What are you listening to?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
But still managed to push in Christian cultural agenda, if you notice in the end the kids watching the projector images, it says "Mariya Mata", which is what Indian vernacular languages refer to Mother Mary as. It tries to portray Indian religion as merely 'colorful fancy culture' as opposed to a 'true religion'. I've noticed that the west subtly tries to discredit our religion by isolating the theological connotations from our customs by making it look like colors, song and dance. So Holi becomes a fancy festival of colors as opposed to the victory of Pralhad over Holika, Diwali becomes a festival of light as opposed to victory of Ram. Yogi becomes just another street performer, little Shiva becomes just another fancy dress, Varanasi becomes just another beach, saffron flag becomes just a rag on top of a stick and all the kids are malnourished, this is like Slumdog Millionaire Ver 2.0, all they had to do was add a snake charmer scene and it would have been the wet dream of a racist evangelist.

To give you an analogy, it would be the moral equivalent of Rani Mukherjee going to the US, putting black paint on her face and picking cotton with the good ol' negros on the plantation to 'show the beauty of American culture'.

Watch that video in that context and you will realize that Beyonce, (is known by her fans as 'the queen') has postured herself as Maria Mata civilizing the exotic pagans who love song and dance and colors, she is trying to execute the white man's burden (ironic, since she is a black woman, but I hope you get my point). Beyonce Or am I reading too much into this? @Sakal Gharelu Ustad
I would not read too much into it. Obviously, you cannot expect them to tell about Holi in a 5 min song. Showing song and dance is just to show culture and traditions of India. Also, a regular brainwashed multicultural zombie in the west would not look into it as deep as you do. But again, he will only get the idea about colourful traditions and not how it is closely related to Hinduism. In any case, 5 min video can't do it.

Nevertheless, I missed the last part before and just now noticed Maria Mata, which is definitely Xtian propaganda material and cannot be ignored. Even though most of the western viewers won't get it because of it being in Devanagri script, but we got our message!!

So I think the bias of the directors of this video cannot be ignored as mementic influence. Not everyone who made the video or even coldplay might be ignorant about it, but the guy who inserted maria mata is more than smart, specially given that Beyonce is Rani.

cannonfodder

Country flag
See the sublime iconography in this shot where hordes and hordes of full blooded Indians are thronging to hear the message (or gospel, if you may) which Maria Mata is hear to deliver :

I changed my opinion and think you are right about marya mata.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
I would not read too much into it. Obviously, you cannot expect them to tell about Holi in a 5 min song. Showing song and dance is just to show culture and traditions of India. Also, a regular brainwashed multicultural zombie in the west would not look into it as deep
Did you check my follow up response to @gpawar, which is just above your comment?

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/what-are-you-listening-to.2900/page-71#post-1163252

There are other nuances which are strategically placed to add context to the Holi, Diwali celebrations portrayed in the first half of the video. Of course we don't expect them to explain our festivals in a 5 minute video but the purpose of showing the celebrations, even though seemingly innocuous, ends up serving their agenda, nonetheless. The first 70% of the video is full of stereotypes dedicated to establishing to the western audience, the 'Indianness' of the subjects portrayed in the video (as the west sees it), which they use in the latter part of the video to reinforce their Xtian iconography when they show those 'diehard Indians' thronging to hear Mata's message. It is an euphemism for the openness of all kinds of people to the grace of the gospel.

Also, take a look at the Life Of Pi interpretation, it's a masterpiece in itself, and it tells you how the west sees and thinks about Indic concepts.

PS : My view is that Life Of Pi was about monism, but the movie review blogger has done a good attempt at making it into Dvaita philosophy by establishing a strong dichotomy between the self and the perceived world (or divine world). That is where her Christian upbrining colors her views. I think the movie is a fantastic interpretation of what Advaita Vedanta looks like in real life. The animals and the ship are all projections of each other and Pi is merely our window into the interconnected world where no projection, including Pi, is any more real or fake than the other. But, because the author has assumed the protagonist to be 'The Self' as opposed to 'The Divine', her interpretations go astray after a while. She has done a good job of presenting her view. Do read it, it is a good template for how our worldview differs from their at a very fundamental level. She managed to turn it into monotheism despite invoking Mandelbrot Sets herself, which are an expression of monism in themselves.

http://thefineartdiner.blogspot.in/2013/02/a-forest-of-symbols-life-of-pi-and-chaos.html

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Did you check my follow up response to @gpawar, which is just above your comment?

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/what-are-you-listening-to.2900/page-71#post-1163252

There are other nuances which are strategically placed to add context to the Holi, Diwali celebrations portrayed in the first half of the video. Of course we don't expect them to explain our festivals in a 5 minute video but the purpose of showing the celebrations, even though seemingly innocuous, ends up serving their agenda, nonetheless. The first 70% of the video is full of stereotypes dedicated to establishing to the western audience, the 'Indianness' of the subjects portrayed in the video (as the west sees it), which they use in the latter part of the video to reinforce their Xtian iconography when they show those 'diehard Indians' thronging to hear Mata's message. It is an euphemism for the openness of all kinds of people to the grace of the gospel.

Also, take a look at the Life Of Pi interpretation, it's a masterpiece in itself, and it tells you how the west sees and thinks about Indic concepts.

PS : My view is that Life Of Pi was about monism, but the movie review blogger has done a good attempt at making it into Dvaita by establishing a strong dichotomy between the self and the perceived world. That is where her Christian upbrining colored her views. I think the movie is a fantastic interpretation of what Advaita Vedanta looks like. The animals and the ship are all projections of each other and Pi is merely our window into the interconnected world where no projection, including Pi, is any more real or fake than the other. But, because the author has assumed the protagonist to be 'The Self' as opposed to 'The Divine', her interpretations go astray after a while. She has done a good job of presenting her view. Do read it, it is a good template for how our worldview differs from their at a very fundamental level.

http://thefineartdiner.blogspot.in/2013/02/a-forest-of-symbols-life-of-pi-and-chaos.html
Deep down most share the white men's burden and are although sinners in most sense but still stick to Xtian roots. There is no denial about it.

A non-practising Protestant girl from Germany was telling how aghast she was in Ghana after seeing them sing and dance in Church!! I scraped the surface and it came out she used to visit church with her grandma, but do not do so now.

Most westerners are pulled in different directions now because of their individual narcissism and somewhat Xtian upbringing. But even after all this- the duty to teach those evil pagans remains as alive as ever.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
and as once @asingh10 as well as a 70s BBC documentary had shown, that streak remains alive & kicking in supposed militant atheists like dawkins & in many a western scientists as well.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
Deep down most share the white men's burden and are although sinners in most sense but still stick to Xtian roots. There is no denial about it.

A non-practising Protestant girl from Germany was telling how aghast she was in Ghana after seeing them sing and dance in Church!! I scraped the surface and it came out she used to visit church with her grandma, but do not do so now.

Most westerners are pulled in different directions now because of their individual narcissism and somewhat Xtian upbringing. But even after all this- the duty to teach those evil pagans remains as alive as ever.
We are evolving our means too :

But guess what? The 'strategic thinkers' in the Xtian community saw even this as a threat and started a copy-cat festival of colors called ColorRun, in order to appropriate our culture and take away our USP. The fact that they responded, and responded so fast, means that there IS a central thinker who IS keeping an eye on us and playing it like a chess game, unlike seculars who say "no no, there is no Xtian agenda, you are seeing too much".

I've figured out how the Church's algorithm works. First they come out with a diktat, when people oppose it, the Church uses its propaganda to resist the people's views as long as they can until they start losing adherents. But when they see that many are disobeying the diktat and the Church will lose a significant amount of followers if they don't change, they, well, change. That is how they tackled the 'problems' of abortion rights and gay rights. They resisted as long as they could, but once they realized that the popular backlash was too strong and people were moving away from religion to pursue their individual interests, they made peace with it and the Pope came out in support of gay rights out of the blue. This itself belies their claim of being the 'divine word of god'. Nothing divine about it if you keep changing it for political convenience. It's just an extension of medieval feudalism adapted to modern day political organization. If you change your moral stance to retain followers and power then you have no moral stance. Retaining power IS your stance.

The deep rooted nexus between the so called anti-religious, progressive Democrats and the Church was nicely exposed when the Church pronounced that Trump is not a Christian. The Democrats are supposedly atheist, pro-women, pro-choice, pro-atheist aren't they? how come the Church is helping them destroy Trump? The progressive agenda is all a big drama sponsored by the Church itself to weaken native cultures in other countries. In their own country, they act as a buffer to attract non-religious people into a holding room, to keep them from crossing the ideological fence and going over to other religions and evolving a real counter-narrative. To that strategic end, the Church 'promotes' atheism in the US. From their point of view, it's better for a non-religious American to opt for atheism and remain under the American fold instead of becoming a Muslim or Hindu and adopting a counter-culture which they see as a threat to Christianity. This shape-shifting, two headed Mayavi Rakshas of Christianity-Atheism is more dangerous than Islamic terrorism. Completely agree with @OneGrimPilgrim about the bogey of militant atheists sponsored by the Church.

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
We are evolving our means too :

But guess what? The 'strategic thinkers' in the Xtian community saw even this as a threat and started a copy-cat festival of colors called ColorRun, in order to appropriate our culture and take away our USP. The fact that they responded, and responded so fast, means that there IS a central thinker who IS keeping an eye on us and playing it like a chess game, unlike seculars who say "no no, there is no Xtian agenda, you are seeing too much".

I've figured out how the Church's algorithm works. First they come out with a diktat, when people oppose it, the Church uses its propaganda to resist the people's views as long as they can until they start losing adherents. But when they see that many are disobeying the diktat and the Church will lose a significant amount of followers if they don't change, they, well, change. That is how they tackled the 'problems' of abortion rights and gay rights. They resisted as long as they could, but once they realized that the popular backlash was too strong and people were moving away from religion to pursue their individual interests, they made peace with it and the Pope came out in support of gay rights out of the blue. This itself belies their claim of being the 'divine word of god'. Nothing divine about it if you keep changing it for political convenience. It's just an extension of medieval feudalism adapted to modern day political organization. If you change your moral stance to retain followers and power then you have no moral stance. Retaining power IS your stance.

The deep rooted nexus between the so called anti-religious, progressive Democrats and the Church was nicely exposed when the Church pronounced that Trump is not a Christian. The Democrats are supposedly atheist, pro-women, pro-choice, pro-atheist aren't they? how come the Church is helping them destroy Trump? The progressive agenda is all a big drama sponsored by the Church itself to weaken native cultures in other countries. In their own country, they act as a buffer to attract non-religious people into a holding room, to keep them from crossing the ideological fence and going over to other religions and evolving a real counter-narrative. To that strategic end, the Church 'promotes' atheism in the US. From their point of view, it's better for a non-religious American to opt for atheism and remain under the American fold instead of becoming a Muslim or Hindu and adopting a counter-culture which they see as a threat to Christianity. This shape-shifting, two headed Mayavi Rakshas of Christianity-Atheism is more dangerous than Islamic terrorism. Completely agree with @OneGrimPilgrim about the bogey of militant atheists sponsored by the Church.
It is a big nexus, fully supported by local sepoys.

Similar to those who sell Yoga with Xtian chants. The bania babas are killing our traditions and decontextualizing them. We need to fight back and fight back hard.

Every time I hear about color run or something, I tell all westerners it is fake copy.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
It is a big nexus, fully supported by local sepoys.

Similar to those who sell Yoga with Xtian chants. The bania babas are killing our traditions and decontextualizing them. We need to fight back and fight back hard.

Every time I hear about color run or something, I tell all westerners it is fake copy.
Yup, nice Christian Taqyyia going on in the name of secularism.

Maybe it's a Ganga-Mississippi tehzib as per seculars.

Anyway, coming back to the context of the thread, do check this one out. It's a peaceful tabla version of Pirates of the Caribbean.

cannonfodder

Country flag
Of topic: We have to make our pagan/multipath concept cool again:daru:. Somehow our concept is just bit complex but can stick with Atheist.

I am going to go and talk to promotion camp just to get a feel of it they have to say. I see Abrahamic sales counter but never dharmic counters.

Yup, nice Christian Taqyyia going on in the name of secularism.

Maybe it's a Ganga-Mississippi tehzib as per seculars.

Anyway, coming back to the context of the thread, do check this one out. It's a peaceful tabla version of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
Of topic: We have to make our pagan/multipath concept cool again:daru:. Somehow our concept is just bit complex but can stick with Atheist.

I am going to go and talk to promotion camp just to get a feel of it they have to say. I see Abrahamic sales counter but never dharmic counters.
What promotion camp are we talking about?

asingh10

possibly the best 'western spaghetti' genre movie in bollywood aside from sholey.

khote sikkey

love the lyrics of this song...very inspiring.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles