Violence in Karachi

Pakistani Nationalist

You are a Sindhi from Baluch and even that i suspect! Either way there is a freedom struggle in Baluchistan, there is no freedom struggle in Bihar. You need to give up Baluchistan if we are to give up Kashmir.
Whats a sindhi from baluch? and u suspect? like i care........ Freedom stuggle.. what r u smoking? whose talking abt bihar?

Give up baluchistan to whom?

And for ur info.. im a marri baluch from Quetta...

Pakistani Nationalist

Criminals? Tu sathiya gaya hai. The majority of these Muhajirs may be Biharis, but they comprise the single most radically successful ethnic group in your country.

Nahin per tera dimagh kharab hogaya hai.. nobdy blamed muhajirs but criminals..

The Biharis will work for a pittance until they drop dead. They may have a low class culture, but they will work hard at any job. Which is why they swamp cities such as Mumbai and Kolkatta, and even though the Mumbaikars will complain about their habits, they cannot do without them. Understood?

Now these Bihari Muslims, that came from Bihar in 1947 and post-East Pakistan Bangladesh in 1971 have coalesced themselves into omething of the lines of Balasaheb under a man named Altaf Hussain, with external help. That has made them a political force to reckon with. And their culture of settling arguments, with gang fights under the barrel of a gun is something that comes from the inner regions of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. Except it happens in your largest city.
What r u talkin abt?

The Pukhtoons have a violent gun culture of their own. What happens when you put two bunches of uncouth morons in the same city? These are not criminals. This is the general political culture, that you as a middle-class, upwardly mobile Pakistani are not exposed to.
Dont rant what u dont know abt pashtun dont have a gun culture... Gun is a part of culture in FATA...

Besides, the criminals are not plain criminals. The orders, the weapons, the extortion, the black money and the dens all have political sanction.
Thts purely political fight between ANP vs MQM who want control for the city...

And the political sanction needs even higher sanction. Which is where your Army comes in.
Conspiracy theorist Army has not involvement in it though u would love to think abt it........... Back in the 90s army flushed these scums........... Also everybdy knows tht when MQM is not in complete power they do such things and when they r threatened by force they these scums back down.

Which has tolerated two groups at it as long as things don't boil over, and has attempted to balance one group against the other. Try imposing your military rule without a former sanction from the two parties, or without consulting them and arriving at a deal. Try taking your rangers and rounding up people without a prior political deal in the hinterland of Orangi. Your rangers will get f * c k e d.
Maybe BSF n CRP gets f * c k e d............. ur rant is purely fiction.

Why would the military encourage political violence when it doesnt even care abt them?

Aur ek baath sunneka hai, to sun. Your state has been compounded by the fact that you house one of the topmost criminals in the world. This m********r from Mumbai, who fled after Salaskar and the rest set his ass on fire, after the 1993 riots has and will f*** your country so bad you will never be able to recognize it again. You know why Haji Mastan, Chota Rajan and Vardha Rajan hated him? Because he introduced drugs into the country, actually turned the city into an arms depot and used it to fund everything from hawala channels in the middle east to smuggling to east Asia.You think he is your asset
Looks like he f**** ur country really hard....

Also what prove do u have tht he lives in karachi? tell interpol or GoP and get him.

You keep a bomb to use against your neighbor long enough and it will set your own house on fire.
India should keep tht in mind too.

Common in developing countries? I always tell people, in the 1980s and 1990s when a Yank friend of mine visited your country and stayed at different times at the Mehran in Shahra e Faisal and the Gulf hotel in Saddar, he woke up every morning to the sound of bullets and to donkey carts at 4am pulling dead bodies on the streets. That history is repeating itself. And that don't happen in most developing countries, except the worst of 'em.
Nice story.

You probably don't realize this, but up to 70% of your central Government's revenues come from the city of Karachi. Put the port-city on fire long enough, and your government is paralysed. How do you expect your Government to function?
A small town outside karachi doesnt make it the whole city...........Besides its things r already becoming normal.

The problem with this part of the world is that we like to talk too much. But we grow de-sensitized to emotion and complacency thru constant exposure. At least, in India the youth don't take it any more. And because the call centres and rest have exposed the nation to Western living, the standards and expectations have changed. In Pakistan, all I see from the youth is shittalk on the net.
Selling T-shirts n dry cleaners with a fake american accent doesnt expose a nation to anything thing except cheating ... Hi mam im tony frm salt lake ... I will send u ur dry cleaer soon...thaanku bye tata:wave:

Abt talking shyt well we all the tht from the quality of post on this forum who talks shyt.

Rick

I leave.

You insult I.

You bad example India.

shame on you.

You no better than Chinese.

You think you better than African.

No friend that not way friends make.

All country require friend.

You very very very bad man.

You will inherit human droppings not earth!

shame on you.

Bad Man.
Well, buddy,Indians like to show off their English.Although this is the heritage of the british colonizaion.
And I saw you made their day by saying us bad.And then they ruined yours by making fun of your English.But I'm happy for you that you learnt something about the Indians.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Hmm... so a metropolitan hub becomes the home to indigenous madness eh? One reaps what one sows...

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
This is very dangerous for Pakistan because Karachi is the port city and nerve centre of Pakistan's economy.
No points for guessing why Mumbai is attacked again and again :)

Regards,
Virendra

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
You make me fun thing, Sheik?

You man cruel.

How like Indian if you fun me?

I then leave if you no like me.

I try learn English and you fun me.

Bad man you.

No polite to man not good English.
Cool down, friend. We are saying that your English is good enough for us to understand since English is not our language and also not yours, we both need not worry about how correct it is as long as we understand each other.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Mayhem in Karachi, bloodbath continues
Mayhem in Karachi, bloodbath continues – The Express Tribune
...Thirty four people have lost their lives in the ongoing wave of target killings in Karachi in last 24 hours, including five in overnight shooting incidents. MQM chief Altaf Hussain has given a 48 hour notice to President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani to stop bloodshed in Karachi...

Regards,
Virendra

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Unless the Pakistanis get their act going, the terrorists will take over the country.

As it is the Chinese have for the fist time openly said that Pakistan is sponsoring terror in Xinjiang!

The terrorists will destroy Pakistan and make enemies out of even their all weather friend!

The CIA is operating in Pakistan without any controls and now, soon the Chinese Public Security Bureau will come to do what the Pakistanis have failed to do.

Then we won't know where is Pakistan - whether it is a part of China, the US or what!

Blackwater

Karachi is on fire

At least 13 people, including a former parliamentarian, have been killed in ongoing politically-motivated violence in Pakistan's southern port of Karachi.

Waja Karim Dad, a senior leader of Pakistan's ruling PPP political party, was shot in the Lyari neighbourhood.

The attacks happened as Karachi's main party, MQM, said it was rejoining the national PPP-led coalition government.

It had left after accusing the majority partner of not doing enough to stop violence in the business capital.

At least 300 people were killed in such attacks in Karachi in July.

Mr Karim Dad was sitting in a roadside cafe when gunmen on motorcycles sprayed it with bullets.

It was a busy time, with shops having opened late due to the daily fast for the Islamic month of Ramadan ending minutes earlier.

Several bystanders were also wounded in the attack, which killed the former parliamentarian instantly.

Reloaded weapons

Witnesses who fled the carnage said the gunmen calmly reloaded their weapons and then targeted another cafe a few hundred metres down the road.

Locals say no police or paramilitary law enforcement personnel were available to confront the gunmen, despite the police station being nearby.

The killings were preceded by a grenade attack which claimed the lives of two children in a nearby housing compound.

Angry citizens have taken to the streets and set several vehicles ablaze, as reports of more attacks continue to filter in.

The killings in Karachi have continued despite efforts to reconcile its warring political factions.

Security officials say this is because the killers are being protected by senior politicians.

They say the violence is being used to stoke recently ignited ethnic passions both for political gains and as a means by criminal gangs to fight turf wars behind the facade of political activism.

Many people say the government is a silent spectator here, as armed gangs run riot over Pakistan's most important urban centre. :namaste::namaste::namaste:

BBC News - Pakistan ex-MP Waja Karim Dad dies in Karachi violence

Blackwater

Karachi's child victims of ethnic violence

Karachi is one of the largest cities in the world and in recent months has become one of the deadliest. Hundreds of people have been killed in ethnic clashes. The BBC's Aleem Maqbool meets two families on opposite sides of the ethnic divide.

Earlier this summer bloodshed came suddenly to Qasba Colony - a densely packed area in the west of Karachi. The violence has persisted and things are tense when we visit.

We are here to see two families who live just a few hundred metres apart. The family of one girl, Yumna, who is 13, lives at the bottom of the steep hill that dominates Qasba. The family of another, six-year-old Laiba, lives at the very top.

But while you can clearly see one home from the other, you can no longer walk directly between the two.

Urdu speakers can see the homes of their Pashtun neighbours on the slopes
The deserted main road that bisects the route has become a new front line. Snipers are still operating and scores of bullet holes all over buildings near the road are a warning not to cross.

Yumna's family, like most of those living in the sprawling expanse at the bottom of the hill, is "Urdu-speaking"; a term given to those Muslims who chose to come over to Pakistan from India at partition more than 60 years ago.

Yumna's great-grandparents migrated from Calcutta. For decades, the Urdu-speaking community has been the majority in Karachi, and the most powerful politically.

Little Laiba's family though, like almost all of those who live on the slopes of the hill, are ethnic Pashtuns originally from north-west Pakistan.

Fleeing conflict

Twenty years ago, Laiba's grandparents moved here from the Swat Valley to seek economic opportunities. More recently, Pashtuns have been coming here in huge numbers to escape the fighting between Pakistani forces and the Taliban.

Some estimates now put the Pashtun population in Karachi at as much as five or six million; a demographic and ultimately political rival to the Urdu-speakers in a city of 15 million people.

Continue reading the main story
"
Start Quote
Laiba was climbing the stairs to go back into her house when she too was shot, twice, by a gunman from the Urdu-speaking area below"
End Quote
When latent ethnic tensions between these two groups erupted just weeks ago, the entire city was plunged into turmoil. Shopkeepers were shot dead, rickshaw drivers abducted and tortured and bus passengers sprayed with bullets, purely because of their ethnicity.

Qasba Colony became just one of many battlegrounds.

Speaking softly and with fear still clearly in her eyes, Yumna describes how she and her family were trapped in their home for days during one particularly heavy spell of fighting.

She tells of hearing bullets graze the walls and hit the water tank as Pashtun gunmen on the hill traded fire with Urdu-speakers in her part of Qasba.

Yumna says it finally got so bad she tried to take her younger brother and sister and make a dash to her uncle's house, in a safer area.

Sniper fire

She describes how they crouched behind the walls of the house, waiting for a lull in the fighting. Then, when it came, how her brother and sister ran across the alleyway to hide behind the buildings on the other side. Yumna tried to do the same but as she ran she fell to the ground.

She had been shot in the legs by a Pashtun sniper.

She recalls how neighbours tried to help but that they too came under gunfire, and how she was eventually carried through the back streets to the hospital. She is now back at home, lying on her bed, her legs heavily strapped.

Laiba's father cannot understand why fighting began
But it was just as bad for the Pashtuns up the hill.

Laiba's best friend tells us how, because of all the shooting, they had also been confined to their homes.

She says the girls missed playing their favourite game in the street, chindro, which is a bit like hopscotch. They made do with playing with dolls inside, but were scared by the noise.

During a quiet time, Laiba did go outside for a while. She was climbing the stairs to go back into her house when she too was shot, twice, by a gunman from the Urdu-speaking area below.

One bullet all but tore off her tiny arm, the other pierced her chest.

Political battle

Laiba's father can barely bring himself to tell us how he rushed outside to find his only child covered in blood, how he ran down the hill in tears with her body in his arms and how Laiba took her last breath in the rickshaw as they tried to get to hospital.

Neither Laiba's father nor Yumna's say they understand why the fighting has started now.

But both the Pashtuns on the hill and the Urdu speakers below now talk about their rival community using almost exactly the same demonising terms. They claim the other is more immoral, more heavily armed, more barbaric. They are talking about their former neighbours, often their old friends.

Ultimately there is one thing they agree on. They say this is a power battle that has been instigated by politicians who claim to represent them but that it is they, and their children, who are paying the price.

BBC News - Karachi's child victims of ethnic violence

Blackwater

Tales of fear after days of killing in Karachi

There are fresh fears of instability in Pakistan's largest city, Karachi, after nearly 100 people were killed in shootings and violence last week. Residents of the city - including people living in its strife-torn western neighbourhoods - have been telling the BBC's Shahzeb Jillani of their ordeals.

Last Friday, the port city - with its population of 18 million residents - was shut down after its largest party, the MQM, announced "a day of mourning".

Many people said they stayed at home fearing more violence. The MQM, in power for nine years, this month resigned from the government to sit on the opposition benches.

That in turn has given rise to fears of renewed political confrontation.

The surge in violence last week was widely blamed on armed gangs linked to rival political and ethnic groups.

Karachi, considered to be Pakistan's economic capital, is also plagued by extortion rackets, mafia-run land-grabs and turf wars waged by armed groups.

The government's move to deploy the Sindh Rangers to restore law and order in the troubled western neighbourhoods of the city met little resistance. But that was scant conciliation to hundreds of families stranded inside their homes without food and water for days, some of whom were evacuated to safer locations.

'Desperate for help'
Rickshaw driver Fazal Ayaz says that the violence is getting worse by the day
Mansoor Khan, 43, told the BBC that snipers were positioned on the rocky hills surrounding the western suburbs where he lives.

"They would shoot at anyone who tried to step out of their home. We had sick and elderly people in the family who couldn't get any treatment. We were stuck and desperate for help."

Other residents of the area say that they were too terrified to go out of their houses because of intense gunfire.

Maheen Noor, nine, describes with remarkable alacrity the "tak tak tak" of small arms fire.

"I wasn't too scared," she said, "because I have heard it before, like when there was fighting in the area two years ago.

"But this time, it went on for several days. We couldn't sleep at night. My sister was really freaking out. She stayed close to my father throughout the nights."

'Bullets flying'

In many households, food stocks ran low, said neighbourhood activist Afaq Hussain Rizvi.

Mr Rizvi's home in the west of Karachi has been badly hit by the violence
"I lived on tea and water during those days," he said. "Bullets were flying over our heads. The police were there, but they didn't do anything to stop the gunfire."

Mr Rizvi says that most people do not have much faith in the security forces.

"Once they leave, the fighting could start all over again. The people in this area have no option but to arm themselves for their self-defence."

University graduate Syeda Shaista Shahzad said that her neighbour's teenage son was killed by a bullet while peeking out the window to see what was going on.

"The attackers didn't seem to care who they were shooting at," she said. "They had automatic machine guns, even grenades and rocket-launchers were used."

While the west side of Karachi has borne the brunt of the violence, other parts have not been immune.

Seema Hasan, 35, says that while she lives in a "relatively safe neighbourhood", her work is in an area where shootings and violence do sometimes take place.

"My parents constantly worry about my safety when I go out," she said. "It affects my personal and professional life.

"In many countries, people check the weather or transport news before going out. Here, it's the security updates that people look out for."

'Civil war'

Pashtun rickshaw driver Fazal Ayaz has worked in Karachi for 40 years and has the same phlegmatic attitude towards the violence as many other city residents.

There are fears that violence could bring Pakistan's economic capital to a standstill
"I drive my rickshaw all over the city day or not, not knowing where a bullet might come from," he says.

"I see a lot of crime, muggings and [people being held at] gun-point. The situation is getting worse by the day.

"Sometimes, I tell my passengers I won't go to certain areas where they are shooting people who look Pashtuns. But this is my bread and butter."

Mr Ayaz says that people are frustrated and fed up with the killings and shootings which are "forcing people to take matters in their own hands and could lead to an ethnic civil war".

Many, like 42-year-old education official Aziz Kabani, fear that Karachi may be entering into another prolonged phase of instability, violence and economic uncertainty which will have a huge impact on Pakistan's struggling economy.

"Karachi and its people have enormous potential to compete with any mega-city," he said.

"But sadly, it's not being realised and things are deteriorating. It pains us mentally and emotionally to see Karachi suffering like this.

"It's like seeing a loved one suffering from a fatal disease and dying a slow death.

"But I am still hopeful. This city can, and will, bounce back. I believe the change will come. It will come from the grass-roots. Those at the bottom will lead the change, not the ones at the top."

BBC News - Tales of fear after days of killing in Karachi

Blackwater

Karachi: Report says 1,100 killed in first half of 2011

More than 1,100 people have been shot dead in political violence in the Pakistani city of Karachi since the start of the year, campaigners say.

The Human Right Commission of Pakistan criticised city officials for failing to stop the targeted killings.

Much of the violence is associated with battles between rival criminal gangs.

But the chairman of the human rights commission also alleged that many of these armed gangs have the support of the city's main political parties.

As a result they are allowed to act with impunity, commission chairwoman Zohra Yusuf told a news conference.

The BBC's Shahzeb Jillani in Karachi says planned killings and drive-by shootings are now an almost daily occurrence in Karachi, the largest city and port in Pakistan and a major industrial and commercial centre.

Our correspondent says the city, which generates nearly half of Pakistan's total revenue, is plagued by extortion rackets, mafia-run land-grabs and turf wars waged by armed groups fighting for their share of resources.

Many fear that with last week's resignation from the government by the city's main political party - the MQM - increased violence and instability could bring Pakistan's economic capital to a grinding halt.

According to human rights organisations, 775 people died in political and sectarian shootings and bomb attacks in Karachi in 2010. The government put the figure lower, at about 500 people.

BBC News - Karachi: Report says 1,100 killed in first half of 2011

Blackwater

KARACHI: There was no rest in violence in the city as 21 more people were killed since Wednesday mid-night, DawnNews reported.

Sixteen bodies have been found in different parts of the metropolis while one man was gunned down in the Baldia Town.

Four bodies were recovered from the Shershah area, three each from Baldia Town, Kakri Ground and the Garden area.

Two bodies were found in Maripur while one from the Mangoper area.

One body recovered from the Baldia Town was of a fire extinguisher Liaquat Azhar who was kidnapped yesterday by unknown men. All the bodies bore marks of torture and gun shots.

The hike in violence started after a former lawmaker of the Pakistan People's Party was killed in the Lyari area on Wednesday. Three other people were also killed in the firing incident.

Bomb attacks and firing incidents have resulted in deaths of 38 people in last 24 hours in the city.

http://www.dawn.com/2011/08/18/violence-intensifies-in-karachi-17-killed-overnight.html

Rage

DFI TEAM
Blaze it up!

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

Hope RAW, MOSSAD, CIA not involve this time.:pound::pound::pound:

It's high time Altaf Bhai should get rid of pakistan. Ask every sindhi to seprate from sick and dying country

Blackwater

IN SESSION-05-08-2011(Britain & MQM Involved In Karachi Riots):becky::becky::becky:

Blackwater

Traders decide to shut markets

KARACHI: Markets in old city areas were shut in protest against increasing incidents of extortion from various mafias active in the city, Geo News reported.

The Traders' Action Committee has warned if extortion is not stopped than markets and Eid bazaars will be closed down. In a statement the chairman of the committee said that markets and Eid bazaars were operating without any security and traders were living in fear.

President Karachi Chamber of Commerce Industry (KCCI) Saeed Shafique told Geo news that due to volatile city situation a decision has been taken to close the markets. The KCCI has also convened a meeting to discuss the situation.

Blackwater

Situation in Karachi is worse than Kashmir now. The world should intervene and give rights and separate land to muhajirs..:namaste::namaste::namaste:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles