War Animals.

bhramos

Country flag
German flying ace Baron Manfred von Richthofen (1892–1918) also known as The Red Baron with his dog Moritz, circa 1916.

bhramos

Country flag
U.S. Marine Corporal Virgil Burgess instructs his dog Prince during the Battle of Iwo Jima. The dog is tasked with delivering combat reports, between the "fox holes" on the island, 1945

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
German flying ace Baron Manfred von Richthofen (1892–1918) also known as The Red Baron with his dog Moritz, circa 1916.
The Red baron (Manfred von Richthofen) with his dog Moritz | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Moritz has taken a very sensible view of the world-war and of our enemies. When in the summer of 1916 he saw for the first time Russian natives—the train had stopped and Moritz was being taken for a walk—he chased the Russian crowd with loud barking. He has no great opinion of Frenchmen although he is, after all, a Belgian. Once, when I had settled in new quarters, I ordered the people to clean the house. When I came back in the evening nothing had been done. I got angry and asked the Frenchman to come and see me. When he opened the door Moritz greeted him rather brusquely. Immediately I understood why no cleaning had been done.

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
Zanjeer (Persian for 'metal chain') (7 January 1992 - 16 November 2000) was a Labrador Retriever who served as a detection dog with the Mumbai Police. Due to his impeccable service detecting many explosives and other weapons - in particular during the 1993 Mumbai bombings, he was honoured with a full state funeral

Zanjeer was trained at the Dog Training Centre of the Criminal Investigation Department at Shivaji Nagar in Pune, India. He joined the Mumbai Police Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad on 29 December 1992 and was handled by Ganesh Andale and V G Rajput

The name Zanjeer comes from the 1973 Hindi film Zanjeer but he was also called "Ginger" because of his coat colour. Not including his contributions during the 1993 attacks, Zanjeer helped to recover 11 military bombs, 57 country-made bombs, 175 petrol bombs, and 600 detonators

PIc from facebook

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles