What are your hobbies?

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Nobody makes it out of life alive and it is a rough road. What do you do to numb the pain?

In other words please post your hobbies.

Mine are training my dog, cars, reading (non fiction and history mostly), guns and coding.

captscooby81

Country flag
Paaji living in india and working in city take out most of the time to other interest ..We spend more time stuck in the traffic commuting between work and home every day ..Kaha hobby kha time hai ..

I am more like couch potato ..surf surf surf the web and i am now days DFI full time ..I do read books mostly Autobiography and biographies and when ever i found some time like to hit the road with my motorbike and feel some fresh winds on my face ..

Used to play football but gone are those days

Last edited:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Paaji living in india and working in city s talk out most of the time to spend for someone interest ..We spend more time stuck in the traffic commuting between work and home every day ..Kaha hobby kha time hai ..

I am more like couch potato ..surf surf surf the web and i am now days DFI full time ..I do read books mostly Autobiography and biographies and when ever i found some time like to hit the road with my motorbike and feel some fresh winds on my face ..

Used to play football but gone are those days
Join a superbike course,atleast once.

You will enjoy it.

I will take part in 4-6 superbike courses from next year onwards.

=============================================================

captscooby81

Country flag
@Project Dharma If i would have been in USA the first thing i would do is join a shooting range and get an Automatic rifle .Always fascinated with Gun from childhood and that s one more reason why i want to join TA:biggrin2::biggrin2:

Off late i am thinking to join some course on Ethical hacking ...Need to find out any institute in my city which runs course in that

@aditya10r Superbike course is due the problem with my life today is my work schedule involves lots of travel and i am really squeezed in between bed and boarding time all the time ..i even work on sundays most of the times which makes my life sucks ....

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
@aditya10r Superbike course is due the problem with my life today is my work schedule involves lots of travel and i am really squeezed in between bed and boarding time all the time ..i even work on sundays most of the times which makes my life sucks ....
I took my brother to css-16 in chennai,he was shit scared of seeing people leaning doing wheelis and stoppies.

He is very much like you,has a good enough job and a car,lives in powai for 2 years and has never bothered to enjoy the powai lake or anything.

Dont become like my brother,he is an extreme academic and financial success.

captscooby81

Country flag
Even if i want to i cannot become like your brother you are comparing a cat with lion buddy ..

Neither i was extremely academic neither i tasted financial success . i make my ends meet and live a simple life and yes i am always passionate about travelling and bikes so never hesitate to jump if i get even slightest opportunity

i been there done there all gone ..I raced in the MMSRT way back in 2000s in a suzuki Shogun ....:biggrin2:

I took my brother to css-16 in chennai,he was shit scared of seeing people leaning doing wheelis and stoppies.

He is very much like you,has a good enough job and a car,lives in powai for 2 years and has never bothered to enjoy the powai lake or anything.

Dont become like my brother,he is an extreme academic and financial success.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
@Project Dharma If i would have been in USA the first thing i would do is join a shooting range and get an Automatic rifle .Always fascinated with Gun from childhood and that s one more reason why i want to join TA:biggrin2::biggrin2:
Exactly my thought. I even contemplated signing up for the Army reserves in America but my wife talked sense into me lol

Off late i am thinking to join some course on Ethical hacking
I think it is a waste of time. Learn about cryptography and Operating System fundamentals. Take a security course on Coursera. Also follow Linux CVEs

http://www.cvedetails.com/product/47/Linux-Linux-Kernel.html?vendor_id=33

Ethical hacking institutes just focus on known vulnerabilities and using tools that have been published by somebody else to exploit them mostly and focus on producing "script kiddies".

Most of these exploits will be patched by any competent devops organization.

Best to be a producer of knowledge than a consumer.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Even if i want to i cannot become like your brother you are comparing a cat with lion buddy ..

Neither i am extremely academic neither i tasted financial success . i make my ends meet and live a simple life and yes i am always passionate about travelling and bikes so never hesitate to jump if i get even slightest opportunity

i been there done there all gone ..I raced in the MMSRT way back in 2000s in a suzuki Shogun ....:biggrin2:
Money and academics are a different thing than happiness and content in life.I outclass almost all of my family members in earning but still manage my EMI's and everything under 50k(minus my travel expenses).

The point is simple,dont become boring.

He is just plain guy,no masala.I was at a beer club with him and a uber hot girl approached him,as a courtsey you have to start a talk,so the girl started talking about sports and my brotha started explaining her about how companies who sponsor such events make money,the frustration on the girls face was evident.

Even his current GF had to make him cough up his feelings.

He is just toooooooooooooo plain.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Paaji living in india and working in city take out most of the time to other interest ..We spend more time stuck in the traffic commuting between work and home every day ..Kaha hobby kha time hai ..
What is your commute time? I spend 2.5 hours total daily in commuting. It is a killer. :frown:

captscooby81

Country flag
It takes less than a hour for me between work and home . But I hit home open the laptop then done till I crash for sleep

Luckily for me paaji ab tak sense bolne wala nahi hai . Warna mera TA kha dream bhi wohi hai hogao_O

I am basic guy in computer s though I studied b.sc computers never keen on programming but was interested in animation side . . Will start learning something it's one life to live

Oh I do have a big bucket list pending

Climbing upto mount Everest base camp
Scuba diving in Bora Bora
Bungee jumping in Queensland
Trekking in Kepler's track NZ

Let's see when I get time to do these

Exactly my thought. I even contemplated signing up for the Army reserves in America but my wife talked sense into me lol

I think it is a waste of time. Learn about cryptography and Operating System fundamentals. Take a security course on Coursera. Also follow Linux CVEs

http://www.cvedetails.com/product/47/Linux-Linux-Kernel.html?vendor_id=33

Ethical hacking institutes just focus on known vulnerabilities and using tools that have been published by somebody else to exploit them mostly and focus on producing "script kiddies".

Most of these exploits will be patched by any competent devops organization.

Best to be a producer of knowledge than a consumer.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Hobbies...well...Nothing special.

Gaming,Reading random stuff that i could find,Listening to Video Games Soundtracks.

Left gaming so i can focus little bit on my future.

The thing is,I'm yet to find what special qualities i've got.I think i'm gonna shine in my 30s.

Last edited:

Innocent

Country flag
@Dharma ji, what do you think is it still worth learning python in these day and age?
I know there is still demand in market, but so are enough programmer.
What do you think, or should i learn something different?

p.s I havent started it yet.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
P.S. I always wanted to learn some musical instruments.

I inherited a harmonica from my grandma,a tremolo harmonica but i don't know jack s#!t bout playing it.

Later i found a channel on YT,a Sardarji giving lessons on Harmonica,a guy named Doordarshi Singh.Will check it out when i'll get some relaxation in life.
Link : https://www.youtube.com/user/tanwinderjippy/videos

I have a dream to learn at least these two instruments : Piano (or Electronic Keyboard) and Violin.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
@Dharma ji, what do you think is it still worth learning python in these day and age?
I know there is still demand in market, but so are enough programmer.
What do you think, or should i learn something different?

p.s I havent started it yet.
My advice would be to focus on learning good design patterns, CS fundamentals and read a lot of code. The language doesn't matter, they come in style and go. It is the stuff that you do in that language that counts more. Identify the niche in which you want to work, find open source projects in that list and follow the github issues and their fixes. You will learn a lot by doing that.

As a side effect, once you identify your niche, you will figure out which language is the most important to learn in that area. For example, if you want to do Linux kernel programming, you need to learn C. If it is low level programming, C or Rust is a good idea. If general purpose backend programming then Python or Golang are fine. If front end then Javascript.

If you don't know what area you want to focus on then backend programming is pretty general and there are lots of jobs. I would recommend Golang over Python at this stage.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles