What do Hindus think of Christians

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Soul83, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Soul83

Soul83 Regular Member

Im a serbian-orthodox christian (nominally). From my convincement i equally believe in jesus and some positive aspects of hinduism like karma also i like hindu art and temple and festivals ( for example diwali) but some things are hard to understand to me and make me even scared, i saw once the picture of a hindu woman on facebook and it made me scared because of her look (her clothes, how she painted her face and the piercings like rings in nose etc.). Also i cant understand some things hindus do, but i know many hindus dont do it and they are not all alike. Im interested in hindu philosophy and buddhism and indic religions etc.

What do you think of my opinions and that im christian (at least nominally because i wouldnt describe myself as very devote follower)

3. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

Soul83 likes this.
  4. sorcerer

sorcerer Senior Member Senior Member

They are more gentle and I like them cuz they make good cakes.

Soul83 likes this.
  5. Ashutosh Lokhande

Ashutosh Lokhande Senior Member Senior Member

they are among the coolest person to hangout with. specially if the christian is a gal :D

Soul83 likes this.
  6. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

• Catholics - Smart, cool, and reasonable.
    • Evangelists - Submerged in blind faith, but polite, honest, and helpful.
    • Liberal nonpracticing Christians in the US - If you don't agree with them, you are a bigot. They are the most vicious of all that I have seen.

(With exceptions.)

parijataka, sesha_maruthi27 and jouni like this.
  7. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Good chaps, they are so long the evangelists are kept at an arm's length and proselytising is not the aim.

Free Karma and sesha_maruthi27 like this.
  8. gaurav96

gaurav96 Maverick

It's hardly on religion.. but more on views.Well if he's good..then maybe best friends (I have many).. but if he's a**.. hell with him

Soul83 and sesha_maruthi27 like this.
  9. jouni

jouni Senior Member Senior Member

Hindus are also regarded highly in Finland. I still remember what an effort it was to study all your different gods in school. Christianity classes were much easier in that regard.

10. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Yes, there are different Gods in Hindusm.

It shows the democratic mindset.

Each man as per his own desire can chose the God of their choice/ profession.

Unlike Abrahamic religion that survives on damnation of their God if one goes astray. They are based on Rigid rules and Fear!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  11. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

There is only one superior GOD in Hinduism

Devon ka Dev (i.e) Lord Shiva for Shivites and Vishnu for Vaishnavites.

All other GODs have little stature in front of these two GODS, or created by this GOD for a particular purpose. Some of the Deities are not actual but some kind of Force,art,money etc. Like Goddess Saraswathi who represent Art and education.

Goddess Laxmi who represent Money etc...etc....

In reality Both Shiva and Vishnu when people pray think of same attributes for both of them. Both of them are the same, difference is in the customs and type of worship.

If one follows Vedas there is only one GOD who runs every object and life we find in this universe, called Brahmaan.

Vedas classify one more class above Humans, Called Devas(gods). That is how Hindus get Crores of gods.

Brahmaan puts the Atman(spirit) on to earth and the Atman has to make journey until it attains moksha.

The Atman starts the journey from lower level being and then it travels upto higher level beings like Humans. During this cycle the Atman undergoes reincarnations.

There is a whole lot of Dharmic Philosophy which is relevant to the todays science.

Dharmic religious people hold pluralist view when it comes to GOD and salvation, which is the basis for the liberalism !!

Ashutosh Lokhande and jouni like this.
  12. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

Not all Christians, but I have met many of this kind: They will be friendly, win your trust. Once they are convinced that you have been influenced by their way of life they will start filling you with BS against your religious customs/symbols. Then they will try to convert you. If they feel any sort of resistance coming from your side, they will stop there and then (unlike some other cults who would not leave any stone unturned to prove to you that their faith is superior). Patience and slow poison is their weapon.

13. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Look at it that way if you will, but they know when to stop. They try, and if they see resistance, they respect that, and stop. That earns my approval.

14. anupamsurey

anupamsurey Regular Member

the basic ethos of Hindus against all religions is this

WE CAN CO-EXIST, WE WILL BE FRIENDLY, PROVIDED YOU DON'T INTERFERE OR CAUSE HARM TO US AND OUR RELIGION
    THE CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY IS SMALL AND KEEPS TO ITSELF IN India, NOT UNLIKE MUZZIES WHO TRY TO GET INVOLVED IN ANYTHING WHICH HINDUS DO.

BUT CHRISTIAN IN INDIA HAVE REPUTATION OF FORCED CONVERSION AND ANTI INDIA ACTIVITIES (LIKE IN TN nuclear reactors) in first instance there was a huge backlash in Orissa.

so if you ask me, it depends upon how you look at me and treat me.

15. Soul83

Soul83 Regular Member

just for the record im not a christian who wants to convert hindus or thinks that christianity is superior im not a priest or very devote follower etc. also im pan-religion that means i believe most religions have something good in them and i respect them.

16. genius

genius Regular Member

I don't think Hindus are highly in Finland or in any other place. They are regarded the same way Muslims are regarded - as something foreign, strange, exotic, backward, and potentially harmful.

17. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

@jouni your thoughts on this deluded soul :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  18. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

The kind of schooling we have in India we are told to respect all the religions and be god/bhagwan/allah fearing. The kind of conditioning Hindu religion itself does to practicing Hindus with concept like Karma and many more, the Hindu fear every tom, dick and harry who claim to be associated with business of supernatural, worship, enchanting and God in general. Asking dharmic people what they think about other religions is always going to be a safe bet with plenty of positive response.

I still remember in childhood doing 'Crossing Oneself' gesture like Christians do before committing to any adventurous move playing a sport, saying 'Ya Ali' before jumping from the tree, bowing head every time passing in front of any Gurudwara or place of worship.

Having said that, apart such simplistic queries, when Hindus get themselves involved into more complex and confronting discussions pertaining to religions then I can fairly say that Hindus are reacting not preempting to insult anyone.

Plenty more can be said like, a person like me, who have started understanding how this scam called secularism has been played out; has changed the way I used to see religions. How it has been thrust upon as a compulsion for Hindus to be apologetic about Hinduism or be ready to tagged as communal. How not being politically correct will be deleterious to Hindus and how it is only Hindus because their religion is not well defined, the defined religions have all the right to Ox around.

Now I really want to see that shit when Hindus being not politically correct or apologetic or non-secular for that matter, will be in trouble or under threat of extinction.

Let the Christianity or any other so called well defined religion be compared with Hinduism. Let there be a open debate and let us see what these religion have so far offered to us Hindus, being different or being congenial. You want respect, you have to earn it or assume that there is nothing from my side if not disrespect.

19. jouni

jouni Senior Member Senior Member

In Finland a lot of people are only few generations away from the "forests". For example I live in Lapland and all kind of spirits and ghosts are a normal part of live. Only few weeks ago I had two hours discussions with few friends regarding what kind of spirits and ghosts they have seen lately. If you Indians are spiritual and not bigots or extremists you would fit greatly in Finland.

We have freedom of religion, and we are tolerant. It is not surface only. Of course we are protestant Christians, but scratch a surface a bit and we are still in connection with nature and "beyond".

Sami shamanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ashutosh Lokhande and Srinivas_K like this.
  20. vishwa

vishwa New Member

Some Christian missionaries are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from ordinary common Christians.

Millions of foreign tourists fearlessly and very happily and regularly visit 1000s of Christian churches in India and post their videos on internet for those who cannot travel to India. Unlike Islamic Pakistan,

Christians build 100s of NEW churches every year in India and there are at least 10,000 churches in India, 100s of them unbelievably GRAND. but in Pakistan, total churches is less than 100, most of them leftover from the British colonial period. Almost all churches in India are huge while in Pakistan they are obscure small. Even some churches in Pakistan are constructed in Islamic fashion to not "offend" Muslims.

In India, Christians can fearlessly convert 1000s of Hindus every year but Christian missionaries will not dare convert to liberate a single Muslim in India while you could forget Pakistan in this regard.

Yet the most treacherous and heinously cunning Pakistanis are keen to play some Christians against India just like they play Sikhs against Hindus and India and Dalits etc. So called minorities in India are gradually rising to this very well hidden fact.

The end of Pakistan will mean the theocratic Sunni Islamic country will be cut to one-third its present size where all Sunnis can live according to their wish. That is karmic strike and this karmic strike has not yet even begun and they are chest beating and wailing in the streets. It will mean the liberation of all in Pakistan. Please forward this to all.

Christian missionaries also run campaigns for conversion on Indian TV channels and have their own channels in India which are regularly monitored by all foreign intelligence agencies. Every foreign intelligence agency WHICH HELPS FRAME FOREIGN POLICY of their respective nation monitors Indian and Pakistani media as it is their job and they know the difference between the two.

ezsasa likes this.
  21. sydsnyper

sydsnyper Senior Member Senior Member

@jus your inspiring thoughts ???