What do Indians like to drink?

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
I've noticed that Indians like whiskey a lot and aren't much into anything else. They don't care for wine or beer at all. It's mostly hard liquor that's popular over there. Mostly just whiskey, not much else. Is this observation in line with reality?

pmaitra

Include cow-pee in your list, @atheisthindu.

Personally, I like Taurine laced drinks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sambha ka Boss

I've noticed that Indians like whiskey a lot and aren't much into anything else. They don't care for wine or beer at all. It's mostly hard liquor that's popular over there. Mostly just whiskey, not much else. Is this observation in line with reality?
Kingfisher Beer all the way.

pmaitra

He's going to think that you are being serious, about the cow-pee.
You missed the Taurine part. I was being serious, but my comment was not meant to be taken literally.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
You missed the Taurine part. I was being serious, but my comment was not meant to be taken literally.
I just searched for taurine, didn't know what it was.

I drink about 1.5 litres of milk a day. It helps calm me.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
I just searched for taurine, didn't know what it was.

I drink about 1.5 litres of milk a day. It helps calm me.

I tried to drink milk when I was in India. It tastes really weird. I was told that most of the milk over there is adulterated with urea.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I tried to drink milk when I was in India. It tastes really weird. I was told that most of the milk over there is adulterated with urea.
You don't get milk in Canada?

In my native place, I get milk directly from the cow's boobs.

We have like a small out-house/shed kinda thing, where we have like 3-4 cows (number keeps changing) and this guy comes in the morning and gets the milk. :thumb:

PS: No idea about urea in milk story.

Last edited:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
You don't get milk in Canada?

In my native place, I get milk directly from the cow's boobs.

We have like a small out-house/shed kinda thing, where we have like 3-4 cows (number keeps changing) and this guy comes in the morning and gets the milk. :thumb:

PS: No idea about urea in milk story.
Of course we do. I just meant that the milk in India tastes very different from the milk here. I don't drink much milk these days. Used to though. Milk isn't all that good for you actually. Milk cartel keeps pushing it in our faces but apparently it's bad for you.

Read this Debunking The Milk Myth: Why Milk Is Bad For You And Your Bones

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Of course we do. I just meant that the milk in India tastes very different from the milk here. I don't drink much milk these days. Used to though. Milk isn't all that good for you actually. Milk cartel keeps pushing it in our faces but apparently it's bad for you.

Read this Debunking The Milk Myth: Why Milk Is Bad For You And Your Bones
Interesting. I would like resident doctor @Mad Indian to comment on this, he might know something in this field.

Anyway,

1. I think it would be good if the article could give more citations.

2. The article says
Surprisingly, studies demonstrating that milk and dairy products actually fail to protect bones from fractures outnumber studies that prove otherwise.
What this means is that there is something wrong with these methods of study or maybe that different situations produce different results, as the studies can't seem to agree.
I think it may have to do with lobbying.
It is well observed that these scientific studies sometimes tilt in the direction of whichever party pays them more. An example is "global warming."

3. I find it difficult to sleep without drinking warm milk. So i can't help it. :truestory:

Last edited by a moderator:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Tasted almost every brand. I only drink may be 5 or 6 times a year, that too on some occasions.

Daily 2 times green tea and one cup coffee depends on the work load of the day. It is not necessary for me to drink some cold/hot drink to keep my self up to the task.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles