What is education according to you?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by vikaskumar11233, Apr 21, 2012.

1. vikaskumar11233

vikaskumar11233 Tihar Jail Banned

Education is the principal instrument of developing human capabilities that provides the instruments for liberation from ignorance and oppression. It is both the cause and effect of development. Education sector, one of the important social sectors in the developing countries plays a gigantic role in promoting the social as well as the economic growth and development of the concerned countries.

More specifically, not the only education but the quality primary education will contribute a lot for its smooth acceleration. In primary education, if the quality will maintain then automatically all the problems in primary education i.e. enrolment, drop-out, out of school, retention, completion and so on will be robotically and gradually solved. The importance of quality components of primary education, its jurisdiction and its role towards the correction of deformities in the process of attaining the goal of Universalisation of Elementary Education (UEE) will be main thrust areas of the discussion. When the quality in primary education will be achieved then definitely the drop out rate will be drastically reduced, which will follow by increase in retention rate as well as the completion rate. This paper is an attempt for analysis of this.
    Our education boards should try to bind the schools to provide a quality education to students.Some boards are trying for that like ]gujarat higher secondary education board is paying strict attention towards it.

3. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Yes, primary education is very important. Education has been neglected in N India for last 4-5 decades, one of the reasons for N India falling behind South and West. Reading about the recent Uttar Pradesh state elections, I came across a news item on one of the VIP constituencies. Now this constituency, for whatever reason, lags behind in many areas including education with a low literacy rate, substantially lower than the rest of the state. As per poll promises of the elected candidate, a manufacturing unit was set up in the main town. Now the villagers complained that even though factory was set up, none of them got jobs in it! The problem is even to work in a modern factory literacy and knowledge of machinery etc is required, perhaps an ITI diploma or engineering degree.

Quality education in government schools is very important and Gujarat govt initiative will hopefully be a beacon for other states.

4. sky

sky Regular Member

Hi

I live in the uk and are very very luck because both my kids get math's tuition from a NRI who both she and her husband are graduates of India's great IIT'S.

For india to become a developed nation it's the people that the have the best education which can propel her to the top. You only need look at the silicon valley to see just how Indian's are helping the USA stay at the top when it come to technology to then be told a lot of these graduates were educated at a IIT school's.

Spend big on IIT schools....

5. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

I was given an excellent education. The education I received was a different matter. The student determines what the education will be.

parijataka and Singh like this.
  6. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

when a paki get education and he does not become terrorist, that's education according to me :laugh::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl::taunt1::taunt1::taunt1:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  7. SPIEZ

SPIEZ Senior Member Senior Member

Employment platform. Only thing you ll have to wait for several years

8. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Education is directly proportional to our stomach, according to me.