What Indian Railways must learn from China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think there is nothing to learn from any other country by any other country.

The reason is that the culture, environment and infrastructure are different.

Each country has to apply itself to its own situation.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There is a frog.He lives in a well and he never goes out of the well. He thinks the sky is as big as the mouth of the well.
One day a crow comes to the well.He sees the frog and says,"Forg,let's have a talk."Then they forg asks,"Where are you from?""I fly from the sky,"They crow says.Then the frog feeis surpriesd and says ,"the sky is only as big as the mouth of the well.How do you fly from the sky?"

The crow says,"The sky is very big.You always stay in the well,so you don't know the wold is big."

The frog says,"I don't believe."But the crow says,"you can come out and have a look by yourself."

So the frog comes out from the well.He is very surpriesd.How big the wold is!
This was said of the Chinese people by the Great Helmsman, Chairman Mao.

Or has the post Deng era made you forget that?

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."
Mao Tse-Tung quotes

Last edited:

gordon

The question is that when you talk of efficiency and dignity, please remember that a whole lot of Chinese cannot return home by rail during Chinese holidays and even have to practically move in cattle car conditions.

In India, during the holiday season, many special trains are run to accommodate the rush.

Speed is no criteria. For those interested in speed, they can always travel by air. Businessmen and rich like to travel to their destination fast.

Safety? Yes, that is a concern for Indian Railways. Chinese Rail has great safety? I would not know.

first question: is india capable of tranport 200 million people back and forth by train within 1 week holiday? another 200 million will choose to drive home or take a bus. but they are not cattle car condition, don't imaging what you don't really know.

second question: do you really think only poor people will choose to travel by train? within 1500 kilometers, high speed train is faster, comfort, half price and more efficient than plane. i can also tell you flight ticket may be sold out 1 month before chinese new year holiday.

gordon

I think there is nothing to learn from any other country by any other country.

The reason is that the culture, environment and infrastructure are different.

Each country has to apply itself to its own situation.
it was written by Indian, i quote it to discuss with your guys. of course i am not forcing you to learn from china railway...
but the important is never be a frog in a well.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
first question: is india capable of tranport 200 million people back and forth by train within 1 week holiday? another 200 million will choose to drive home or take a bus. but they are not cattle car condition, don't imaging what you don't really know.

second question: do you really think only poor people will choose to travel by train? within 1500 kilometers, high speed train is faster, comfort, half price and more efficient than plane. i can also tell you flight ticket may be sold out 1 month before chinese new year holiday.
First question. Yes, they do it. So, maybe you should not staft imaging what happens in India.

Second Question. Poor people in India travel by train, in case you did not know. We have Garib Expresses also that caters for the poor people only so that they can afford the same.

What is so extraordinary about Hi Speed trains? To you it must be something fantastic and worth the penchant for 'showcasing' modernity, but to us, it is not so. We are not in competition with the West.

As Kipling said, 'The East is the East and the West is the West, they twain shall never meet'.

Why must be always want to ape the West?

I am sure the Indian and Chinese philosophy of life is good enough to be what we are and not ape the West as if they are the last word of civilisation.

The Chinese eat with chopsticks, the Indians with their hands and the Westerners with fork and spoon. To be 'modern' must we eat with fork and spoon. If the fork is not cleaned well, there can be residue of the last meal! Is that hygienic and good for health?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
it was written by Indian, i quote it to discuss with your guys. of course i am not forcing you to learn from china railway...
but the important is never be a frog in a well.
Indeed, it was written by an Indian.

But then there are many Indians who have their own agenda to sell.

Indian minds cannot be controlled by the Govt or any other agencies.

Their are many NGOs and others who are funded by western sources. And they call claims to be altruistic.

It makes it difficult to sift the wheat from the chaff.

You may not be able to understand this because in China such issues would be nipped in the bud, by a variety of means that India cannot do.

gordon

As Kipling said, 'The East is the East and the West is the West, they twain shall never meet'.

Why must be always want to ape the West?

I am sure the Indian and Chinese philosophy of life is good enough to be what we are and not ape the West as if they are the last word of civilisation.

The Chinese eat with chopsticks, the Indians with their hands and the Westerners with fork and spoon. To be 'modern' must we eat with fork and spoon. If the fork is not cleaned well, there can be residue of the last meal! Is that hygienic and good for health?
a simple question: why do you choose English as your main language? why not get rid of it together with Western colonialism?

gordon

Indeed, it was written by an Indian.

But then there are many Indians who have their own agenda to sell.

Indian minds cannot be controlled by the Govt or any other agencies.

Their are many NGOs and others who are funded by western sources. And they call claims to be altruistic.

It makes it difficult to sift the wheat from the chaff.

You may not be able to understand this because in China such issues would be nipped in the bud, by a variety of means that India cannot do.
those who think chinese are brain-washed are totally brain washed...
i also criticize CCP Govt.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
a simple question: why do you choose English as your main language? why not get rid of it together with Western colonialism?
Who told you English is the "main language" of India? This keeps coming up again and again from misinformed Chinese posters.

India has two languages that are used for all central government work: Hindi and English. Besides these, every state in India has its own official language, so most Indians speak three languages: their mother-tongue, Hindi and English.

The reason English is still used in central government work is twofold-as a bridge of communication with the rest of the world, and as an alternative means of communication with some South Indian states which opposed the use of Hindi.

It's that simple. If anything, Indians will fault the Chinese far more for losing their cultural identity-due to the Cultural Revolution, "modernity" to Chinese means aping the west. So Chinese leaders or even the common Chinese hardly ever wear their cultural dresses, they have completely adopted western dress styles! As for the religious traditions of China, they have been suppressed to the point of extinction.

gordon

Who told you English is the "main language" of India? This keeps coming up again and again from misinformed Chinese posters.

India has two languages that are used for all central government work: Hindi and English. Besides these, every state in India has its own official language, so most Indians speak three languages: their mother-tongue, Hindi and English.

The reason English is still used in central government work is twofold-as a bridge of communication with the rest of the world, and as an alternative means of communication with some South Indian states which opposed the use of Hindi.

It's that simple. If anything, Indians will fault the Chinese far more for losing their cultural identity-due to the Cultural Revolution, "modernity" to Chinese means aping the west. So Chinese leaders or even the common Chinese hardly ever wear their cultural dresses, they have completely adopted western dress styles! As for the religious traditions of China, they have been suppressed to the point of extinction.
Friend, totally agree with you. i know you are quite literate and far-sighted. however, i am just following Ray's logic to ask him this question. your comment further approved someone is just like a frog in the well...

LTE-TDD

from you words, i finally understand why slow pace in modernisation and infrastructure for the past decades in India...
What can you expect from an indian? Let him enjoy his india great railway.

Tolaha

So says the fella who wants people to refer to him as "Gordon"! :rolleyes:

LTE-TDD

The slow progress in modernisation and creation of infrastructure is creating an inefficient and uneconomical logistic model for India...
So, do not wake them up, we should wish they keep sleep. The good thing is they still happy.

LTE-TDD

It's a wonder that the Indian Railways functions at all. It is a typical government bureaucracy headed by incompetent and corrupt ministers like Lalu Yadav and others who are only looking to fill their own pockets. Forget expansion, even the maintenance of the existing systems is beyond their capacity.

It's not just the Indian Railways, but the whole of the Indian leadership that needs to take lessons from China on how to develop a vision, convert it into implementation of world class systems and successfully manage those systems.
If every indian is thinking like you, that will be a nightmare for China. But I hope you should not become governer.

Tolaha

So, do not wake them up, we should wish they keep sleep. The good thing is they still happy.
For a bunch of folks who have no other option but to lead a life as "guided" by the CCP, you sure know a lot about awakening the people! :whistle:

LTE-TDD

For a bunch of folks who have no other option but to lead a life as "guided" by the CCP, you sure know a lot about awakening the people! :whistle:

we are more than happy with CCP guided life, not worry about us. We are live much better than you are. This week is week long national holiday, I travel from Hangzhou to beijing with our high-speed train, it only take 5 hours to cover 1500km distance, that is one of your CCP guided life, why not? how about you? how long it will take you great India junk train to cover that distance?

Last edited:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
If every indian is thinking like you, that will be a nightmare for China. But I hope you should not become governer.
Most people do think this way. But they may not say so in a debate with Chinese posters because then it becomes a "who's better" contest. There are things that both China and India can learn from each other, and in the real world, this is already happening. But since this is a nationalist forum, you will see posters not willing to admit that.

The same will likely happen if an Indian poster started a thread on what "China can learn from India" on a nationalist Chinese forum. It's natural.

gordon

Respect him. don't be so nationalism parochial. china needs a competent competitor...

LTE-TDD

Most people do think this way. But they may not say so in a debate with Chinese posters because then it becomes a "who's better" contest. There are things that both China and India can learn from each other, and in the real world, this is already happening. But since this is a nationalist forum, you will see posters not willing to admit that.

The same will likely happen if an Indian poster started a thread on what "China can learn from India" on a nationalist Chinese forum. It's natural.
Agree with you, let's shake hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles