Wanting to start up an enterprise in defence industry

india twentyone

Wanting to start up an enterprise in the defence industry

I want to start up a firm catering to the requirements of Indian defence sector. Although the uber-ambitious version of the plan includes more than just producing military/cyber hardwares and softwares but I am primarily focused on only this part right now.
Although I'm deeply fascinated by the technological and strategical stuffs of the military, I'm a noob in the actual workings and details of these of these things, though I have a very deep yearning to create something cutting edge to advance my country's national interests. So please give advices and help me to succeed in this project.

Last edited:

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
me too trying to start a small company

DingDong

Country flag
Re: Wanting to start up an enterprise in the defence industry

I want to start up a firm catering to the requirements of Indian defence sector. Although the uber-ambitious version of the plan includes more than just producing military/cyber hardwares and softwares but I am primarily focused on only this part right now.
Although I'm deeply fascinated by the technological and strategical stuffs of the military, I'm a noob in the actual workings and details of these of these things, though I have a very deep yearning to create something cutting edge to advance my country's national interests. So please give advices and help me to succeed in this project.
Where do you live in Patna? We can meet.

no smoking

Country flag
I think you should start up an enterprise in the civilian industry first.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

me too trying to start a small company
Where do you live in Patna? We can meet.
i can only hope to have skype conversation with all three of you even if individual i.e. one at a time

one aspect is the actual hardware and manufacturing -. i dont think i would be involved in that
the other aspects would be sourcing, marketing, lobbying - i have usa and israeli contact here and in usa
i will be willing to help all i can - gratis .

Kshatriya87

Country flag
That's a good question. No idea about it but if you find something out, let us know on this thread as well. There will definitely be a lot of licenses required. Initial funding via loans and proper permits. Also, you need to fall in eligible criteria of the defence products manufacturers in order to bid or quote for the relevant manufacturing goods. Make sure you look at those criteria and calculate whether you can make it there.

india twentyone

I think you should start up an enterprise in the civilian industry first.
I'm tending more towards the software and algorithmic components of the defence mechanism as well as developing hacking/cyberspace tools related to defence. Hopefully this would ease the processes of getting licenses etc as it won't be like the traditional defence hardware manufacturing.

Last edited:

DingDong

Country flag

I live near the NIT College, Ashok Rajpath. Are you interested in entrepreneurship too?
Yes I am. I am currently working on an idea (Large Scale Surveillance).

india twentyone

Okay, great! I would surely like to meet you sometime.

Btw I think the moderators of DFI should create a separate board for entrepreneurial discussions.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

Whatever IT support you need (cloud storage, smartphone integration, web app development, etc.) - just ping me. My startup will do it at almost-free rates.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
I'm tending more towards the software and algorithmic components of the defence mechanism as well as developing hacking/cyberspace tools related to defence. Hopefully this would ease the processes of getting licenses etc as it won't be like the traditional defence hardware manufacturing.
Not sure about your biz stuff, but given your skills, if you are interested in working for Indian intelligence community (counter-intelligence, basically), send me a PM. Its a desk-job in Delhi. If eligible, I can help you through the maze. You would be directly taking on Chinese.

Neil

Country flag

take your chance with what @TrueSpirit1 has said.. Government have easy time to trust and outsource work to people/firms that worked for government before.

it is either that..or start with local state agencies and then move to central.

DingDong

Country flag

Whatever IT support you need (cloud storage, smartphone integration, web app development, etc.) - just ping me. My startup will do it at almost-free rates.
Thanks a lot. I am already meeting few decision makers in Delhi. Will let you know about it. May be we can collaborate.

india twentyone

@TrueSpirit1 @Neil
Thanks for the suggestions. I agree with what you are saying. Intelligence community is a valuable and great place to put your time into. And it can also help with future entrepreneurial activities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles