Walt Disney bans import from Pakistan

Blackwater

Nope, its all business.

Countless outsourcing from Ondia us niw shifting to Philipines, mainly call centers and IT bizz.
Is me bezti nahi hai?
philli chinis looking can not compete with india. the only reason for few companies going there is phillis still cheaper than india as far as salary is concerned.

cheap labour u see but in ur case its baesti

Neo

philli chinis looking can not compete with india. the only reason for few companies going there is phillis still cheaper than india as far as salary is concerned.

cheap labour u see but in ur case its baesti
Cheap labour isn't the only reason, many companies have are shifting their call centeres because of terrible Indian accent.
Just google keywords callcenter, bad indian accent and see how many results you get. :lol:

Here's one for you, bezti indeed. :yes:

BT apologises over Indian call centre who couldn't understand customer's Brummie accent

By Daily Mail Reporter
11:04 22 Jan 2011

Phone giant BT has apologised to Viv Tomkins after they claimed Indian call centre staff could not understand her Birmingham accent.

Viv, 59, had expected a sympathetic response when she tried to sort out a BT vision bill and complained she could not understand what the employees said.

She told the Sun: 'I couldn't believe the cheek of it. I know I've got a Brummie twang but I speak the Queen's English.'

+2
Call centre: Viv Tomkins hung up in despair because she could not understand what the BT staff in India were saying
Viv, of Ladywood, Birmingham, was put through to India four times and claimed she had to hang up 'in despair' every time.

She said she was on the phone for 10 minutes at a time and constantly had to ask staff to repeat themselves.

Viv, a retired paramedic, added: I got so frustrated. I felt like throwing the phone out of the window.'

The final straw came when Charlene Conway, from BT's correspondence centre in Durham, sent a letter blaming HER accent for the problem.

She wrote: 'I am sorry that you have been unhappy with the advisers. I can certainly understand the difficulty in resolving your inquiries whenever the advisers you have been speaking to are having problems understanding you.'

BT said: We'd like to apologise. The letter was not intended to cause offence. We have contacted the customer to clarify.'

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Neo

More bezti? :lol:

Executives say the growth was not motivated by wage considerations. Filipino call center agents typically earn more than their Indian counterparts ($300 a month, rather than $250, at the entry level), but executives say they are worth the extra cost because American customers find them easier to understand than they do Indian agents, who speak British-style English and use unfamiliar idioms. Indians, for example, might say, "I will revert on the same," rather than, "I will follow up on that."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/26/b...-hub-of-call-centers.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Neo

So American labour is cheaper than Indian call centers or do I smell more bezti here? :lol:

Delta Air Returns Customer Call-Center Work to U.S. From India
By Mary Jane Credeur - April 17, 2009 18:00 EDT

April 18 (Bloomberg) -- Delta Air Lines Inc., the world's largest carrier, said it stopped routing customer service calls to India and brought them "back in house" in the U.S. because customers were unhappy.

Delta started shifting the calls to employees in the U.S. over the past year, and "completely removed" Indian contractors last quarter, Chief Executive Officer Richard Anderson said in his weekly recorded message to employees.

The move makes Delta the second big carrier to repatriate customer-service work from India in 2009, after UAL Corp.'s United Airlines did so in February. Companies including AT&T Inc. have taken similar steps, said Karl Keirstead, an outsourcing analyst at Kaufman Bros. LP in New York.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Spindrift

@Neo What you have quoted has to do with regular customer service in-bound and out-bound calls and the reason we have this problem is that the companies who take on these projects; they have a hire a whole bunch of people so that the calls get picked up (in order to maintain the service level agreement) and generally you get only a very few people who can speak proper English and hence the problem.

Now coming to core technical process the destination for outsourcing them is mainly India and Romania and the reason being that you get better technical talent with a reasonable command over the English language in India and Romania.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

Cheap labour isn't the only reason, many companies have are shifting their call centeres because of terrible Indian accent.
Just google keywords callcenter, bad indian accent and see how many results you get.

Here's one for you, bezti indeed. :yes:

BT apologises over Indian call centre who couldn't understand customer's Brummie accent

By Daily Mail Reporter
11:04 22 Jan 2011

Phone giant BT has apologised to Viv Tomkins after they claimed Indian call centre staff could not understand her Birmingham accent.

Viv, 59, had expected a sympathetic response when she tried to sort out a BT vision bill and complained she could not understand what the employees said.

She told the Sun: 'I couldn't believe the cheek of it. I know I've got a Brummie twang but I speak the Queen's English.'

+2
Call centre: Viv Tomkins hung up in despair because she could not understand what the BT staff in India were saying
Viv, of Ladywood, Birmingham, was put through to India four times and claimed she had to hang up 'in despair' every time.

She said she was on the phone for 10 minutes at a time and constantly had to ask staff to repeat themselves.

Viv, a retired paramedic, added: I got so frustrated. I felt like throwing the phone out of the window.'

The final straw came when Charlene Conway, from BT's correspondence centre in Durham, sent a letter blaming HER accent for the problem.

She wrote: 'I am sorry that you have been unhappy with the advisers. I can certainly understand the difficulty in resolving your inquiries whenever the advisers you have been speaking to are having problems understanding you.'

BT said: We'd like to apologise. The letter was not intended to cause offence. We have contacted the customer to clarify.'
britishers:lol::lol: they bloody can not understand their own language.

for them they still own pakistan

for them indian moon and mars mission is funded by them

for them they still own and run land rover:lol::lol::lol:

BTW what sort of call centre pakis has??? do they only cater alqaeda and taliban?
:lol:

do they speak in karachi english or mirpuri english?:lol::wave:

Blackwater

More bezti? :lol:

Executives say the growth was not motivated by wage considerations. Filipino call center agents typically earn more than their Indian counterparts ($300 a month, rather than $250, at the entry level), but executives say they are worth the extra cost because American customers find them easier to understand than they do Indian agents, who speak British-style English and use unfamiliar idioms. Indians, for example, might say, "I will revert on the same," rather than, "I will follow up on that."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/26/b...-hub-of-call-centers.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
So American labour is cheaper than Indian call centers or do I smell more bezti here? :lol:

Delta Air Returns Customer Call-Center Work to U.S. From India
By Mary Jane Credeur - April 17, 2009 18:00 EDT

April 18 (Bloomberg) -- Delta Air Lines Inc., the world's largest carrier, said it stopped routing customer service calls to India and brought them "back in house" in the U.S. because customers were unhappy.

Delta started shifting the calls to employees in the U.S. over the past year, and "completely removed" Indian contractors last quarter, Chief Executive Officer Richard Anderson said in his weekly recorded message to employees.

The move makes Delta the second big carrier to repatriate customer-service work from India in 2009, after UAL Corp.'s United Airlines did so in February. Companies including AT&T Inc. have taken similar steps, said Karl Keirstead, an outsourcing analyst at Kaufman Bros. LP in New York.

:
if few companies leave india does not matter our economy can swallow but for Pakistan a single company leave costing 200$$ million is big baezti.

a country who look for AID every time 200 million $$ is big bezti:wave::wave::wave::lol:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Of course, idiots think that Indian outsourcing is all about call centers, whereas call centers form a minuscule percentage of the overall outsourcing revenue. Well, what do Pakis like @Neo know? They are all about Jihad and bombings and all, how will they understand about international economics?

Neo

@Neo What you have quoted has to do with regular customer service in-bound and out-bound calls and the reason we have this problem is that the companies who take on these projects; they have a hire a whole bunch of people so that the calls get picked up (in order to maintain the service level agreement) and generally you get only a very few people who can speak proper English and hence the problem.

Now coming to core technical process the destination for outsourcing them is mainly India and Romania and the reason being that you get better technical talent with a reasonable command over the English language in India and Romania.
I know mate. I was just trying to reason wih these kids that ending a $200 mil contract is not "bezti" for Pakistan, its all business. You gain some you loose some, no big deal. It happens all over the world.

Btw, some big time loosers on my ignore list are getting desperate to get my attention by constantly mentioning or quoting me. :lol:
Have some pride and selfrespect and get a life idiot!

Blackwater

I know mate. I was just trying to reason wih these kids that ending a $200 mil contract is not "bezti" for Pakistan, its all business. You gain some you loose some, no big deal. It happens all over the world.

Btw, some big time loosers on my ignore list are getting desperate to get my attention by constantly mentioning or quoting me. :lol:
Have some pride and selfrespect and get a life idiot!
what have u gained so far??? best in terrorism:wave::wave:

Neo

what have u gained so far??? best in terrorism:wave::wave:
You need a atleast double digit IQ to see the gains in Pakistan made over past 67 years.
I am not even going to try to explain. :wave: :wave: :wave:

Blackwater

You need a atleast double digit IQ to see the gains in Pakistan made over past 67 years.
I am not even going to try to explain. :wave: :wave: :wave:
u r right world need 4 digit triple IQ to understand and to think wat gains paki made in the last 67 yrs except terrorism:wave::wave:

Neo

u r right world need 4 digit triple IQ to understand and to think wat gains paki made in the last 67 yrs except terrorism:wave::wave:
Don't worry about the world, she's not delusional nor blinded with hatred like India. :lol:

ladder

Country flag
Ohh really?

I guess EU has found bombs in your mangoes as well as EU has recently placed a ban on mango imports from India.
No such restrictions apply for other South Asian countries.

Or was it "fake" maal from China?
Oh really?

EU banned Indian mangoes for the same reason that USA banned Pakistan's, fruit fly contamination.

Start working towards irradiation otherwise Pakistani mangoes are inline for ban too.

Funny guy you are, while you are busy showing us the mirror, your traders are shivering.

You are suffering from 'Pakistan effect' right?

Enforcing standards: Mango exporters see EU ban on India as a lesson – The Express Tribune

Group to prevent ban on mango export - thenews.com.pk

And from last year,

UK's quarantine department destroying all shipments of Pakistani mangoes – The Express Tribune

Start working towards irradiation otherwise Pakistani mangoes are inline for ban too.
Mango consignment found infested with fruit fly - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

Four more cases of fruit fly infestation will EU ban on mango export from Pakistan.
Against this backdrop, the DPP has now decided that "no shipment from mango orchards of Sindh and Punjab will be allowed for export to UK and EU countries without hot water treatment with immediate effect irrespective of their origin (registered or unregistered orchards) till further orders."
@Neo, isn't it was what I exactly said?

Zamana hi kharab hai, free ka advice kisi ko ras nahi aata.

Neo

ladder

Country flag
Last Saturday got two boxes of fresh Pakistani mangoes from a local desi shop in Javastraat Amsterdam. Obviously there is no ban on exporters with hot water treatment plants.

I bought Pakistani mangoes.for the third consecutive weekend and hope to buy more next Saturday.
Show me where I had written or meant they are already banned?

You have got serious comprehension problem.

I have said they are staring at such a condition.

Four more cases of fruit fly infestation will EU ban on mango export from Pakistan.
After 4 more cases, hot water treated or not all Pakistani mangoes will be banned.

Even after Indian ban, if your exporters are idiot enough to export without water treatment. I can only advise you to enjoy the mangoes, till they last, or till they are available.

Adux

Country flag
So a box of mangos is what Pakistan has to show for after 67 years. Useless

Raj991

Walt Disney is not only textile company to ban Pakistan import. Just last week Canadian menswear label Kanati Co. ban all import from Pakistan and pull out operation claiming large profit loss, corruption in Pakistan, energy and transport problems. Released statement saying:

"We recognize when it is time to cut losses and move on. There are added benefits of a domestic manufacturing approach where we are able to control all of the variables, which we cannot do in Pakistan" said Liam Massaubi, co-founder of Kanati Clothing Company "We are a company that takes pride in providing quality service; we take appropriate action when our standards are compromised. By taking this step we will be able to maintain our standards and remain in a global market by engaging skills and abilities of a local workforce."

In fact, many company are finding they only lose money in Pakistan and have no protection from government or law enforcement. It is much like a land with no laws. No infrastructure and many dishonest business.

Caltex/Chevron also exit Pakistan. Citigroup Inc. (C), the third-biggest U.S. bank, could exit or pull back from businesses in 21 countries that are among its least-efficient markets as Chief Executive Officer Michael Corbat seeks to cut costs.

The countries produce less than 10 percent of New York- based Citigroup's revenue and have a "very low" return on assets of 0.4 percent, Corbat, 52, said today in a presentation.

"These results are unsustainable," Corbat said. "In these markets, if there is not a clear path to acceptable returns, we intend to significantly scale back or exit certain business lines."

Corbat is trimming spending as he takes over from former CEO Vikram Pandit, 56, who expanded operations in emerging markets before directors ousted him in October. More withdrawals would add to Corbat's decision to shutter some branches in the U.S. and Brazil and pull back from consumer operations in Uruguay, Paraguay, Turkey, Romania and Pakistan.

Everyone thinks Pakistan is unsustainable and too much of a risk with business.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
This would be a very effective way to force Pakistan to stop differentiating between good and bad terrorists and execute them all. Ban all imports from the country.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles