Was Hansie Cronje murdered ?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by ashdoc, Nov 18, 2011.

?

Was Hansie a great man ?

1. yes

66.7%
  2. no

33.3%
  1. ashdoc

ashdoc Senior Member Senior Member

i dont know if the issue was discussed at that time or not--but was Hansie murdered ??

After all ,he was leaking too many secrets of the matchfixing mafia in his confession ,and if the full extent of the matchfixing was revealed , the consequences for many powerful people would have been catastrophic . So was he murdered to keep his mouth shut permanently ??

Also do answer the poll as whether he was a great sportsman and personality or not . In South Africa , many ( especially of his Afrikanar community ) still idolise him . After all , he did show the moral character and guts to accept that he fixed matches at a time when many others preferred to not accept their involvement inspite of evidence .

I think he was great man who did a mistake--but at least had the morality to accept it .

read more--

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cricket/Was-Hansie-Cronje-murdered/articleshow/111101.cms

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2003/aug/03/cricket.features

http://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/Mafia-murdered-Hansie-Rice-20100908

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  3. mahesh

mahesh Regular Member

murdered or crash everything ended after his death. he wanted to get out of trouble , match fixers didn't wanted to be pointed.
    but the mystery remained .....

4. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

I really suspect foul play in death of Hansie cronje and Bob woolmer. I guess they were silenced to stop them from spilling the beans of match fixing. Too many powerful people are involved in this match fixing saga.

5. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Bob Woolmer, highly likely. Some of these Paki players would have strangled or smothered him to death.

But Cronje? Crashing an entire planeload to get one man? There are so many simpler, cheaper and foolproof ways to dispatch someone!! Somehow it doesn't seem to fit in...

6. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Nah, why crash a plane to kill? But you never know. But forensic science can easily catch all foul play if at all someone would think that a crashed plane will not give up any evidence of foul play.

CTs will never end. Bob Woolmer may have been murdered. Investigations did not say that. I dont think the investigators would have hushed up the case for Pakis.

7. Sabir

Sabir DFI TEAM Senior Member

As much I can remember he was the the lone passenger....two pilots got killed............And dirty people dont think of innocent life...

8. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

What an odd question for poll. Instead of asking was he murdered why is the question was he a great man?