Vote: Sell surplus power to Pakistan?

Should India export its surplus power to Pakistan?

• Yah, lets earn some money

• Nah, leave them in eternal darkness

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
I dont think those pakis have enough money ti purchase Electricity for us.
Actually everybody will love to purchase electricity from us. Because we have one of the lowest rates in the world.
And further Pakistan surely has money to buy electricity from us.

The Ultranationalist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I dont understand why are we even hosting the embassy of that terrorist country, i am for severing all ties with porkis let alone selling them power

tsunami

Country flag
There are lots of states where we can see powercuts in india too. If we have surplus supply it to these states and let our own economy grow even further.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
There are lots of states where we can see powercuts in india too. If we have surplus supply it to these states and let our own economy grow even further.
This is the second year in a row, there is no power cut in Telangana. As I write there is 4Gw Surplus power in national grid.

Www.vidyutpravah.in

Power cuts these days are not because of lack of power, more due to financial problems of respective state discoms.

Kay

Country flag
Makes zero strategic sense. You don't sell ammo to enemies. (Infrastructure is dual purpose). Only things worth selling in Pakistan are Bollywood movies and Coca Cola.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
China is doing a great job of looting Pakistan. Let R.A.N.D.I. figure this out.:basanti: We must not interfere.:hehe:

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
China is doing a great job of looting Pakistan. Let R.A.N.D.I. figure this out.:basanti: We must not interfere.:hehe:
Till my understanding, that will be counter productive. This is a very sensitive matter. We should not tolerate it at all let alone enjoy burning the house of our neighbor, even if it happens to be Pakistan.
This is one of the nightmare scenario for us !
People of Pakistan must understand the meaning of sovereignty. They may not have fought against Britishers to gain independence but we did.
India must make it clear that if colonization is successful then we have to conduct another series of N-Tests.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Wow, I am the only one that voted for yes.:shock: Guess i am an idiot:rotfl:
I guess I'm in the same boat as you are in!! :biggrin2:

We should make some good money from these Porks. We already have a trade surplus in our favor to the tune of $1.2 billion (about Rs 7000 crores INR and 12,000 crores PKR). Let's export more stuff so we squeeze them financially and make them dependent on us for a variety of things including power.......and needless to say, WATER for which we should make them pay for their requirements over and above the IWT!!

mayfair

Do the Pakjabi bhikhaaris even have the money to pay for the power, should we agree to sell it to them?

Not only will the Napakis refuse to pay but will cook up some excuse on how we are to blame us for targeting their "strategic assets" and consumers by deliberately supplying "current full of fluctuating voltage" (Pinglish added for emphasis).

Naturally, the bijli will stop flowing and the Napakis will rant and rave that how big yeevil Hindu baniyas with small hearts are depriving poor Napakis of their milkiyat and the bijli should have been free for them anyway since the bijli was extracted from Indus rivers and .....

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Till my understanding, that will be counter productive. This is a very sensitive matter. We should not tolerate it at all let alone enjoy burning the house of our neighbor, even if it happens to be Pakistan.
This is one of the nightmare scenario for us !
People of Pakistan must understand the meaning of sovereignty. They may not have fought against Britishers to gain independence but we did.
India must make it clear that if colonization is successful then we have to conduct another series of N-Tests.
???? How did you reach from giving Pak cheap electricity to conducting N-tests ????

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
???? How did you reach from giving Pak cheap electricity to conducting N-tests ????
Dude I digressed from the topic because of CPEC. If Pakistan is colonized then we would be facing much larger threat. We need to conduct more test to counter it.

IndianHawk

Country flag

We should make some good money from these Porks. We already have a trade surplus in our favor to the tune of $1.2 billion (about Rs 7000 crores INR and 12,000 crores PKR). Let's export more stuff so we squeeze them financially and make them dependent on us for a variety of things including power.......and needless to say, WATER for which we should make them pay for their requirements over and above the IWT!!
I voted yes too. Guess we are in minority.
My thought is simple either you punish pakistan by severing all ties all over or you make money out of them.

Govt needs to make its mind what it is.

We should sell electricity instead of chinese and with profit we should build nukes.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This is a terrible idea. Set aside aiding Pak in anyway, we have power starved states in India.

Help handle that Mr CM before dreaming of Pak.

Who comes up with these silly ideas anyway?

Willy2

Rajasthan , a state with surplus electricity , but villages across desert are without electricity thanks to the grid system which is still very much out of reach for many ppl , this is the story for almost all electric surplus state , better we concentrate to fill gap in our system .

@Adioz , considering the financial condition of pakistan , I guarantee we will not get our fee on time , in the mean time if terror attack happens (which will) , and we refuse to supply them any more , that money will surely lost , and also why let Hafiz and it's gang plan next terror attack under our electricity ??
Another thing what if China decide to takeover defaulted loan from pakistan ?? in exchange of more asset in Pakistani soil ??

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
PM Modi permits surplus power sale to Pakistan: Amarinder Singh

BY
PARSHANT KRAR
ET BUREAU | UPDATED: APR 25, 2017, 05.21 PM IST

CHANDIGARH: Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh today said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given green signal to the state to sell surplus power to Pakistan. The chief minister had earlier sought Centre's sanction to supply power across border to curtail expenditure on fixed costs and costly power that state is obligated to buy as per Power Purchase Agreements.

The chief minister revealed about the positive response from the PM to a CII delegation headed by chairman & CEO, Renew Power Ventures Sumant Sinha, appointed as chairman CII North and managing director Vardhman Special Steels Sachit Jain, appointed as deputy chairman, CII North. Singh also revealed that the Prime Minister had indicated that Punjab should look for other trade options with Pakistan.

In the last week, the chief minister had sought permission to sell its surplus power to Pakistan or Nepal in the economic interest of the cash-crunched state. The state is left with 1000 MW surplus power after meeting its domestic demand, and consumers are forced to pay extra taxes to sustain fixed cost of power generating units.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Noooooooo:frusty:

Flame Thrower

PM Modi permits surplus power sale to Pakistan: Amarinder Singh

BY
PARSHANT KRAR
ET BUREAU | UPDATED: APR 25, 2017, 05.21 PM IST

CHANDIGARH: Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh today said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given green signal to the state to sell surplus power to Pakistan. The chief minister had earlier sought Centre's sanction to supply power across border to curtail expenditure on fixed costs and costly power that state is obligated to buy as per Power Purchase Agreements.

The chief minister revealed about the positive response from the PM to a CII delegation headed by chairman & CEO, Renew Power Ventures Sumant Sinha, appointed as chairman CII North and managing director Vardhman Special Steels Sachit Jain, appointed as deputy chairman, CII North. Singh also revealed that the Prime Minister had indicated that Punjab should look for other trade options with Pakistan.

In the last week, the chief minister had sought permission to sell its surplus power to Pakistan or Nepal in the economic interest of the cash-crunched state. The state is left with 1000 MW surplus power after meeting its domestic demand, and consumers are forced to pay extra taxes to sustain fixed cost of power generating units.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
Will Pak buy our surplus power!?, last time it was also to provide us a passage to Afghan along with power. Lets hope Pak rejects our offer

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles