What do your Screen Name and Avatar mean?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
ALBY is ma original name so simply put as username and it means white in gaelic but the funny fact is that m not at all white but black:p

Galaxy

Country flag
Screen Name: Galaxy (Of course, It's not my name :D Sometime back when i registered on different forum, I decided to chose Galaxy as it's easy to remember and catchy too. Few people knew/Know me by Galaxy only, So I kept Galaxy here also to protect my identity on defence forum(s) :p

: I keep changing. Generally,I prefer natural beauty or ancient India as Avatar. :namaste:

Last edited:

hitesh

Screen name -hitesh -Originally created by a boy named hitesh ,RIP boy

Avatar -Cat with AK -- he loved animals & gunz's

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Screen Name: "Civfanatic" is the username I used back in 1999 when I first heard of the Internet. Back then, I was a huge fan of Sid Meier's "Civilization" series of empire-building strategy games, and would play online games with my friends. I haven't bothered to find a new username since then, even though I hardly play games anymore.
I liked Sid Meier's Gettysburg but played Empire Earth.

Avatar: The MiG-29 has always been my favorite fighter yet, ever since I first saw it as a kid in some airshow.
Have you looked at your avatar recently?

johnee

Username: There was a movie named Johnny Gaddaar starring Neil Nitin Mukesh released in 2007. Its crime thriller. Almost every character in the movie is flawed. There is no 'holy' character. The interaction of these shady characters is a heady tale of greed, deceit, betrayal, lies, and murders. But, what I really liked about the movie was that Karma catches up with one and all. Everyone get his due...

I was still in the hangover of this movie, when I registered at now defunct IDF(Indian Defence Forum). It was the first time, I was registering at a forum. I visited the paki def forum. When I came across an Indian def forum, I was delighted and decided to join. So, when the site asked for the username, I typed Johnny without thinking. I think the site rejected it as already registered. So, I altered it to 'johnee'. From then, I have been using the handle.

Avataar: I keep changing it once in a while. I earlier had a bal hanuman avataar. It looked cute. Right now, I have a picture of guy typing while listening to songs...which pretty much sums up what I do on the forum. :D

Thats all. No great thought put into any of it...

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Screen name= Blackwater. Well i went to Andaman Nicobar islands in 1997 for holidays. Inspired by kalapani jail. I choose this name. In today's context blackwater is famous around the world as mercernaries.

Avatar= Pic of Blackwater soldier.
Blackwater USA and Blackwater Worldwide are now know as Xe Services LLC.

I would like blackwater better than xe as acreen name.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Screen Name: Known_Unknown

When I joined this forum, I was known to many members here through my interactions with them at other forums, yet I was unknown, as they did not know who exactly I was.

Avatar: Adolf Hitler, who I admire for this determination to rise to the top, ruthlessness, vengefulness towards his enemies, honesty and achievement (he transformed Germany from being the poorest country in Europe to be the strongest economy in 4 years).

W.G.Ewald

Professional
W.G.Ewald, full name William George Ewald II, named for my grandfather.

Avatar is sketch of Revolutionary War patriot priming his firelock. On my mother's side I am descended from Colonel Nathaniel Hillyer, a Revolutionary War soldier.

Last edited:

Blackwater

Blackwater USA and Blackwater Worldwide are now know as Xe Services LLC.

I would like blackwater better than xe as acreen name.
True ,but for pakis, blackwater is still nightmare... lollllllllllllllllllll Moreover you forget my first reason.I took this name from Kalapani jail in Andaman islands....

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I like this thread (thanks, pmaitra) and another one <http://defenceforumindia.com/members-corner/28791-farm-dreams-dfians.html> because I learned something about DFI members which I did not know previously. I enjoy being on DFI!

anoop_mig25

Country flag
well i donot have any avatar at present.i wanted mig 25 as avatar but i could not find pic of right size and and my screen name consist of my name plus mig25

pmaitra

well i donot have any avatar at present.i wanted mig 25 as avatar but i could not find pic of right size and and my screen name consist of my name plus mig25
Anoop, why don't you post your favourite picture of MiG-25 here, mention the desired size and send me a PM. I will process it and post it back here.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles