Were Indians ashamed before Mr. Modi became Indian leader?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by SANITY, May 19, 2015.

?

Were you ashamed of being Indian before India got Mr. Modi as P.M.?

This poll will close on Jan 19, 2022 at 8:31 PM.
  1. Yes

34.8%
  2. No

65.2%
  1. SANITY

SANITY Regular Member

Were you ashamed of being Indian and insulted abroad and by foreigners until Mr. Modi became PM and now feel more proud and respected abroad?

---------
    Opinions on Mr Modi's comments of being insulted by Indian identity in his predecessors leadership.

3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

No, I was not ashamed to be an Indian since it is my birthright.

I was ashamed to see such a moribund, rudderless, scam ridden, corrupt India.

4. SANITY

SANITY Regular Member

5. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

Actually, the OP's post was a manipulation of what Modi said.

Modi didn't mean that the NRIs were ashamed of being Indians but they were ashamed of the image of India that were projected internationally - be it poverty or casteism or corruption. The image that India is a poor third-world country and all the NRIs have fled India because the country is doomed - has seen quite a good deal improvement since the current regime has come into power, and what India has been for quite a while, has been thrust into the face of the westerners - a rising global power. Modi assumed and assured NRIs that the days of negative publicity of India is over and world will know India as the powerhouse it is.

6. jus

jus Senior Member Senior Member

Yup I'm, to some extent

just imagine if any one asked you how on earth India called as Democratic country where 'one fuc** family ruled directly/indirectly for 60/67 yrs after Independence"

For some intellectuals : Even North korea conduct elections
    :lol:

7. SANITY

SANITY Regular Member

Over 1 lakh tweets on hashtag ModiInsultsIndia. It appears not many understand what our PM says and means.

Has poverty, casteism and corruption ended or is it atleast reduced greatly? Is poverty , corruption atleast going down?

Were previous government promoting corruption, casteism etc and did nothing till he became PM?

So India was not rising before he became PM and it's all or atleast mostly his work that India is where it is for all the good things India is/was known for?

There is clear hypocricy in my PM's comment. Unwanted, Uneeded.

8. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Corruption at Ministerial level has surely been conspicuous by its absence.

What would you call the galloping, unchecked rate of Scams of the previous Govt? Promoting or curbing?

People are no longer scared of raising issues that are ruining the nation with its populism.

sasum and jackprince like this.
  9. SANITY

SANITY Regular Member

Well they certainly were no dictators no matter how competent/incompetent they were. How they have formed government, what partiy's contribution is in India's growth, position/status in the world is well known. The leaders who laid foundation of democratic India.

The same democratic system followed by PM to reach the place he is in, not through some kind of revolution in an oppressed India fighting for common man's right. All the corruption, scams they blame other parties for despite themselves being involved in it too.

He was chosen to speak for people but it seems as if he thinks he speaks on behalf of people of India and whatever he speaks/thinks is also what India thinks/wants. Those who don't agree are not Indians or immature.

In terms of common sense, he is to be put at bottom among all Indian Prime Ministers( no offence to Modi Bhakts). I will have AB Vajpayee the PM of country a hundred times but not twice to Modi. Shame there is no other Vajpayee in India.

10. Rowdy

Rowdy Co ja kurwa czytam! Senior Member

A twist to the actual quote and context spinning...
    typical Adarsh Liberal.

Ancient Indian and alphacentury like this.
  11. SANITY

SANITY Regular Member

Yes, any view different from you is liberal, sickular which makes you genuine nationalist. Isn't it?

PM Modi says
    Explain the message in his words.

12. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Equal Equal theory in another thread!!

We are yet to see coal, spectrum and CWG scams from Modi govt. Heck, there are no scams even in his 15 year rule as CM.

parijataka and archie like this.
  13. jackprince

Modi received over 33 crores votes. But then it means almost 70 crores did not vote for him. Now, of this 70 crores, there is a good percentage of educated people who plain and simple hate him passionately. The 1 lakh is a measly percentage of 70 crores.

What do you think Modi's got a magic wand or such? Greatly is a perception. But, corruption has indeed gone down. Reducing and eradicating poverty is not a one day or one year or one decades work, but a continous process where the goal needs to be understood properly and blueprint needs to be made whereby jobs are created, and useless waste of resources like MNREGA brought under tight leash and diverted to more useful purposes. It is continuous process which have been started with land acquisition bills and alike. Unlike measly sops given by previous Govts. this regime is more interested in creating jobs. Also, have you forgotten Jandhan Yojna or the insurance schemes which has a long term benefit for the poorer section of the country.

The initiatives have been started despite hindrances by the oppositions. But it takes time to take shape. Particularly, undoing misrules of more than half-a-century, it will take more time. But the signs of changes are evident to those who actually wishes to see.

Actually, they have been. I doubt India has ever seen the extent of corruption as seen in the decade before 2014. If you have not noticed, may like to acquaint yourself with something that is called news media.

What do you think Modi's got a magic wand or such? Greatly is a perception. But, corruption has indeed gone down. Reducing and eradicating poverty is not a one day or one year or one decades work, but a continous process where the goal needs to be understood properly and blueprint needs to be made whereby jobs are created, and useless waste of resources like MNREGA brought under tight leash and diverted to more useful purposes. It is continuous process which have been started with land acquisition bills and alike. Unlike measly sops given by previous Govts. this regime is more interested in creating jobs. Also, have you forgotten Jandhan Yojna or the insurance schemes which has a long term benefit for the poorer section of the country.

The initiatives have been started despite hindrances by the oppositions. But it takes time to take shape. Particularly, undoing misrules of more than half-a-century, it will take more time. But the signs of changes are evident to those who actually wishes to see.

Actually, they have been. I doubt India has ever seen the extent of corruption

No, India has been rising despite the misrule because of its people. However, the benefit of the rise were spread unevenly where poorer section of the society was only getting dribbles. However, Modi has promised the change in this uneven spread of prosperity and include the poor in the rise too. So, I want to keep faith in him for at least another 4 years - for the duration of his terms. He couldn't be worse than what we had in 2 terms of UPA, so why not give him a chance?

But, Modi brought one thing to India. It is more recognition globally by his strong diplomacy where instead of a pussycat like he rolls in with aplomb and drilled into the mind of the world community that India is no one's vassal, almost like what Ms.Indira Gandhi did almost 4 decades ago.

The world community has forgotten that India stands proudly equal to others in last decade when MMS was there. Modi reminded them, but did it in more class and confidence than anybody thought would be possible.

There was not hypocrisy but what he believed and we noticed in everyday. Why do you think those people from all over came and clicked away images of poverty instead of Taj? It is the image of India globally which has been spread in past decades. Which became a symbol of India and that do make NRIs uneasy.

14. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

It just means India was punching well below its weight. All the world news were- corruption in India, rapes in India etc. India even got lectured on Mangalyan.

But now perception is changing. It has not changed yet completely, but by the time he ends his tenure it will. The 5th largest economy should act like one.

Ancient Indian and Rowdy like this.
  15. alphacentury

alphacentury Regular Member

Rowdy likes this.
  16. jackprince

Democracy us party ki baap ki den hai kya?

Democracy what people of India chose, and it was evident when the would-be dictator Indira Gandhi was taught a lesson. Even an emergency, ruthless oppression couldn't keep her in power.

Who were those leaders that laid foundation of Democratic India? Were those exclusively from Congress party?

Btw, read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_National_Congress#1966-84

particularly this part :
    Now, is this Congress party the same one which fought for liberation of India?

As I read I hardly find it to be same. The action of Election Commission to declare a party to be 'authentic' and another 'not authentic' when she was the PM and was elected prior to being authentic, what does that tell you? It tells me some arm twisting was done and the babu at the top of election commission was bent. Everyone knows what election commission was before TN Sheshan came and media got stronger.

Btw, you wouldn't have AVB as PM once as you wouldn't vote for him ever. Your this comment (how they have formed government, what partiy's contribution is in India's growth, position/status in the world is well known. The leaders who laid foundation of democratic India.) makes it clearer than day-light which way your loyalty lies - to the fake Gandhis and to fake-Indian National congress.

Learn your history before you pass such gases here. In this forum people don't fall for tricks and twists of words you manage to do in your 'mohollas'.

17. SANITY

SANITY Regular Member

Isn't the BJP in government? What prevents them from disclosing all the frauds, scams by previous governments and putting them behind bars.

I don't have anything against BJP or Modi specifically but he exaggerates often, doesn't give credits to opposition for any good work. He is just like previous ones and nothing too miraculous/extraordinary about him though I like his determined attitude.

18. SANITY

SANITY Regular Member

It is surprising that you and other Modi fans have only good to speak of Modi and only criticism or disgust for opposition as if he does nothing wrong and they do nothing right. I have alot to counter your partial facts arguments but that will take thread very long and I have to prepare for my CS papers. For now, I leave this discussion and declare you winner.:india2:

19. jackprince

1. Don't start something when you cannot finish it.

2. I don't come this forum to 'win' an argument with some faceless people. And, a certificate from you for 'winning' means least to my priorities regarding this forum.

3. Had you had the patience to follow the threads and discussions, you would have found that these so-called bhakts in this forum always call out mistakes made by Modi. But if Modi's mistakes are molehills to the Himalayas of blunders of his opponents, it is natural Modi's mistakes are relatively ignored.

But then facts and logic always eluded Congi-lovers, how else they slobber on the feet of a foreigner and her brood just because they carry a fraud name 'Gandhi' suffixed to them?

20. SANITY

SANITY Regular Member

I am sure it is all BJP'S sacrifice.

The party gets benefit from the name of Gandhi, I did not say whether they are patriotic.

That is your opinion and can be said for you as well since you can't hear anything critical of Modi but it is no benefit to argue online with Modi fans. Regarding mylove for fake gandhi, yes, I love Gandhi, just one Gandhi, the true Gandhi, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi born in the same state where the PM comes from. Got no great love or hate for other Gandhis or Modis. Btw, your BJP has one or two Gandhis as well. No? Good night.

21. jus

jus Senior Member Senior Member

Who created this narrative 'INDIA is Rape Capital',culture is 'Rape culture',Women are publicly Raped (these are the notion created in SM) etc etc the answer is 'CONGRESS', to hide their incompetency&corruption of 10yr misrule.So that Every women feels she is victim and every men feels he is rapist.And forget Corruption&misrule

One small law&order problem 'Dehi Rape' became talk of the world,if Congress want to they can easily stop this propaganda but NO,they added fuel to it.

But why

To demoralize Hindu culture.... aka RSS/BJP

Note: They allowed/cleared 'Daughter of India' to film in jail so on

This is why I hate Congress and ashamed of govt,which voted by Indians.So I ashamed as an Indian before 2014