Vini, Vidi, Vishy

p2prada

Why is that Fail?

You feeling alright? I asked you a question on how old you are, most people who are friends here with me on FB know how old i am.
Oh! I thought you were joking and trying to backtrack. Super seniors always mean two years older, that's why.

niharjhatn

TBH Gelfand was always going to be a poor opponent. Nice win, Vishy has done a great job cementing his position among the all time greats. His aggressive attacking style is always entertaining to watch and he really is advantaged in the time restricted games.

parijataka

Country flag
I like the king from Tamil, sea food let people smart, same in China, best Chinese chess player from South.
but smart guys usually are not good at fighting, always ruled by North.
Satish007, Vishwanathan Anand is an Iyer i.e. a Tamilian Brahmin, most probably pure vegetarian not even eating eggs.

trackwhack

TBH Gelfand was always going to be a poor opponent. Nice win, Vishy has done a great job cementing his position among the all time greats. His aggressive attacking style is always entertaining to watch and he really is advantaged in the time restricted games.
In a chess forum we would call you a patzer for making a comment such as this dissing the WCH challenger.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
An Indian with achievements !

Salute the man ... sahab ko salam karo

trackwhack

The winning team: Peter Heine Nielsen, Radek Wojtaszek, Surya Ganguly, Eric van Reem, Hans-Walter Schmitt (back), Aruna Anand, Vishy Anand, Rustam Kasimdzhanov (front)

At the press conference after the match

The trophy presentation is today and I will update with some more pictures.

Some of Anands quotes after the match
It was incredibly tense. Right now probably the only feeling you have is relief. I think I'm even too tense to be happy but I'm really relieved.
I would say that my nerves held out better. I simply held on for dear life.

The problem with such a tight match is that every mistake has a much higher value than in a match where there are mistakes going back and forth in every game. In a match where there were so few chances for me it was really an incredibly heavy blow to lose game 7. I cannot remember such a black day. I couldn't sleep. That day I really thought I'd blown the match.
and Gelfand

I would say that it was an equal match, and that I was better sometimes, for example in the second game. I think I had more than enough compensation for the pawn and good chances. Probably the problem of the whole tiebreak was that I was behind on the clock for most of the time. In such a situation it is sometimes difficult to find the best move on the spot, which happened with my blunders in games 2 and 3. Also in game 4 I had the advantage but because of the same problem, I failed to convert it.
Pictures courtesy Chessvibes

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Oh! I thought you were joking and trying to backtrack. Super seniors always mean two years older, that's why.
Didnt know that but why do you doge my question? How old are you, no shame in saying your age there are people of all ages here.

Oracle

/\/\/\ Why you need ages? Trying to fit in idiots of your age in a category? Get a life.

Oracle

/\/\/\ GK always asks posters of their age. He is Gay, trying to find his victims in here. Nonsense troller.

trackwhack

all the games played are etched into the gold trophy and check out the gold crown inside a crystal chess cube

i've never seen russians so gaga about anything. chess is it for them.

A painting, depicting Anand and Gelfand at war over the chessboard under
the watchful eye of the "Seated Demon", was presented to the World Champion.

Putin hosted them for lunch. Did he have to wear an NIIT jacket?:pound:

good pals off the board

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles