'We were asked to kill jailed CWG officials', say undertrials

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by S.A.T.A, Dec 21, 2010.

  1. S.A.T.A

    S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2009
    Messages:
    1,804
    Likes Received:
    453
    'We were asked to kill jailed CWG officials', say undertrials

    NEW DELHI: A Delhi Court today took serious note of the sensational claim by two undertrials that they were provided with a pistol and a knife allegedly by Tihar jail officials to kill two Commonwealth Games officials lodged in the high security prison on corruption charges.

    Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Vinod Yadav sought a detailed report on December 24 from the Station House Officer of Hari Nagar police station on various allegations including that the Tihar jail officials provided them a country-made pistol and a knife to eliminate two of the three CWG officials who are in judicial custody.

    The application filed by Nishant and Amit, who are facing trial on murder charges, have not mentioned the names of the CWG officials.

    A knife was recovered from their barrack. "Let a report from SHO Hari Nagar police station be called for December 24," the CMM said.

    In their application submitted before the court, the undertrials have said that they were shifted from the ordinary cell to high security ward where the controversial CWG officials are kept in judicial custody.

    The undertrials have filed two applications which were signed jointly by both of them.

    The undertrials also claimed that they were also given a countrymade pistol to kill the CWG officials but this was taken back by the jail authorities.

    The duo have also alleged that Amit was transferred from jail number four to the high risk ward of jail number five and he (Amit) was threatened as well.

    Three former top Organising Committee officials T S Darbari, M Jayachandran and Sanjay Mahendroo are presently in judicial custody in Tihar jail.

    Darbari and Mahendroo were arrested on November 15. Jaychandran is in custody since November 21. All of them are facing corruption charges.

    Darbari and Jayachandran are facing charges of causing losses to the state exchquer in award of contract to the tune of Rs 1.55 crore with regard to Queen's Baton Relay (QBR) in London in November last year before the mega sporting event.

    All the former officials are accused of causing wrongful losses in the award of contract to M/s AM car and Van Hire Limited for various functions relating to the conduct of the QBR.

    The case against them has been registered under different Sections of IPC and Prevention of Corruption Act.
     
  2.  
  3. S.A.T.A

    S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2009
    Messages:
    1,804
    Likes Received:
    453
    Somebody is keen to off load uncomfortable baggage eh
     
  4. SHASH2K2

    SHASH2K2 New Member

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
    Messages:
    5,711
    Likes Received:
    723
    Location:
    Bihar, BanGalore , India
    Was it a ploy to clear charges against Mr suresh Kalmadi ? no witness and hence no case.Dunno how many leaders or power brokers are involved in CWG scams.
     
  5. rcscwc

    rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2010
    Messages:
    280
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Delhi
    Can someone recall 60 lakh scam decades ago? Rustum Sohrab Nagarwala was dead the day after he promised to reveal all.
     
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  6. Yusuf

    Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2009
    Messages:
    24,274
    Likes Received:
    11,283
    Location:
    BANGalore
    Looks like kalmadi haters in the congress have set this up to put him in even more trouble. That he has no friends now is all too apparent. Neither the PM not G has anything to do with him these days.
     
  7. SHASH2K2

    SHASH2K2 New Member

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
    Messages:
    5,711
    Likes Received:
    723
    Location:
    Bihar, BanGalore , India


    NEW DELHI: It is double whammy for Suresh Kalamdi. As the once redoubtable sports czar deals with the probe by the investigating agencies into his alleged role in the mega corruption in the hosting of Commonwealth Games scam, he also seems to be having to cope with a blackmail threat.

    The CBI sleuths who raided Kalmadi's premises chanced upon a letter at his Delhi bungalow demanding Rs 4 crore in exchange for a "compact disc" containing allegedly damning information on him. The sender of the letter threatened to make public the CD if he was not paid the money.

    Significantly, Kalmadi never reported the matter to police. Even on Friday, he parried questions by CBI officials on the blackmail threat.

    CBI sources told TOI that the raiding party had found a badly damaged CD which, it is suspected, was sought to be broken into pieces. The agency was trying to put the pieces together.

    With Kalmadi being coy about the letter, CBI is taking the letter "at its face value", and is trying to verify the content of the unsigned letter. The CBI had on Friday raided Kalmadi's residences and offices in Delhi, Mumbai and Pune, two months after the sporting extravaganza leaving a trail of allegations of financial irregularities in awarding of some contracts.

    CBI sources had said key files containing information on tendering, budgetary allocation and contract details are missing from the OC office.

    Although Kalmadi has denied the charge of destruction of evidence, claiming that the files the agency was looking for could be either with the Enforcement Directorate or the Comptroller and Auditor General, that has not cleared CBI's suspicions about that crucial files have been made to disappear.

    Given this, agency officials found it puzzling that the blackmail letter was lying there to be found. Kalmadi could not be contacted despite several attempts. His trusted aide, Lalit Bhanot, however, denied any knowledge of the letter. "He never told me about it,'' said the Secretary General of the Organising Committee of the Commonwealth Games.

    The agency has so far filed three FIRs in connection with the alleged irregularities in CWG and searched the residences of OC director-general V K Verma and secretary-general Lalit Bhanot on November 30. While one case relates to a Rs 107-crore deal struck with a Swiss score-keeping firm, the agency had registered two other FIRs in connection with the contract given to AM Films for the Queen's Baton Relay ceremonies in London.

    The CBI had arrested the joint director-general of OC, T S Darbari, deputy director-general Sanjay Mohindroo and former treasurer Jeyachandran for their alleged complicity in the deals.

    Read more: CWG scam: On Kalmadi swoop, CBI unearths blackmail note - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...il-note/articleshow/7164818.cms#ixzz199qgaLOK
     
  8. Vyom

    Vyom Seeker Elite Member

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2009
    Messages:
    1,041
    Likes Received:
    328
    If this be true, then the court can decide that the two accused are also prime witnesses. In other words, they must be aware of all dirty characters in the story and also provide hints to nail them.

    But alas, nothing is going to happen. Kalmadi is sleeping tight, and so are the other players who are perfectly capable of fooling people and the justice system. All they do, is to present a picture that things are moving in the right direction, while in reality, they are busy entangling the matter to the extent that the case remains in limbo forever.
     

Share This Page