West Bengal governor ignores China's 'advice', attends Dalai Lama meet

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
West Bengal governor ignores China's 'advice', attends Dalai Lama meet

KOLKATA: In a rebuff to China, West Bengal governor MK Narayanan attended a lecture on Mother Teresa by Dalai Lama ignoring an advice from the Chinese cosulate in Kolkata.

According to reports, the Chinese consulate had advised chief minister Mamata Banerjee and Governor MK Narayanan to stay away from the fucntion Tibet's exiled spiritual leader.

Narayanan, however, refused to comment on the issue when asked by the reporters.

TMC MP Derek O'Brien, who attended the function, said chief minister Mamata Banerjee would definitely have been present at the function if the condition of her mother was not serious.

He said the event was a solemn occasion.

Speaking to reporters at the venue, Dalai Lama said he was not surprised to hear about the china note asking West Bengal governor and chief minister not to attend the meet.

The Tibetan leader said the matter should not be "politicised".

"I am no longer a political leader. I don't like this visit to be politicised," he said adding he had faced similar opposition from China before as well.

West Bengal governor ignores China's 'advice', attends Dalai Lama meet - Times Of India
Quite a contrast from the Centres approach to Chinese 'advice'.

The Chief Minister's mother has been admitted to the ICU and is critical!

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
When one hears West Bengal and China in the same sentence, what springs immediately to mind is the commie regime of 1962, which was celebrating the Chinese invasion, and was hoping that the Chinese come all the way in and establish a "people's republic" in India. :lol:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Mamata di should give a trademark verbal volly against the stupid Chinis :sad:

I like this guy Narayanan and his retorts,

Asked about the Chinese consulate's letter, Narayanan retorted, "What do you expect me to do about it? If they have written , they have written."
Earlier one being the retort to Manmohan Singh.

Last edited:

agentperry

goodjob. the chinese have no right to issue warnings or advisory to our bureaucrats

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
At least someone has shown two fingers to silly threats by the Chinese!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles