We don't want Pakistan to disintegrate: India

Country flag
We don't want Pakistan to disintegrate: India - Rediff.com India News

David Headley [ Images ] has only allayed our worst fears and whatever is being said at Chicago only confirms our suspicion," commented an official who is accompanying Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh [ Images ] to Addis Ababa.

"We had always maintained that terror outfits have been working closely with the Inter-Services Intelligence and the David Headley testimony only clarifies our stand. There has been a sustained hate campaign against India [ Images ] in Pakistan, and this testimony will give Pakistan a lot to answer. Rest assured, this time it is serious and cannot be brushed under the carpet," the official added.

"We have been closely assessing the Headley issue and have taken note of it. Pakistan needs to come clean this time. They have to be answerable this time around since many names have come out this time," he said.

"The talks with Pakistan are on two different aspects. We want to be good neighbours. But Pakistan should be serious about combating terrorism emerging out of its soil. Pakistan needs to realise that hate campaigns against India is not helping it," he said.

"The situation in Pakistan is very fragile and their stability is at stake. India really hopes that wisdom prevails, and they wake up to the harsh reality. It would be necessary for them to act in their own interest as well, and despite umpteen reminders the Pakistan continues to be used for launching attacks," he said.

"These issues will be taken up when the next round of talks with Pakistan," the official pointed out.

"Despite all our differences, we don't want Pakistan to disintegrate. We wish that Pakistan gets its act together and focuses on development. India really wishes that Pakistan becomes stable, since it is in the interest of the overall stability in the region," he added.

On the ongoing 26/11 trial in Pakistan, the official said that India is putting pressure on Pakistan on this aspect.

"Their investigation is incomplete and going at an extremely slow pace. It looks as though it will take years to complete. The purpose of justice should not be defeated," the official said.

On India's most wanted error list, the official was noncommittal in his reply, but said, "We have sent many lists and we hope that Pakistan takes them seriously."

He said that during the forthcoming talks with the United States scheduled for July, all bilateral issues concerning US and India will be discussed. "Issues pertaining to our neighbours will also be taken up," he added.

The Kritika Biswas issue, said that India would surely take up the issue.

"We had expressed our anguish when she was arrested. We find it intriguing that she was arrested on the basis of a mere complaint. Moreover, the student who confessed to the crime was just asked to join another school," he said.

"Why was there no real action taken against the actual culprit? It is extremely disturbing when an India is treated poorly. These are nothing but double standards," the official said.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I hope the statement is just for on record bytes. Yes we do want a break up of Pakistan. Our old war doctrine too called for cutting Pak into two.

Blackwater

we dont want to disintegrate pakistan but we want to disintegrate Baluchistan from pak land.:confused::confused::confused::becky::becky:

pankaj nema

Country flag
No country disintegrates on the wishes of others .

If Pakistanis want to stay together nobody can separate them .

India only wants Pakistan to become a NORMAL state

All the Pakistani obsessions such as annexing Kashmir , ruling Afghanistan , bleeding India through a 1000 cuts ; all this BS has to end .

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Right now we are caught between the devil and the deep sea.
It would please me if India got along with all its neighbours, because its good for Indian economy.

Sikh_warrior

Professional
i want pakistan to be broken up into 4 small independent/dependent states minus the nukes.

1. Independent state of Balochistan.
2. Independent state of Pakhtoonistan (areas of both afghanistan and pakistan)
3. Independent state of Punjab (under nawaz sharif)
4. Independent state of Sindh (under zardari/bhutto clan)

the last two countries could be a part of Economic Federation Of India, for their commerical and economical lifelines. they can have their own independent army/police for their own internal problems.

with india only commerical and economical ties and dependency!

Iamanidiot

Paaji the bious are going down the drain faster than you think,all the weapons did not give the USSR any edge say wrt to US so is the same with Pakistan,to add to that they are one of a bunch of morons who have known history of cannibalizing themselves

Iamanidiot

i want pakistan to be broken up into 4 small independent/dependent states minus the nukes.

the last two countries could be a part of Economic Federation Of India, for their commerical and economical lifelines. they can have their own independent army/police for their own internal problems.

with india only commerical and economical ties and dependency!
Sir just seal their borders ensure a blockade no food stuffs going in or coming out and let the warlordim come into play .You are effectively killing them more efficiently than using a bunch of nukes

Iamanidiot

When dealing with Pakistan you have to think about an effective cure once and for all not periods of remission with the problem sprucing up again and again

Sikh_warrior

Professional
when pakistan breaks up, India needs to assure that its borders are sealed and no refugees try to flee into india, like east pakistanis did prior to the creation of Bangladesh!

we need to make sure we dont have to repeat the saga of 1971 and invade pakistan.

we should re-start pak bench of RAW, support and supply Balochis, make Karachi more volatile and have some beer and sausages and watch the fire works across the fence.

Pakistan has reached the point of no return.

Iamanidiot

Sir ,None of my countrymen on the western borders Punjs,Haryanavis,Rajasthanis and gujjus are willing to tolerate the refugees

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Yes, Pakistan should be disintegrated and should be restricted to Punjab region only. After all this is the real Pakisan we are fighting and will be fighting, no matter Pakistan stays intact or disintegrates.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I don't think we can have better relations with Pakistan, Kutte Ki Poonchh ko pipe main daloge to bhi seedhi nahin hogi (You cant straighten dog's tail by putting in a hose pipe).They need a severe defeat from India in every region of their country to end their warmonger nature, as they are not focused at their core problems. In order to have better relations with India they need to stop to support terrorism which i don't think they can, as they are fighting for their Religion. Poor education standards are their core problem i guess.

It's a clear indication that next Indo-Pak war could result into disintegration of Pakistan, i hope it may be a sarcastic comment from MM Singh. :p

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Sir just seal their borders ensure a blockade no food stuffs going in or coming out and let the warlordim come into play .You are effectively killing them more efficiently than using a bunch of nukes
HeHe .. thats the way. Achtung !! Germans did this to Russians in Leningrad, the starvation part.

Last edited:

debasree

Country flag
the pace things r going pakistan will be disintigrate before 2020

anoop_mig25

Country flag
in the event of breakup of pakistan nuclear bomb would fall in hands of terrorsit and i donot think india would like to face such scearino.but i would like to have sindhi within india while free independent state (of course friendly)Balochistan.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Don't want within India. No part of Pakistan is forward compatible to India now.
Having an ally/friendly neighbor should do well, some place which isn't a headache. Like Nepal or Bhutan.
But no more admissions.

Regards,
Virendra

Sikh_warrior

Professional
2020?

i have given 5 years, the way they are speeding towards the breakup!

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador

Agreed with this. But don't forget, that PoK should also be reunited with Jammu and Kashmir.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles