West Bengal to bring in bill on OBC quota for government jobs

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by SHURIDH, May 3, 2012.

1. SHURIDH

SHURIDH Senior Member Senior Member

3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

West Bengal was a peaceful State without any divides.

This woman is highlighting the divides and making this State like any other State of India.

Her eye is on her warming the seat of power and not the State's health!

She is going to give :inr: 1000 as pay to muezzins since they are poor.

She has done some tinkering to curb the priest of Kalighat.

Soon the Hindu priests will be up in arms!

And it will be Half a pound of tuppeny rice, half a pound of treacle, that's the way the money goes, Pop Goes the Weasel!

This woman is the original coveted organ of Eve!

Last edited: May 3, 2012
    SHURIDH likes this.
  4. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

I would not be surprised if she brings in a quota even in private jobs!!

5. Ray

Lets wait for a bye-election and we will know where this idiot stands.

Her goons have caused great discomfort all around.

6. Ray

Bengal has 30% Muslims.

The largest percentage in India.

We have had no issues.

This woman will make us go for each other's throats.

Already there was some problems in Mograhat that was not reported by the media.

Even the media are running scared!

7. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

What was that?

8. SHURIDH

sir west bengal does not have largest percentage of muslims in india.it is fourth.
    Lakshdweep 95.37%
    jammu & kashmir 68%
    assam 33.5%
    muslim percentage is estimated 26.86%-27.15% now in west bengal it is not 30%.
    The fact is the panchyat election is coming next year.
    Muslim of west bengal unlike other indian muslim more lives in rural area than urban area.
    So that is why muslim are 17% of west bengal urban population.but muslim are 32% of west bengal rural population.thats why she is trying to fool west bengal muslim.
    In her almost 1 year era she visits many districts but she does not visit 3 districts murshidabad,malda,uttar dinajpur.which have highest concentration of muslim.murshidabad,malda face flood problem she does not care.in last one year she never paid attention those district because it is congress who leads in those district.she does not like it.she wants her power in everywhere.she decides to punish people of those district.no development plan pass in cabinet for those district.thats why even her alley congress ask her does not murshidabad,malda,uttar dinajpur also part of west bengal.than why this discrimination for those district.if mamta really thinks about muslim than why she discriminate those three district which has huge propotion of muslim.thats reval she only cares about vote.she also creat a rough division of west bengal muslim.
    1/muslims of north bengal & murshidabad
    2/muslims of rest of west bengal.
    Thats not good.
    You will be shocked to know among 73 thousand imam of west bengal she chose 30thousand imam for payment.she chose those 30 thousand on the basis of loyality to tmc and this loyality judge by tmc local leader.out of those 30thousand imam only 900comes out from muslim dominated murshidabad,malda,uttar dinajpur.reason they are hardly any loyal tmc imam those area.more division.i won't be surprise if imam of those area in upcoming days reduce to do their religious duty and start to waving tmc flag to prove their loyality to mamta.
    Mamta wants to control everything.by doing some thing for some imam she tries to control mosques.she tries to make a religious worshiping place into a brunch of her party office and also hoping those imam will work as her agent in the return of her favour and influance muslim vote in favour of tmc.great thinking of mamta.west bengal muslim are 23 million.they have many problem. to solve those problem need hardwork.mamta does not want work hard she wants short cut.by doing some favour to 30thousand imam she wants to control 23 million people via 30thousand imam while neglecting basic minority development issue.
    Mamta should know that reciving any kind of payment,benifit from government is strictly forhabited for imam and muajjin according to islamic shariah.they can only recive donation of indiviual or private group.
    Mamta should realise by doing identity politics and dividing bengali socitey by various angle she creats immense harm to us.

9. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

Do the imams and muezzins who accepted the grant, know this?

anoop_mig25 likes this.
  10. Ray

Muezzins to get Rs 1000 a month

Announcing the decision after a cabinet meeting, the chief minister said she had received requests to help the muezzins, who give the call to prayers.

“They are very poor. We have decided to provide this assistance as it will help in their socio-economic development. This is aimed at community development. A number of community leaders had requested me to do something for the muezzins,” Mamata said. “The Muslim population in Bengal is around 30 per cent, the highest in India. They have to be given equal opportunities for their socio-economic development.”

Last month, Mamata had announced a similar scheme for imams. Each imam would get Rs 2,500 a month as honorarium through the Wakf board. She had also announced a housing scheme for the imams and formed a task force with clerics as members to consider her proposals for the welfare of the imams.

Muezzins to get Rs 1000 a month

11. Ray

Through the Waqf board they shall be paid.

12. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Recently, She announced 10% Job reservation for Muslim OBCs.

Basirhat: Announcing sops for minorities ahead of panchayat elections next year in the state, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said a survey has been ordered for ensuring job reservation for Other Backward Classes among Muslims.

Backward Classes Welfare Minister Upendra Nath Biswas has been directed to ensure that the report on the survey was submitted immediately and a law would be passed in the assembly within a month.

Referring to the 10 per cent quota announced by the previous Left Front government for OBCs among Muslims, she said "the survey has been ordered as the reservation will have to be made legal. What the previous government did in this matter has no legal basis."

She said the new law would also have provision for ensuring higher education of boys and girls and that an employment bank would be created.

"I want more Muslim boys and girls to go for higher education and become doctors and engineers", the Chief Minister said.

Former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee had in February, 2010, announced the OBC quota for Muslims, acting on the recommendations of the Justice Ranganath Mishra Commission.

The shift in the minority vote away from Left Front and towards Trinamool Congress was one of the reasons for the electoral reverses suffered by Left parties in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections in West Bengal as well as in the state assembly polls last May which saw Trinamool Congress sweeping to power.

Job reservation for Muslim OBCs by Mamata govt

Is She secular ? :frusty:

There should not be any reservation for Muslims or Christians. I heard that in religion of peace, Everyone is equal. Neither constitution allows reservation based on religion nor it's good for the unity of the country in long run!!

13. SHURIDH

mamta than don't know about the concentration of muslim india.lakshdweep,j&k,assam has larger proposition of muslims than wb and i think you know that up has highest number of muslim.
    Wb has 27% muslim.they are 17% in urban wb and 32% in rural wb.
    So looks like our cm does not know exact demographics of wb.

And what happen in moghrahat .it is in south 24 pargana district i know

14. Ray

There was some rioting in Mograhat.

15. Galaxy

KS likes this.
  16. SHURIDH

very unforunate.but i think the riot stopped immidately and hope that no human life lost.police should take strict steps against who are rioting.i read anandabajar patrika regularly but never read something like that.

17. SHURIDH

18. Ray

My maid comes from that area and so whether it is a Hindu site or not, the fact still remains that it has happened!

Houses have been burnt.

19. Galaxy

Well, EjazR always starts many threads from 2Circle which is a Muslim based site which is full of BS news/article. Go and check! I have seen many others doing the same. Indeed, I never started a thread or posted anything from any Hindu religious based site till date even when I have long list!!

Indeed, I should follows others. One should preach what one practice!!

or should I start posting without Link like you do ??

I am perplexed and confused!! :confused:

20. Ray

[​IMG]

DIAMOND HARBOUR, 2 DEC: The situation in Nainan Mallikpara where two persons were killed and 40 injured in mob violence and police firing yesterday remained tense but under control today, police said.
    The condition of one of the injured persons identified as Mr Khokan Mondal was described as critical at Chittaranjan Hospital in Kolkata. The Rapid Action Force, deployed after the violence, was being withdrawn from the area near the Mograhat police station in South 24-Parganas district. However, police patrolling was on, an officer said.

http://202.144.14.20/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=391969&catid=42&Itemid=53

maomao likes this.
  21. SHURIDH

i question about credibility of site and how they don't give neutral view.
    I hope the rioters have been arrested and the situation is peaceful now