Was there local support for invaders?

Zulfiqar Khan

They never promoted Zoroastrianism. If they were aggressive in promoting religion, Sumerian religion, Greek Religion and Judaism would be extinct. Same time NWFP and Balochistan were inhabited by Indo-Aryan speakers. Baloch and Pashtun people are recent migrants there. Baloch came from Kurdistan area and Pashtuns expanded with Ghazni raids displacing Dardic people. I dont deny perhaps some Zoroastrians were there, but it was never widespread. Alexander did not find Zoroastrianism in India.
Much of Modern day Pakistan wasn't really even considered India...

Greeks had different names for regions - Gedrosia and Arachosia were Zoroastrian.
Gedrosia made up today's Balochistan while Arachosia made up KPK, North Pakistan and parts of Afghanistan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gedrosia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arachosia

Zulfiqar Khan

@Zulfiqar Khan I know this is off-topic but can you comment on the relationship between Pashtuns and other tribes like Jatts in Pakistan? Do they both look down on each other or do they get along?
Well; relationship depends on the individual not your ethnicity. They got along fine and are close in terms of contributions to the military. Recently in Pakistan there has been large-scale cultural exchange; there are inter-ethnic marriages, cultural adoptions and borrowing. If this continues; maybe in the next several generations - the ethnic lines will begin to fade away.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Well; relationship depends on the individual not your ethnicity. They got along fine and are close in terms of contributions to the military. Recently in Pakistan there has been large-scale cultural exchange; there are inter-ethnic marriages, cultural adoptions and borrowing. If this continues; maybe in the next several generations - the ethnic lines will begin to fade away.
I don't think ethnno-linguistic lines will ever fade away. I think that either they stay separate or one culture will consume another with parts of the consumed culture incorporated by the dominant culture.

Zulfiqar Khan

You believe Islam is fulfilling in complete sense?
I never met any Islam spiritual guy in my life.

What can it offer to me in spiritual-wise?
Only thing I noticed is instant justice and immediate resolving of matters.
Where does the spiritual aspect fit into it?

I am not insulting anything here. We never had discussion on this topic before. I really want to know this side of Islam that caters to Spiritual aspirants.
It depends on what you consider spiritual.

In my opinion everything about Islam is spiritual. The prayers, the recitations, the dhikr, The azan, everything...

It affects you a lot, emotionally. You feel very close to God and at many times - weeping is not uncommon. It's very hard to describe...

Recitation of the Quran

Dhikr (recitation of prayers)

Those are just some.

Zulfiqar Khan

I don't think ethnno-linguistic lines will ever fade away. I think that either they stay separate or one culture will consume another with parts of the consumed culture incorporated by the dominant culture.
Nowadays it's hard to tell apart from Sindhi, Pashtun, Kashmiri, Baloch and Punjabi other than language. Hundreds of languages are going extinct and cultures are merging. I think that only cultures that will remain separate will be isolates such as the Kalash culture. The Kalash People itself most likely numbered in the millions; but after you convert to Islam - you are no longer considered apart of the Kalash (according to their beliefs).

Last edited:

Zulfiqar Khan

1. Then what was considered India?
The region around Ganga?
Well, Greeks never reached that area. So whatever that was beyond the Indus was named after the river itself (Indus).

Last edited:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Interesting, you wouldn't think so from the threads opened on PDF. Pathans and Jatts end up fighting and abusing each other and claiming superiority.

AnantS

Country flag
Now why the map? To tell You the extent of Indian Empires and what consisted
Their rule over the region of modern day Pakistan was loose, short and very brief - what are you trying to prove?
Plenty of such kingdoms existed in that area which had strong cultural and religious links with the mainland India. I know other than history about camel fcking religion, history in true form is hardly toaught in Pakistan, but one has to be big moron to believe area which now constitute dump called Pakistan had more strong links with Greek/Arabs / Aliens than Indian civilizations. Baruhis of Baloch are more closely related to Tamils than Greek or Camel fcking Arabs or self exploding Turks. Greeks had their own names for anything of prominence in INdian subcontinent. So mere mention of Greek names for Indiic things means nothing

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Nowadays it's hard to tell apart from Sindhi, Pashtun, Kashmiri, Baloch and Punjabi other than language. Hundreds of languages are going extinct and cultures are merging. I think that only cultures that will remain separate will be isolates such as the Kalash culture. The Kalash People itself most likely numbered in the millions; but after you convert to Islam - you are no longer considered apart of the Kalash (according to their beliefs).
That is what I just said, didn't you read? :shock:
I said one culture will consume another and in the process may incorporate some features from the consumed culture.

AnantS

Country flag
Well, Greeks never reached that area. So whatever that was beyond the Indus was named after the river itself (Indus).
But they did know about north Indian river system and we know because of indica

AnantS

Country flag
India (Brand/Values/Culture/kingdoms) name given to people living east side of the 'Indus' river and called them as Sindhus or Hindus in Persia.

Porki Punjabis and Sindhis are mostly ruled by Indian kingdoms and Baloch &Pakthoon by persian kingdoms.That is still shows in their languages.

Sindhis were/are Hindus and depending upon which part of sindh, they had cultural affinity with ranging from Gujrat(India) to Punjab (India). To understand more about it, just meet sindhis settled in Mumbai, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Haryana/Punjab.

Coming back to topic. Jatts of Sindh colluded with Qasim to defeat Raja Dahir. Why? Struggle for Power. Very Similar to case of Ambhi Kumar colluding with Alexander

India22

Much of Modern day Pakistan wasn't really even considered India...

Greeks had different names for regions - Gedrosia and Arachosia were Zoroastrian.
Gedrosia made up today's Balochistan while Arachosia made up KPK, North Pakistan and parts of Afghanistan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gedrosia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arachosia
Those are just Hellenized names. Arachosia was Gandhara roughly, Gedrosia too has some Indian name I think. Nevertheless extreme Balochistan perhaps was not part of India. But Makran surely was. See Andre Wink's book

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=bCVyhH5VDjAC&pg=PA132&lpg=PA132&dq=Andre+Wink+Al+Hind+border+Makran&source=bl&ots=Q-8LNrHRmb&sig=bJ8or7nmuRYt_Km1BmHfDyy0YCk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjJwZqQktvQAhWItY8KHRoGB54Q6AEIMzAK#v=onepage&q=Andre Wink Al Hind border Makran&f=false

AnantS

Country flag
Of-course ALL Sindhis and Punjabis are Hindus by culture even today.Once they get rid of the invaders terrorist religion they realize their REAL identity. :pound:

btw Traitors are always there in every community and religion for money/women/power but Hindu kings rises again and again after few defeats, made few compromises with Jihadi mogols also and later Sikhs,Maratha rise and so on.
I was talking about hindus from Sindh now living in India since 1947.

Sure every culture has. BUt you see the problem in Indian subcontinent is, people tend to be more loyal to their tribe/caste than a country/kingdom. This problem exists in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka etc

India22

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles