Want to read something funny? Am I Indian or Australian? You decide!

Redhawk

Re: Want to read something funny? Am I Indian or Australian? You decid

I think its against forum rules to discuss about other forums.
@Redhawk I think the perception of pakistanis is that anybody being anti pak or pro India has to be an Indian. Whats funny for me is see so many Indians on that forum, its an anti India website and we are helping them.
If it is against forum rules to discuss other forums, then the mods can chop this thread. I will understand.

Actually, I was not anti-Pakistani when I joined PDF and went in with an open mind. But then I started being attacked when I said anything that was even slightly favourable to India. And there is a definite aggressive, expansionist, imperialist, we-will-dominate-the-world strain of thought among many Pak Moslems, which as a Westerner I really don't like.

I really kicked a hornet's nest when one macho militant Moslem keyboard warrior came out with the old juvenile boast that one Pakistani soldier, as a Moslem, was worth ten Indian soldiers, as Hindus, in a fight and I came out and said that the Pakistan Army surrendered unconditionally and laid down their arms to the Indian Army in the 1971 Indo-Pak War, which I pointed out shot the one-Moslem-to-ten-Hindus theory down in flames. Didn't that cause a furor! I was repeatedly abused and insulted. And I quickly came to the realisation that many of these people didn't like having their delusions and safe assumptions questioned or shown to be false.

And after that I was accused of being an Indian in Australian disguise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redhawk

To be well informed as also learn of contrarion views, one requires to visit fora that are not amenable to one's own viewpoint.

Yes, one should not mention other fora by name.
All right, Ray, if you want to delete this thread, I will understand. Or I can remove all specific references to the other pro-Pak forum. It is, of course, up to you.

ladder

Country flag

This is the staple diet that they are brought up with, from childhood. It is their in their textbooks.

No elected Government in Pakistan has even tried to address these issues, and then they claim that they are victims in the cycle of violence, that is their own creation.

One just needs to hear people like Najam Sethi , Hussain Nissar to get a correct perspective.
Najam Sethi has changed tune after he was made caretaker CM and then Pak cricket board President/Chairman. Now I think he is in some position with ICC.

Redhawk

Redhawk said:
Is demonising India as the perennial enemy only a ploy to justify military spending in Pakistan? With so much of the Pakistani budget allocated to military expenditure, it must be wide open to corruption. Is the Pakistani military elite creaming off money from the Pakistani military budget and using the Indian bogeyman to justify that budget, thereby allowing the Pakistani military elite to enrich themselves at the country's expense? Is the militarisation of Pakistan a diversion or a distraction from the pressing economic and social needs of the great bulk of the Pakistani populace?

You decide!
This is a post I put up on the other forum. Some parties didn't like this either.

sob

Mod
Country flag

Najam Sethi has changed tune after he was made caretaker CM and then Pak cricket board President/Chairman. Now I think he is in some position with ICC.
Najam Sethi is a fairly balanced person. Many of the things he says are not palatable/acceptable to us. His loyalty is to his country- but he is not blinded by it. Hear his assessment of the various Indo-Pak wars, treatment of the Bengalis and also his very high regard for the Indian electoral system.

See this video Pakistani Generals vs Indian Generals

Illusive

Country flag

If it is against forum rules to discuss other forums, then the mods can chop this thread. I will understand.

Actually, I was not anti-Pakistani when I joined PDF and went in with an open mind. But then I started being attacked when I said anything that was even slightly favourable to India. And there is a definite aggressive, expansionist, imperialist, we-will-dominate-the-world strain of thought among many Pak Moslems, which as a Westerner I really don't like.

I really kicked a hornet's nest when one macho militant Moslem keyboard warrior came out with the old juvenile boast that one Pakistani soldier, as a Moslem, was worth ten Indian soldiers, as Hindus, in a fight and I came out and said that the Pakistan Army surrendered unconditionally and laid down their arms to the Indian Army in the 1971 Indo-Pak War, which I pointed out shot the one-Moslem-to-ten-Hindus theory down in flames. Didn't that cause a furor! I was repeatedly abused and insulted. And I quickly came to the realisation that many of these people didn't like having their delusions and safe assumptions questioned or shown to be false.

And after that I was accused of being an Indian in Australian disguise.
Its muslims,not moslems. The view that Pak is muslim and India as Hindu is what they want to propogate, Indians be it hindus or muslims dont like pakistanis because they are trouble maker of the region. Let them live with their delusions, when people dont learn from mistakes, they are bound to fail.

ladder

Country flag

This is a post I put up on the other forum. Some parties didn't like this either.
Oh! the question you are asking have 90% overlap to what Indians ask or point to. No wonder you are labelled an Indian :rofl:

ladder

Country flag

Najam Sethi is a fairly balanced person. Many of the things he says are not palatable/acceptable to us. His loyalty is to his country- but he is not blinded by it. Hear his assessment of the various Indo-Pak wars, treatment of the Bengalis and also his very high regard for the Indian electoral system.

See this video Pakistani Generals vs Indian Generals

That is fairly old video. Watch his analysis of a recent event, after he was made CM. He even has stated that Pakistan has stopped supporting Kashmir Insurgency after 2002/03.

Redhawk

Its muslims,not moslems. The view that Pak is muslim and India as Hindu is what they want to propogate, Indians be it hindus or muslims dont like pakistanis because they are trouble maker of the region. Let them live with their delusions, when people dont learn from mistakes, they are bound to fail.
I prefer the older English spellings of Moslem, Mohammed, and Koran. That caused a stink too. They didn't like the way I spelt these words. I said, hard luck, I prefer to spell these words that way. These older spellings are not much used anymore, I admit, but they are still correct and acceptable in modern English usage and have been in use since the 19th century.

sob

Mod
Country flag

That is fairly old video. Watch his analysis of a recent event, after he was made CM. He even has stated that Pakistan has stopped supporting Kashmir Insurgency after 2002/03.
Well he was jailed in the late 90s for giving a very critical interview t BBC. Even today due to his views he is on the hit list of most of the militant organisations inPakistan. So much so that he has a studio in his house where all his programmes are recorded, due to the security threat.

Redhawk

Oh! the question you are asking have 90% overlap to what Indians ask or point to. No wonder you are labelled an Indian :rofl:
Yeah, it was a bit cheeky. But I came out with more later on that really rattled their cage.

Last edited:

Redhawk

This is Air Marshal (Ret'd) Asghar Khan of the PAF who makes some very good points.

thethinker

Country flag

One country has successfully developed space program and is achieving growth without any intent of territorial expansion.

The other country is stuck with the Islamic-Arab ancestry false bravado mindset and assumes that all it's failures can be traced to a global conspiracy by CIA/Mossad or local regional conspiracy by India's RAW. But it still believes in establishing Mughalistan or Islamic rule all over the first country.

So nothing surprising about why Pakis behave the way they do. Denials and deception is like food and water to them. Without those elements, they would have to face reality and who wants that in the land of pure! :thumb:

dastan

@Redhawk

If on a pakistani forum you should take few things for given like

1 moslem = 10 evil yindoss

India started and pakistani won all 5 wars

They are the descendants of super martial arab race

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Moslem, once the more widely used form, still has currency but has declined in favour of Muslim. The use of Muhammadan in reference to Islam or its adherents is rejected by Muslims themselves, as is Muhammadanism for Islam.

thethinker

Country flag

I prefer the older English spellings of Moslem, Mohammed, and Koran. That caused a stink too. They didn't like the way I spelt these words. I said, hard luck, I prefer to spell these words that way. These older spellings are not much used anymore, I admit, but they are still correct and acceptable in modern English usage and have been in use since the 19th century.
This is why it caused a stink :

History News Network | Why Do People Say Muslim Now Instead of Moslem?

According to the Center for Nonproliferation Studies,"Moslem and Muslim are basically two different spellings for the same word." But the seemingly arbitrary choice of spellings is a sensitive subject for many followers of Islam. Whereas for most English speakers, the two words are synonymous in meaning, the Arabic roots of the two words are very different. A Muslim in Arabic means"one who gives himself to God," and is by definition, someone who adheres to Islam. By contrast, a Moslem in Arabic means"one who is evil and unjust" when the word is pronounced, as it is in English, Mozlem with a z.

Redhawk

Moslem, once the more widely used form, still has currency but has declined in favour of Muslim. The use of Muhammadan in reference to Islam or its adherents is rejected by Muslims themselves, as is Muhammadanism for Islam.
Ray, you're a reasonable and knowledgeable fellow, I'll ask you: Is Moslem, Mohammed, and Koran acceptable or not? I will change the spelling if you say so. You be the judge!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Ray, you're a reasonable and knowledgeable fellow, I'll ask you: Is Moslem, Mohammed, and Koran acceptable or not? I will change the spelling if you say say. You be the judge!
I have used the word 'Moslem' many a time.

In my time, that was the spelling.

I think both are right.

In Calcutta, we had a formidable football team called the 'Mohammedan Sporting'. Sadly, recently, it folded up owing to lack of money.

Redhawk

I have used the word 'Moslem' many a time.

In my time, that was the spelling.

I think both are right.

In Calcutta, we had a formidable football team called the 'Mohammedan Sporting'. Sadly, recently, it folded up owing to lack of money.
Exactly. That is how the word was spelt in my time, too.

ladder

Country flag

Well he was jailed in the late 90s for giving a very critical interview t BBC. Even today due to his views he is on the hit list of most of the militant organisations inPakistan. So much so that he has a studio in his house where all his programmes are recorded, due to the security threat.
I don't contest any of those points you mentioned, but only his recent change of tune.

I would say what force couldn't achieve in the 90's, was achieved by providing the post of CM and post in PCB, ICC. Cleaver move by NS.

Reactions: sob

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles