Warship captain sacked after misguided order leads to death

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Have you guys heard the term "Trial by the Court". So let us call off finger pointing. Let the nation pay respect to our son who lost his life in line of duty.

Arunpillai

The captain has not being sacked but removed from command pending enquiry. Has the board of enquiry completed its investigation?? Preliminary reports did say it was a freak accident only..

Arunpillai

Btw, quite a resemblance to hollywood film "men of honor" starring Cuba Gooding jr and Robert DeNiro.. But tragic in this case.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
As of now only relieved of command:

Livefist: Indian Navy Frigate Captain Relieved Of Command

The Commanding Officer of the Indian Navy's frontline missile frigate INS Talwar has been relieved of command to make way for an investigation into the death of a young officer out at sea just before New Year. Captain Rahul Parmar, a veteran with the navy's work-up force, will stay off the ship and its command as a Board of Inquiry (BoI) looks into whether the death of Sub Lieutenant Vipin Kumar on December 29 was caused by negligence or unnecessary pressure.

Killswitch

Country flag
Looks like the navy has some work on drown proofing its sailors. I remember my training when it came to this, it was brutal.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Looks like the navy has some work on drown proofing its sailors. I remember my training when it came to this, it was brutal.
Please share your experience.

It might help!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles