Wakf Land Scam, Huge Property Misuse and Encroachment Revealed

sob

Mod
Country flag
How do they come to these figures?..i mean the estimate of the scam.

Wakf property includes places like the Taj Mahal and Jamma Masjid in Delhi. As per the Sachhar Committee of 2006, the registered Wakfs have about 600,000 acres of land, with a book value of about Rs.6000 cr.
Lemontree a large part of the wakf land is in cities or very close to cities, so the figure of Rs. 6000 Crores for 6 Lakh acres of land , I will take with a big pinch of salt.

BTW this has been a big failure for the people of India that these assets if managed in a professional manner could have helped uplift the muslim community. But then politicians would loose an important vote bank.

lemontree

Professional
Lemontree a large part of the wakf land is in cities or very close to cities, so the figure of Rs. 6000 Crores for 6 Lakh acres of land , I will take with a big pinch of salt.

BTW this has been a big failure for the people of India that these assets if managed in a professional manner could have helped uplift the muslim community. But then politicians would loose an important vote bank.
You may be right, but a lot of land like mosques, daragahs or graveyards cannot be used for any commercial purpose. Nevertheless, the wakf has a lot of property that can be misused.

We have seen the same thing happen in the protestant church properties in Mumbai.

SHURIDH

Karnataka has 1/10th of total Wakf land in India. If Wakf Scam is Rs.2,00,000,00,00,000 here, imagine how big a scam this is all over India. Wakf is the land freely donated by Muslim rulers & individuals to Dargahs & Masjids. Poschim Bongo has the largest, UP the 2nd. The Defence budget of India for this year is Rs.1,93,407 crores. About 6,600 crores LESS than the alleged Wakf Scam sum in just one state.

Incredible India!! :sad:
my state has highest wakf land i don't know.there is allready going enquiry about misuse of money for minority development project.
but karnataka scam shocked me 2 lakh core.how many schools,college,university could be made by this money.
2 lakh core.so much money!!!

Tolaha

There was a time not long ago when a scam of a few crores would outrage the Nation. Nowadays, all our scams are in lakhs of crores. We have surely progressed now!!! :rolleyes:

anoop_mig25

Country flag
gov should acquire all wakaf properties and should use/convert those into educational institutes like ITI/IITS/NIT/MEDICAL COLLAGE dedicated only to minorties . thus a proper use of wakaf properties and solves problem of educational oppurtinues for minorties student .i donot think muslims would have any problem with it

sob

Mod
Country flag
You may be right, but a lot of land like mosques, daragahs or graveyards cannot be used for any commercial purpose. Nevertheless, the wakf has a lot of property that can be misused.

We have seen the same thing happen in the protestant church properties in Mumbai.
The Ambani building in Mumbai is on Wakf land, in Ludhiana a leading Textile Group has it's headquarters on Wakf Land. The list is endless and sadly it is the community which is not able to take advantage of these assets.

Tolaha

gov should acquire all wakaf properties and should use/convert those into educational institutes like ITI/IITS/NIT/MEDICAL COLLAGE dedicated only to minorties . thus a proper use of wakaf properties and solves problem of educational oppurtinues for minorties student .i donot think muslims would have any problem with it
That's an excellent idea! I'm pretty sure majority of the Muslims would love to see excess Waqf land utilized for educational institutions, medical centers or to the betterment of the community as a whole, instead of being sold off for commercial reasons or used to profit a few of the rich and powerful.

But you know, there are some things that may sound completely logical but sadly, will not really happen in our country!

anoop_mig25

Country flag
The Ambani building in Mumbai is on Wakf land, in Ludhiana a leading Textile Group has it's headquarters on Wakf Land. The list is endless and sadly it is the community which is not able to take advantage of these assets.
why did community when to court ?? should must have created hue and cry over it on this issue.

sehwag1830

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
How come the board have so much land with it ? While all the temple land has been confisticated by the govt and distributed to poor , why was not this land distributed to poor farmers.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
How come the board have so much land with it ? While all the temple land has been confisticated by the govt and distributed to poor , why was not this land distributed to poor farmers.
I support your view. All lands and other assets should be confiscated from all religious organisation. Stepping one step ahead, I should suggest all the gods and Allahs etc should be sent back to paradise which have been mentioned as their abode in all scriptures (acknowledging rising population in earth)

BTW , when exactly all the temple lands were confiscated? :taunt:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Selling Wakf Land for commercial purpose will give our homegrown mullahs a opportunity to creating trouble (owing to the backwardness of the community). Better, to create a seperate body to utilise these wakf land for welfare purpose.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles