Was the Turkic rule responsible for the backwardness of Afghanistan and Pakistan

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by Dreamhunter, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter Regular Member

Afghanistan was for the longest time under direct Turkic rule and is today the least developed country in South Asia. Pakistan was ruled by Turkic rulers for a very long time starting in the 11th century and ending in the 19th century. Pakistan is one of the least developed countries in South Asia with one of the
    lowest literacy rates.
    On the other hand Sri Lanka is today the most developed country in South Asia and it was never under Turkic rule in the past. Huge parts of southern part of India are also some of the most developed regions in South Asia and these regions were either never under Turkic rule or only for a very short time under Turkic rule. For example Maharashtra has one of the highest GDP in South Asia and was only for a short period of time under Turkic rule. Kerala has the highest HDI in South Asia and was never under Turkic rule in the past. Gujarat and Tamil Nadu are some of the most developed regions in South Asia and both states were
    under Turkic rule for only a short period of time. On the other hand Bihar is the least developed region in India and was like Pakistan for many centuries under Turkic rule.
    Are these facts only coincidences or did the Turkic rule have a bad impact on the culture and development of some parts of South Asia

3. Dreamhunter

The result of the Arab and Turkic invasions of Afghanistan and Pakistan...

I am very grateful that Pulikesi of the Chalukya Dynasty repelled the Arab invasions in India
    in the 8th century and that Krishna Devaraya of the Vijayanagar Empire defeated the Turkic
    invaders in the 16th century or otherwise we would also have stupid clowns like those
    guys in our country.
    Hail to Pulikesi and his Tiger Warriors who put the Arabs on flight all the way back to
    Arabia.
    Hail to Krishna Devaraya and his Lion Warriors who put fear in the hearts of
    the Turks.
    :india:

Mad Indian likes this.
  4. I_PLAY_BAD

I_PLAY_BAD Regular Member

5. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

I_PLAY_BAD likes this.
  6. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

[​IMG]

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

7. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

YES.....................................

8. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

@Dreamhunter have deleted your last post as it is not relevant to the post. This will be an invitation to a troll fest.

Let us have a good debate on this topic.

9. Dreamhunter

What do you mean?
    It is a fact that Turkic invaders introduced the custom called Bacha Bazi in Afghanistan.
    I did not know that a moderator is allowed to delete facts.

Mad Indian likes this.