What do you admire about Pakistan?

ashdoc

Country flag
I used to like singer nazia Hassan who is no more.

Zulfiqar Khan

Wow, a lot of trolling.

But to stay on topic; I lived in the US most of my life and was amazed when I entered Pakistan. It blew my expectations.

It depends on what you like - Pakistan has;

amazing women, breathtaking landscape, colorful culture, energetic night-life and ect...

ashdoc

Country flag
zulfiqar , most of the 'amazing women' are covered in head to toe burkha and we cant even see them .

breathtaking landscape yes , but it is not safe to travel in many parts to see the landscape because gun toting rogues control many parts .

the 'energetic nightlife' consists of violence that spirals out of control as criminal elements come to play at night .

'colourful culture' consists of a virulent brand of islamic fundamentalism .

pmaitra

@Hamza Baloch, Since this is an Indian Forum, as a matter of courtesy, please refrain from posting content disrespectful to the Indian Security Forces. I encourage you to post good things about Pakistan. Most will appreciate it.

Indian Members, please refrain from trolling.

Gessler

Country flag
Tehmeena Afzal when I think from below and Malala Yousafzai when I think from above.

But then again neither of them are found in Pakistan.

As far as usual stuff like roads, buildings & mountains go, there's nothing in Pakistan that I wouldn't find in India itself so it doesn't draw my attention that much.

@Indx TechStyle @Blackwater @Srinivas_K @Illusive

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
\
Taliban want Sharia law enforced throughout Pakistan

SLAMABAD: A resurgent Taliban in Pakistan's northwestern Swat valley on Monday vowed to enforce Islamic laws across the country while ruling out the possibility of laying down arms following the implementation of Sharia in the region.

Why should us..
Talibs will put pakis to their deaths.
Insha allah Taliban will definitely success one day.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I would like only one thing of Pakistan and that is survived Indian culture. Islamist tried a lot to bring other culture but they could not succeed. They are people like us. So we shall have some soft corner for them inspite of a lots of hater. If true democracy flourish in Pakistan without Army's intervention, Pakistan has some possibility of emerging as a reasonably good nation.

Zebra

Country flag
Dammit, my post gone from this thread. :biggrin2:

Guess what else a sane person can ever say about our Pakistan....!

:pound:

Zebra

Country flag
........................................................................................................ !

Blackwater

I admire their sheer ignorance of their history:biggrin2:

their urge of thakedari of islam:shock:

their inferiority complex:):)

and last but not the least their army procurement system which is as efficient as chini take way :megusta::megusta:

IndoFighter

I would like only one thing of Pakistan and that is survived Indian culture. Islamist tried a lot to bring other culture but they could not succeed. They are people like us. So we shall have some soft corner for them inspite of a lots of hater. If true democracy flourish in Pakistan without Army's intervention, Pakistan has some possibility of emerging as a reasonably good nation.
The possibility of Pakistan emerging as a reasonably good nation is the same as North Korea catching up economically and socially with South Korea. Both are brainwashed and damaged beyond repair and nothing can be salvaged from them.

IndoFighter

The only thing I admire about Pakistan is the way they blame the whole world for the problems that they created themselves.

Illusive

Country flag
Great Landscapes, never had the food but i'm sure it would be tasty like ours :drool:

The natural borders of India are its mountain ranges since its a single land mass but the diversity of landscapes it has is huge.

piKacHHu

Country flag
1) Never being in Pakistan but I am sure they must be having beautiful Himalayan valleys, and a famous yet deadly peak K2 I always wish to visit. Not sure of their food though, but I heard that there are places in northern Pakistan where they grow herbs which produces a vedic-age drink called "Soma".
2) Pakistanis are quite adept in the art of diplomacy; they are master in creating smoke screen and know moves to entangle a larger and powerful neighbor using crafty shenanigans. I think they have embraced the Chanakya Niti more than us in terms of strategic thinking and states-craft. It makes me wonder about the obsession of our generation (Post 1971/ or rather post liberalization) with Pakistan; which is having a dismal GDP figure roughly equal to the state of Maharasthra alone.
3) I had a chance to interact with a Pakistani fellows in a UN conference in Vienna. Based on my interaction on a neutral turf, I must say, they were quite friendly and jovial, even helpful ! Otherwise, if you happen to find them on some gaming server like CS or chess.com, be assured to get their abuses, self-aggrandizing of their martial traits , demeaning Hindu race etc.
4) How the hell they can develop their own Nukes? Even with stolen blue print you can't get a high speed cascade assembly of centrifuges running. That too, without getting sanctioned by the UN as is the case with North Korea.
5) Waseem Akram; he must be a role model for probably every Left handed fast bowler.
6) Coke Studio Pakistan: Their singers are really good except Atif Aslam. He is too overrated.

AnantS

Country flag
Great Landscapes, never had the food but i'm sure it would be tasty like ours :drool:

The natural borders of India are its mountain ranges since its a single land mass but the diversity of landscapes it has is huge.
Quite common are those Himalayan landscapes in India and much better are available, considering Himalayan range extends from north west India to east India. But Pakistan lacks beautiful vistas which western ghats & their tropical forests exude. They consistently love to show empty roads of Islamabad which is planned city built on American lines. But economy is not known by few wide roads an tall buildings. Because if so, North Korea Pyongyang beats the crap out of Islamabad

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
May be I am too optimistic and you are realistic.

The possibility of Pakistan emerging as a reasonably good nation is the same as North Korea catching up economically and socially with South Korea. Both are brainwashed and damaged beyond repair and nothing can be salvaged from them.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I admire the Pakistan of 90's. Their urban infrastructure development was better than ours at that time, they even had cooking gas pipeline to houses at that time if I am not wrong.

Post 9/11, they literally screwed themselves. Pakistan is textbook case now of ,why there should not be two powerhouses running one country.

I don't see light at the end of that tunnel..

To know how bad they are screwed, try to look at last two of their budgets put in their parliament. Even on excel their numbers don't make sense, and don't get me started on spelling mistakes..

AnantS

Country flag
Well I like "Nothing" about Pakistan. They have done nothing to preserve ancient heritage of that area because of their bigot mindset.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles