentary and I just realized how fragile my memory is.
:(

pmaitra

I'll have to get back to you on that.
It's been maybe 3 or 4 years since I last saw that documentary and I just realized how fragile my memory is.
:(
I finished it.
@Kshatriya87, the financial part about the US government, and the relation of the banking cartels to the wars is certainly a conspiracy, but not just a theory, but a fact. Also, please see the thread below, and get a perception in Fractional Reserve Banking.

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/religion-culture/64424-definition-religion-2.html#post962574

Srinivas_K

Country flag
One thing i wanna clear for u Religion or God is fake,that is final.Ppl believe that doesn't mean they are right.Many miracles not explained by Science now but that doesn't mean it won't explain in future.

As far is some turn towards God after some mishap bla bla bla........ Once u atheist u always a atheist that's it.Those fools didn't went to temple/churches/mosq doesn't mean they are atheist.

and monks/sadhu etc they are simply HIPPIES they don't know what to do or not to do.So leave them alone

p.s i clearly said i don't have any problem with non/religious. Of-course religious person is stupid but stupidity is also b'ful :lol:
You have not understood the context and the thing I am explaining.

Any phenomena beyond science is considered as GOD and once facts and observations explains that phenomena it becomes an science.

"Once an atheist and always an atheist" this is a new term. Even a hard core atheist believes that there is some thing which is controlling the events.

I hope you understood what I meant when I said GOD.

I thought you will shoot questions related to Vedic philosophy and Advaitha Philosophy.

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Sc&God...i explained it "Many miracles not explained by Science now but that doesn't mean it won't explain in future"

All the Best,Perfection kills me :rofl:

@jus post the link.

I will and can do lot of favors , do not fear :thumb:

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I finished it.
@Kshatriya87, the financial part about the US government, and the relation of the banking cartels to the wars is certainly a conspiracy, but not just a theory, but a fact. Also, please see the thread below, and get a perception in Fractional Reserve Banking.

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/religion-culture/64424-definition-religion-2.html#post962574

Glad you finished it. I called it a theory as I did not know of any way I could learn the truth behind it. Hence I chose to be sceptical about it. I will however check out fractional reserve banking.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

@Razor, what is your opinion about this part? @Peter, you might find this interesting. Don't believe it, but at least see Part III.
Nice video. I had known about a few Rothschild members like Winston Churchill and I do know how he caused the bengal famine.

pmaitra

Nice video. I had known about a few Rothschild members like Winston Churchill and I do know how he caused the bengal famine.
There is a lot of money to be made in wars, but the profits go to the cabal (the ones that pull the strings from behind the curtains), while ordinary people die.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
What link

WTF scare about, God is my favorite subject.I already told u i don't give **** some one worship or not.

Ex:I like Po** some one likes God. If some one say don't watch it,it is all fake (action/expressions...) i may say thank u i didn't know it............... so like god :pound:

Yeah eat lot of pork, bacon and become a pig !!

You know what I am asking !!

:noidea: .................. :sarcastic: .................... :violin: ........................ :heh:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
It is not Pork it is POGO go and watch it :lol:
DFI censored POGO word !!! :shocked:

I used to watch cartoon network !!

scooby doo, swatcats, ghost busters, dexter, Ducktales, spiderman, batman the list is endless .....

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles