What exactly is the West Bengal government doing with all the money ?

Param

Bengal is lucky to have someone like Mamata, who else could have taken on the Left?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Bengal is lucky to have someone like Mamata, who else could have taken on the Left?
True, but she has to shed her cosmetic charade and get down to the business of governance and return the State to its feet!

One cannot have Communism in a new avatar, no matter how benign she may aim it to be!

Iamanidiot

It is true that nobody will grudge any other community because that is silly thing to do.

However this (appended in the box below) does show a chip on the shoulder for reasons unknown:

Unless someone is suffering from some complexes of inferiority, one would not make such sweeping, generalised statements.

I am amused at the misplaced arrogance, possibly out of a deep seated inferiority or angst, in this sentence:

they are our countrymen we can only hope they realize their idiocy and reform.

Is the State of Bengal and its population some colony of India that one requires this good man to inform that Bengal is a part of India and have to be tolerated?

The statement - 'they are our countrymen' - does smack of superciliousness engined as if the gentleman is the a colonial left behind (having arrived late for the last steamship) by the British by error as they bade goodbye to their colony at the Gateway of India.

There is no doubt that Bengal has not performed. Bengalis themselves say so.

Let me a good point of Bengal and it is important - we have never had casteism afflicting us, unlike the rest of India!!

I am not stating so out of some theoretical study. Having been to almost all States of India, I have observed casteism at close quarters in different States.
Brigadier I do not need to have an Inferiority because Iam second to none and neither I have an inferiority complex wrt to Bengal or Bengalis rather I have pity on them for the pathetic state of affairs in Bengal and the way they wrecked havoc to themselves
they are our countrymen
Rather than that should I say something else?As an Indian I am entitled to have an opinion on my countrymen and state what I see as their fallacies.This forum is to debate,discuss and deliberate on the problems ailing India (it also includes Bengal).Neither I have a chip on Bengalis nor on anyone of my countrymen.Iam stating again I do plain speak

Param

True, but she has to shed her cosmetic charade and get down to the business of governance and return the State to its feet!

One cannot have Communism in a new avatar, no matter how benign she may aim it to be!
For that she has to consolidate her power and position and not let the Cong or Left come back.

For that she has no option but to take the kind of decisions that keep her party and govt on good stead.

What happened in Bengal for 30 years cannot be undone even in an entire tenure. It can only be a slow process.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
For that she has to consolidate her power and position and not let the Cong or Left come back.

For that she has no option but to take the kind of decisions that keep her party and govt on good stead.

What happened in Bengal for 30 years cannot be undone even in an entire tenure. It can only be a slow process.
I agree.

But then the debt and borrowing cannot go on endlessly.

There is no options but to industrialise.

Iamanidiot

I wonder if whatever your community maybe, your realise the same said characteristics within your creed!

While indeed there are many faults with Bengalis, yet in certain ways, they are rather doing well!

And not because of reservations or some other form of doles given to them gratis!
My community and state is too busy in development and poverty eradication neither my community avails reservations they do not need doles rather we give out doles to what we consider our state and people.Neither we are ossified dinosaurs stuck in 1947

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Brigadier I do not need to have an Inferiority because Iam second to none and neither I have an inferiority complex wrt to Bengal or Bengalis rather I have pity on them for the pathetic state of affairs in Bengal and the way they wrecked havoc to themselves

Rather than that should I say something else?As an Indian I am entitled to have an opinion on my countrymen and state what I see as their fallacies.This forum is to debate,discuss and deliberate on the problems ailing India (it also includes Bengal).Neither I have a chip on Bengalis nor on anyone of my countrymen.Iam stating again I do plain speak
You can have your views.

I don;t grudge them.

But sometimes, yes sometimes at least, stop posting as if you have a chip on your shoulder.

Are we responsible for what history has bequeathed to you?

I am sure you understand what I am meaning!

The root cause of your angst everywhere on this forum!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
My community and state is too busy in development and poverty eradication neither my community avails reservations they do not need doles rather we give out doles to what we consider our state and people.Neither we are ossified dinosaurs stuck in 1947
Cross your heart and say so!

Iamanidiot

The problem with you Mr Idiot is that you have a chip on your shoulder.

You cannot see the positive side of issues.

You are steeped in negativeness.

I am sure there must be good reasons too!
Sir only when we are rooted in reality and look at the negative side of things we will know what to improve and how to improve.If Gandhi was satisifed with the fact we were better of under the British we might have never achieved independence.We need to know our negatives and we must also try to rectify them sir something looking at the positive side of things will not help you achieve

Iamanidiot

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir only when we are rooted in reality and look at the negative side of things we will know what to improve and how to improve.If Gandhi was satisifed with the fact we were better of under the British we might have never achieved independence.We need to know our negatives and we must also try to rectify them sir something looking at the positive side of things will not help you achieve
I appreciate your views and they are correct.

But raising negativeness can still be done with venom and hate.

But maybe I am wrong in stating so, since you must be a young man who has great hopes for India and has much to see how we have evolved and how we are moving away from the goodness taught to us by the better and happier part of our heritage!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir,Iam a shudra my community doesn't need reservations.I belong to this community.Rather we were at the fore front of caste struggles.A shudra need not necessarily avail reservation brigadier the one who is stereotyping here is you
I did not know that you were a Kamma.

Kammas are rich cultivators and political head honchos and are also in the game of exploiting the landless and farm labour.

So, why are you so hell bent in criticising others like the Brahmins et al.

The Reddys and Kammas, comprising 6.5% and 4.8% of the State's population respectively, are the two politically dominant communities. Although the Reddys are distributed throughout the State, they are dominant in the Telangana and Rayalaseema regions. The Kammas, on the other hand, are
traditionally dominant in the coastal districts of Krishna, Guntur and Prakasham; their presence in other regions is marginal. It is the control of these castes over agrarian resources such as land and water that has been the most important source of their economic and political power. As the major
land-owning communities and occupants of important positions of a village, they have traditionally controlled village political life. In the post-Independence period, and especially following the Green Revolution due to the wealth it generated, they expanded their activities into other spheres of the economy, i.e. business, transport, contracts and industry (see Upadhya, 1988 and 1997)....

http://www.odi.org.uk/resources/docs/2692.pdf

I am not too sure if the Kammas are Doras, But I learn that the Dora or the landlord domination was based on a system of economic and social exploitation that had obviously been 'feudal' (despite Thirumali's reluctance to affirm it as such), and that had continued to function openly, and insolently with the help of Vetti and Vettichakiri (forced labour and enforced services) and land-ejectment and land-grabbing, by hook or by crook.

It becomes quite confusing when one reads

People who worship kamma doras of coastal Andhra like NT Rama Rao, Nadendla Bhaskara Rao are talking about doraism in Telangana. Remember that telugu cinema industry is dominated by kamma doras of coastal Andhra. Not velama doras of Telangana. When coastal Andhra was part of Madras province coastal Andhraites used to worship velama dora Rao saheb KV Ranga Rao who belong to Bobbili in Vizianagaram district. Now they are worshipping kamma doras.
Telangana needs to be a separate state to get developed • AndhraNews.com

I will be clear that as far as I know, the Reddys and more so the Kammas are the real rich people in AP. The rest, including the Brahmins, live off crumbs.

Shudras elsewhere I believe are not so fortunate and rich or running the political and eceonomic scene like those of AP.

Therefore, I am not right in believing you have insecurity, except maybe for the fact that, notwithstanding your rightful place in society as No 1 because of you economic and political clout. you are denied that grandeur (which actually is an illusion) granted by Manu!

Last edited:

pmaitra

The Left Front may have gone from power in WB, but leftism hasn't.

Mamata is more left than Buddha, and I am not talking about her support to he Maoists during her ascendancy to Chief Ministership. I am talking about the policies.

West Bengal, along with Jharkhand, Orissa and Chhatisgarh, are indeed rich states, for the abundance of coal and iron ore. Yet, the people are poor.

West Bengal has been a major recipient of refugees and migrants, which started in 1971 from East Pakistan. West Bengal has absorbed a lot of demographics from Nepal, Sikkim, Bihar (which then included Jharkhand), Orissa, and also Sikhs during the 1984 pogroms in Congress ruled states. Everyone has been welcomed into the state. Calcutta being the only major city in the east for a long time has seen a major influx of immigrants. Other than Bangladeshi immigrants, other groups are seldom mentioned.

Coming to Marwaris, honestly, they have been living in the state for so long that they are almost naturalised and one cannot differentiate between a Marwari and Bengali by their accent or behaviour, unless one learn their name. They have contributed a lot to the economics of the state so let's not blame them.

Someone had posted an excellent post on how the Central Government made money out of minerals mined from the state, and how little was given back. I will try to find that post and reproduce it here.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Left Front may have gone from power in WB, but leftism hasn't.

Mamata is more left than Buddha, and I am not talking about her support to he Maoists during her ascendancy to Chief Ministership. I am talking about the policies.

West Bengal, along with Jharkhand, Orissa and Chhatisgarh, are indeed rich states, for the abundance of coal and iron ore. Yet, the people are poor.

West Bengal has been a major recipient of refugees and migrants, which started in 1971 from East Pakistan. West Bengal has absorbed a lot of demographics from Nepal, Sikkim, Bihar (which then included Jharkhand), Orissa, and also Sikhs during the 1984 pogroms in Congress ruled states. Everyone has been welcomed into the state. Calcutta being the only major city in the east for a long time has seen a major influx of immigrants. Other than Bangladeshi immigrants, other groups are seldom mentioned.

Coming to Marwaris, honestly, they have been living in the state for so long that they are almost naturalised and one cannot differentiate between a Marwari and Bengali by their accent or behaviour, unless one learn their name. They have contributed a lot to the economics of the state so let's not blame them.

Someone had posted an excellent post on how the Central Government made money out of minerals mined from the state, and how little was given back. I will try to find that post and reproduce it here.
Try to locate a book called Agony of West Bengal (it actually includes the total East).

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Notwithstanding the reasons and also the excuses, Bengal has lagged behind and has been a sort of burden when she could have maintained her position as the economic capital of India.

Jyoti Basu and the Communist are totally responsible for the decline and I would say oblivion of Bengal.

It is time for pragmatic policies and not the cosmetic salves of this current CM, who if she continue, will sink Bengal further down the abyss.

Iamanidiot

I did not know that you were a Kamma.

Kammas are rich cultivators and political head honchos and are also in the game of exploiting the landless and farm labour.

So, why are you so hell bent in criticising others like the Brahmins et al.

I am not too sure if the Kammas are Doras, But I learn that the Dora or the landlord domination was based on a system of economic and social exploitation that had obviously been 'feudal' (despite Thirumali's reluctance to affirm it as such), and that had continued to function openly, and insolently with the help of Vetti and Vettichakiri (forced labour and enforced services) and land-ejectment and land-grabbing, by hook or by crook.

It becomes quite confusing when one reads

People who worship kamma doras of coastal Andhra like NT Rama Rao, Nadendla Bhaskara Rao are talking about doraism in Telangana. Remember that telugu cinema industry is dominated by kamma doras of coastal Andhra. Not velama doras of Telangana. When coastal Andhra was part of Madras province coastal Andhraites used to worship velama dora Rao saheb KV Ranga Rao who belong to Bobbili in Vizianagaram district. Now they are worshipping kamma doras.
Telangana needs to be a separate state to get developed "¢ AndhraNews.com

I will be clear that as far as I know, the Reddys and more so the Kammas are the real rich people in AP. The rest, including the Brahmins, live off crumbs.

Shudras elsewhere I believe are not so fortunate and rich or running the political and eceonomic scene like those of AP.

Therefore, I am not right in believing you have insecurity, except maybe for the fact that, notwithstanding your rightful place in society as No 1 because of you economic and political clout. you are denied that grandeur (which actually is an illusion) granted by Manu!
Inthe madras regency where the ryotwari system was present Vetti was never much in practice and Kammas are not doras they are jotedars.Sorry brigadier we are not feudals rather we are capitalists to the core.I will also be arrogant brigadier we are shudras we do not avail reservation and our writ runs in entire south india if that satisfies you

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Landlords have always been exploiters of the poor.

If they did not, they would not have got rich!

Pure logic.

Anyone who rules or calls the shots - exploit!

I am from a SC unit and I have lived with them. I know what is exploitation and you don't have to be a Brahmin.

In fact, Brahmins are toothless.

It is the rich neo Brahmins under various guise of 'depressed' caste, who own the riches of the land, and who are the biggest exploiters of the masses!

By wearing the 'depressed' class badge, they avoid the societal scrutiny.

The landed class, irrespective of caste, colour or creed, are the real exploiters of the poor and bleeding them to become rich and then dictating terms!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles