Wakf Land Scam, Huge Property Misuse and Encroachment Revealed

Galaxy

Country flag
Wakf Land Scam, Huge Property Misuse and Encroachment Revealed

Monday, March 26th, 2012

A report by minority commission in Karnataka reveals colossal misuse of innumerable property and encroachment of Wakf land, that is actually state government. The report alleges involvement of as many as 38 people, including many former ministers, MLAs, Wakf officials, encroachers and middle men in the scam. Politicians named in the report include former Minister Qmrul Islam, Congress leader and former minister CM Ibrahim, MLA and former minister Roshan Baig, MLA NA Harris and many others.

With Anwar Mannipady presenting the report to the Chief Minister of Karnataka, Sadananda Gowda said that the right course of action will definitely be implemented. "There seems to be more of Avyavahar in the matter than the presence of Vyavahar," said the Chief Minister.

Huge malls, apartments, shops and houses are now found standing on these sites, which happesn to be property of Wakf Board. Anwar Manippady, Chairman of Minority Commission, prepared the report based on a complete study of misuse in one district. In the report that has been prepared, he has stated the value of properties being misused, encroached and used for illegal and fraudulent activities stands a worth of over 2 lakh crore.

"A similar scenario is found in every district of the state and it is very shocking to observe that out of the total estate value of Rupees Four Hundred and ten lakh crores worth of wakf properties, Rupees two lakh crores worth Wakf property is either encroached or sold by the Chairman and members of the successive Karnataka State Wakf Board from time to time and most of the big time political leaders belonging to the Minority Community are neck deep in the misuse of Wakf properties," explained Anwar Mannipady.

"This Pilot Study of Misuse /Encroachment/ Illegal and Fraudulent Activities of the Wakf Properties in Bidar has provided an insight in the maladministration of and mismanagement of more than 90% of the Wakf properties in collusion with the Wakf Land Mafia and a protective cover given by the influential, mighty political leaders of the Muslim community. The study has clearly established the failure of Karnataka State Wakf Board", he said.

According to the Karnataka State Minority Commission, this is the biggest scam ever to have taken place in the state and presumably not lesser than the magnitude of 2G Scam that shook the nation.

The report shows failure in auditing of accounts of the Wakf institutions with enormous property that generate income. These institutions also get mammoth donations which are not accounted by the board under 'Wakf Fund'. It is also alleged that court cases related to Wakf Board are not handled properly, with the board failing to reply in courts.

The fraudulent acts of Wakf Board and associated officials, political leaders, people's representatives, people credible positions in society and the so called social reformers have been exposed in the report along with gentlemen involved in such nefarious activities.

Karnataka: Wakf Land Scam, Huge Property Misuse and Encroachment Revealed | IndiaWires

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
A scam as big as 2G scam is being uncovered in Karnataka involving Wakf. Will Media report? I can't believe that Congress which screams as "Saviour" of Indian Muslims, is involved in a 2 lakh crore Wakf scam!!

anoop_mig25

Country flag
in every state their is wakaf property and as always corruption is taking place there but nobody shouts in media or in public and so called our pseudo seculuar media . even muslims doesnt cares for it

KS

Bye bye DFI
Estate value of 410 lakh crore rupees ....WTF...who gave them so much land ? There must be some accountability whatever be their religion. Who knows what they are spending the money upon ?

I doubt even if Tirupati will have so much wealth.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
I have not read the article fully because I know what happen with these properties. Few persons who are in charge of these properties consider these as their private properties. Not only in Karnataka, it is more or less in All Over India. These properties should be acquired by the government and should be used for better purpose- school, hospital, library etc.

Galaxy

Country flag
Minorities panel indicts Roshan Baig and others for 'grabbing 2 lakh crore Wakf land'

Monday, 26 March 2012 15:08

Bangalore, March 26: Karnataka State Minorities Commission chairman Anwar Manippady has submitted a report on Wakf irregularities to the Chief Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda.

The report has indicted several Muslim MLAs including Zameer Ahmed Khan (JDS), Khamarul Islam, Roshan Baig (Cong), N.A. Haris, Iqbal Ansari (JDS) and H.M. Hindasgeri (Cong).

The report has unearthed irregularities worth Rs. 2 lakh crores, which is said to be even bigger than 2G spectrum scam in magnitude.

Mr. Manippady submitted the report to the Chief Minister in Vidhana Saudha on Monday morning.

Speaking after accepting the report Mr. Gowda said there is prima facie evidence against the MLAs mentioned in the report of indulging in acquisition of Wakf properties illegally.

He said action will be taken against the guilty after studying the report. "We will not allow anyone to grab public property," he added.

Meanwhile, speaking to a TV channel after releasing the 750-page report, Mr. Manippady claimed that he had received threatening calls from people who wanted the report to be hushed up.

"I got several threatening calls from various sources. I was also offered mindboggling amount as a bribe if I did not reveal the misdeeds. But, I am certain that the properties which have been declared as Wakf should be used for the betterment of the community. So the lands and properties have to be recovered as per the directive of the Supreme Court. The law will take its course," he said.

Meanwhile, reacting to the allegation former minister and MLA Roshan Baig demanded a CBI investigation into the alleged scam. "Let the Government demand a CBI inquiry. I am also ready to face inquiry," he said.

Minorities panel indicts Roshan Baig and others for 'grabbing 2 lakh crore Wakf land'

Galaxy

Country flag
Minority panel indicts senior politicians for Karnataka Wakf land misuse

Bangalore, Tue Mar 27 2012

Several senior Congress leaders, including former state ministers and MPs, have been indicted in a report of the Karnataka Minorities Commission on the diversion of Wakf Board land.

The report prepared by commission Chairman Anwar Manipaddy and submitted to Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda on Monday has estimated losses in the range of Rs 2 lakh crore from the misuse of Wakf land. "The report is just the tip of the iceberg and well known cases of misuse of Wakf Board land like that of the popular Windsor Manor Hotel are just drops in the ocean. Most of the top political leaders of the Muslim community in Karnataka are involved," said Manipaddy, a BJP member.

"Apart from powerful politicians, Wakf Board members, officials, middlemen and the land mafia are involved in the scam," he added. Manipaddy refused to name the politicians, saying the report needed to be first tabled in the state legislature.

Minority panel indicts senior politicians for Karnataka Wakf land misuse - Indian Express

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I know how difficult it is to earn one lakh. And here we are, all scams are in a few lakh crores!!! :facepalm:

sob

Mod
Country flag
Do we need to recall the case of Antilia in Mumbai

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
And somebody told me LokPal and Lokayuktas are not good for us :sad::lol:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Wakf Board land scam: Rs 2 lakh crore scam surfaces in Karnataka

New Delhi: A scam that reportedly threatens to be bigger than the 2G scam has emerged from Karnataka, promising to bring more trouble for the Congress. The State Minorities Commission has reportedly found that over 22 thousand properties owned by the Wakf Board was illegally encroached and sold over the last decade.

The estimated loss to the exchequer is said to be around Rs 2 lakh crore.

The Chairperson of the State Minorities Commission, Anwar Manippady told CNN-IBN that a few top politicians were involved in the scam. Sources say the Commission's report has named 38 Congress leaders.

Said Manippady, "We thought that let us look into other places too and we found mind-boggling figures in the amount of land encroached, took over property in their names or their kith and kin names... by fraud.

"What I've submitted today is a 7,500 page of documents, including gazette notification, registration of documents. Some have registered in their own name, some have sold it in benami names."

"The total value of Wakf properties in Karnataka is about Rs 4 lakh crore plus, and encroachments/embezzlements is Rs 2 lakh crores," he added.

He continued, "Imagine the strength to the Muslims if all this property is recovered. If the property is recovered, people in the community will have no problems. No Muslim will die because of lack of hospitals or medicines. A university can be set up. No Muslim will go without a roof on his head. We have been bestowed with this property. It is gone to the wrong hands.

"What I submitted today is only the tip of the ice-berg. If investigation happens, we will all swoon."

The report was submitted to Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda on Monday. Reports say it may be tabled in the state Assembly in a day or two.

The report states that the Wakf Board functionaries helped transfer the land to private individuals and institutions over the last 11 years.

It also states that 85 per cent of Wakf board properties that were misused are in Bangalore alone.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The so called party which says it stands for the minorities of the country has allegedly fleeced the same minorities of 2 lakh crores worth. Well done!!!
Why do you think they stand up for minorities? No free lunches are there?

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Hooo my god started from 1.76L crores and now with more than 100L crores :(

I will kill any one how tells INDIA a Poor country or even developing country.

It's time our INDIAN muslim relize Congress is the most anti minority as they dont say it in front of their face but stay as a cancer without the host's knowledge

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Hooo my god started from 1.76L crores and now with more than 100L crores :(

I will kill any one how tells INDIA a Poor country or even developing country.

It's time our INDIAN muslim relize Congress is the most anti minority as they dont say it in front of their face but stay as a cancer without the host's knowledge
1) all Muslims don't vote for congress.
2) people like Galaxy present a face of BJP ( though it may or not be the true policy) that
a. Does not want muslim votes.
b. does not want Muslims in India itself.

The alternative as seen in UP are people like Mulayam which is worse off.

What do you do?

Galaxy

Country flag
Karnataka has 1/10th of total Wakf land in India. If Wakf Scam is Rs.2,00,000,00,00,000 here, imagine how big a scam this is all over India. Wakf is the land freely donated by Muslim rulers & individuals to Dargahs & Masjids. Poschim Bongo has the largest, UP the 2nd. The Defence budget of India for this year is Rs.1,93,407 crores. About 6,600 crores LESS than the alleged Wakf Scam sum in just one state.

Incredible India!! :sad:

lemontree

Professional
Karnataka has 1/10th of total Wakf land in India. If Wakf Scam is Rs.2,00,000,00,00,000 here, imagine how big a scam this is all over India. Wakf is the land freely donated by Muslim rulers & individuals to Dargahs & Masjids. Poschim Bongo has the largest, UP the 2nd. The Defence budget of India for this year is Rs.1,93,407 crores. About 6,600 crores LESS than the alleged Wakf Scam sum in just one state.

Incredible India!! :sad:
How do they come to these figures?..i mean the estimate of the scam.

Wakf property includes places like the Taj Mahal and Jamma Masjid in Delhi. As per the Sachhar Committee of 2006, the registered Wakfs have about 600,000 acres of land, with a book value of about Rs.6000 cr.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
^^
Difference in the value of land value declared by government, and the actual market value, that is why land deals in India are shoddy, they prefer all cash transactions to avoid paying taxes

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles