What if the American decline never happens?

devil510

The reason why america got out of decline was the oil reserves that they have and they started using them in clinton presidency when bush came they stopped using them and started importing oil they have alot of oil as back up.
next reason are carnegies rockefellers rothchilds and others who are still helping america because they control the world through america.
As for American forefathers were smart but no U.S. is not much except a tool in the hands of big businessmen
As for U.S. people beating all these wars are decided by rothschilds and others and remember this war on terror was started by bush without getting permission of congress just like vietnam war
the reason it does not depress americans becuase they think the war on terror is right and they are doing the right thing the mass manipulation going on in U.S.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Romans thought there would be no end to the Roman Empire. Today it is history.
The British thought they would rule the world forever. Today, British Empire exists, in the history books.
The Soviets thought Communism would conquer the whole world, today USSR is referred to as 'erstwhile USSR'.
Today, the Americans think that USA will be there forever. It too will be placed in the history books.

Nothing stays forever. Anything that has a beginning has an end.
You are right.

Doomsday will be the Day of Judgement!

The world that began shall end.

The end of the world is near!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
No doubt about that. In fact, I would go as far as to say that USA has possibly the best Constitution in the world. Your forefathers were intelligent, humble, morally upright and very enterprising men. They knew the difference between right and wrong. They served as inspirations to the whole world.
Sadly, the American people and their leaders have lost most of the qualities that made them world beaters. Now they 'beat' the world only physically, through show of strength.
We don't understand why you do, what you are doing now. Does it not depress the American people that their great nation is becoming a mere tool at the hands of so many groups with vested interests? Please give us an American perspective.
My personal belief is that the American people must make themselves more politically aware. Obama was elected as a populist who would stand up to the special interests, but has been revealed as corrupt as any president in our history (cf. Grant). Obama is not even as mportant as the factions which groomed him for office.

By the way, the presidential election here is tomorrow, November 6.

s002wjh

Country flag
Romans thought there would be no end to the Roman Empire. Today it is history.
The British thought they would rule the world forever. Today, British Empire exists, in the history books.
The Soviets thought Communism would conquer the whole world, today USSR is referred to as 'erstwhile USSR'.
Today, the Americans think that USA will be there forever. It too will be placed in the history books.

Nothing stays forever. Anything that has a beginning has an end.
sure maybe in a few hundred years or thousands year. too long for me to worry about.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
sure maybe in a few hundred years or thousands year. too long for me to worry about.
Maybe a hundred, maybe a decade, but decline is inevitable. Of course, no one needs to worry about that, just like humans need not worry about death excessively.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
My personal belief is that the American people must make themselves more politically aware. Obama was elected as a populist who would stand up to the special interests, but has been revealed as corrupt as any president in our history (cf. Grant). Obama is not even as mportant as the factions which groomed him for office.
Very unfortunate if that is the case.
If you could just transfer some of that entrepreneurial acumen into political acumen, US will still perform wonders. Also, Americans should start reading books/scholarly material more and stop seeing so much of news-entertainment TV. It's corroding the minds of people and making them highly uninformed and biased.
As for Obama, he cannot even prove his citizenship, just like a certain Sonia Gandhi from India, and yet people of their respective countries have given them the most powerful posts. Americans got swayed by Obama rhetoric and their romanticism with the Negro race also influenced them to vote for Obama. Hell, looks like it was wrong choice. Hope the American people choose wisely this time around.

By the way, the presidential election here is tomorrow, November 6.
Hoping for a Romney landslide, from an Indian standpoint.

Damian

Interesting thing is that US is slowly starting to use their natural resources, I heard that even Putin starts to worries about it's economy, shale gas from US can be interesting alternative for many countries, and can boos US economy.

devil510

Very unfortunate if that is the case.
If you could just transfer some of that entrepreneurial acumen into political acumen, US will still perform wonders. Also, Americans should start reading books/scholarly material more and stop seeing so much of news-entertainment TV. It's corroding the minds of people and making them highly uninformed and biased.
As for Obama, he cannot even prove his citizenship, just like a certain Sonia Gandhi from India, and yet people of their respective countries have given them the most powerful posts. Americans got swayed by Obama rhetoric and their romanticism with the Negro race also influenced them to vote for Obama. Hell, looks like it was wrong choice. Hope the American people choose wisely this time around.

Hoping for a Romney landslide, from an Indian standpoint.
Roney had no chance he lost everybody during debates and campaigning neither romney nor mccain made anything to look like that they were better than obama all of this was mostly a joke everybody knew this time around that romney had no chance after looking at his campaigning and debates

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
To all those who are too busy composing their obituary for America...

New Gas Extraction Methods Alter Global Balance of Power - SPIEGEL ONLINE

The United States is sitting on massive natural gas and oil reserves that have the potential to shift the geopolitical balance in its favor. Worries are increasing in Russia and the Arab states of waning influence and falling market prices.

Last edited:

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag

W.G.Ewald

Professional
With the re-election of Barack Obama, the decline of America is right on schedule.

Damian

Ah don't worry, declines are cyclic. The same decline was during Great Depression, it is rather a matter of time when it will end.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
It must be lonely out there Ewald...
Do you prefer to be a faceless nobody among the proletarian masses?

The Eagle and the Mole

Avoid the reeking herd,

Shun the polluted flock,

Live like that stoic bird,

The eagle of the rock.

The huddled warmth of crowds

Begets and fosters hate;

He keeps above the clouds

His cliff inviolate.

When flocks are folded warm,

And herds to shelter run,

He sails above the storm,

He stares into the sun.

If in the eagle's track

Your sinews cannot leap,

Avoid the lathered pack,

Turn from the steaming sheep.

If you would keep your soul

From spotted sight or sound,

Live like the velvet mole:

Go burrow underground.

And there hold intercourse

With roots of trees and stones,

With rivers at their source,

And disembodied bones.

Elinor Wylie

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Do you prefer to be a faceless nobody among the proletarian masses?

Stop living in a lonely island Ewald. Here's for you...

NO MAN IS AN ISLAND LYRICS - JOAN BAEZ

No man is an island,
No man stands alone,
Each man's joy is joy to me,
Each man's grief is my own.

We need one another,
So I will defend,
Each man as my brother,
Each man as my friend.

I saw the people gather,
I heard the music start,
The song that they were singing,
Is ringing in my heart.

No man is an island,
Way out in the blue,
We all look to the one above,
For our strength to renew.

When I help my brother,
Then I know that I,
Plant the seed of friendship,
That will never die.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
No Man Is An Island

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.
John Donne

W.G.Ewald

Professional
There you have it. asianobserve quotes Joan Baez as a source for "No man Is an Island."

I would be ashamed to let the world know if I were so ignorant.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
There you have it. asianobserve quotes Joan Baez as a source for "No man Is an Island."

I would be ashamed to let the world know if I were so ignorant.

What's with the sudden defensiveness Ewald? You might have a heart attack. Regarding the lyrics, I just copy pasted it. If you should blame anyone it should be the author of that lyrics.

In any case, you are so lucky to have Obama for your President. That dickhead Bush, Jr. has caused you nothing but ridicule and economic catastrophy while your Tea Party alternatives will send you back to biblical times. And had that misguided cowboy been given another 4 years (I know your President only serve a maximum of 8 years) you would have lost Asia to China already... So take a break from Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh programs, and think how lucky you are.

:pound::pound::pound:

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
"Ignorant...." :confused:

BTW, I found this Ewald -

It seems that Joan BAez had her version of "No Man is an Island" after all. A poem. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
BTW, I found this Ewald -

[video]https://www.google.com.ph/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=joan+baez+no+man+is+an+island&oq=joan+baez+no+man+is+an+island&gs_l=hp.3..0j0i30l3.1429.6496.0.7454.29.15.0.13.13 .1.836.4278.0j9j3j5-1j2.15.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.2.hp.HZmdrY_mglo&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41867550,d.aGc&fp=32f707068f2e3a21&biw=1024&bih=643[/video]

It seems that Joan BAez sang her version of "No Man is an Island" after all.
No shit. Are you the American culture expert in your little corner of the world?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles