Villages across China

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
wow , Bunker Roy is a god
Maybe in the Chinese perceptions.

He is merely a person with a zeal, who is achieving something beyond what the Govt does. That is what is how he is perceived elsewhere.

HMS Astute

Very nice houses and neighbourhood. I think this kind of house will cost millions £ in the UK.

kenduffy

Very nice houses and neighbourhood. I think this kind of house will cost millions £ in the UK.
In china, it is not expensive, coz it is a village.Villagers speak local dialects and practice local traditions. ppl from other places will find it difficult to live as an outlier in such villages. he
If no many ppl flood in, the price won't go up.

esolve

I feel a little sad about the Chinese. On another forum (BRF) I have been discussing something called "Western Universalism" where the west dictates certain norms of behaviour like democracy, human rights, poverty levels, minimum wage etc and says that everyone should be like them to be considered equal. In our own naive ways both India and China have fallen for this western strategy. Without going into too much detail India has swallowed the "democracy and human rights" aspects of western universalism even when it is not appropriate. Liek thinking about human rights of terrorists.

China on the other hand has mindlessly internalized and aped the western model of glass and concrete cities and villages artificially created to look like modern day European/American villages. I find the Chinese swelling with ride in displayng their towns and cities that are carbon copies of all that is bad in the west and all that went wrong. Wasteful, power hungry, environment unfriendly masses of urban conctere and glass ugliness.

In fact what both India and China have are "colonized minds". Please Google for the words "cargo cult" and you can see what is being done to blindly ape the west and make it look like "we have arrived" in our own different ways.

dude, why do you develop IT industries? why do you use computer/phones for posting here?
why do you develop western style weapons?
why are you practising democracies?
why are you using electrcities?
why do you take buses? trains?

when you talk about traditions,
what traditions are you keeping? caste? untouchable? dead bodies in Ganges?

prohumanity

Country flag
The real problem with West is that their citizens are brainwashed by profit hungry big corporation that your greatness is proportional to how many things you own. Now, this unlimited greed makes them do all type of evil (such as creating civil wars, funding terrorists to destabilize nations etc.) because they want more, and more and more . The big insect lurking in western mind is that by military force and threats ,they can make rest of the world subservient to them and rob their resources to keep funding western greedy life style.
As long as West remains in this shallow, immature and empathy less mindset, more and more groups like ISIS will mushroom and slaughter any symbols of western power because they see west as the greatest evil which deserves to be punished.
West needs to learn that more weapons will not solve problem...more wisdom and being a force for good of the world, earning world's respect is the way to go. Other nations are also loaded with lots of weapons and may retaliate directly or by empowering anti-west groups. Arrogance and bad attitude towards other civilizations will ensure downfall of west . Beheading of the westerners can become universal as more and more hatred and anger is created in others. Its a real danger. How will they travel and profit?
Time to bring back humanity and kindness in western foreign policy and liberate it from the clutches of oil and weapons industry.

Last edited:

esolve

The real problem with West is that their citizens are brainwashed by profit hungry big corporation that your greatness is proportional to how many things you own. Now, this unlimited greed makes them do all type of evil (such as creating civil wars, funding terrorists to destabilize nations etc.) because they want more, and more and more . The big insect lurking in western mind is that by military force and threats ,they can make rest of the world subservient to them and rob their resources to keep funding western greedy life style.
As long as West remains in this shallow, immature and empathy less mindset, more and more groups like ISIS will mushroom and slaughter any symbols of western power because they see west as the greatest evil which deserves to be punished.
West needs to learn that more weapons will not solve problem...more wisdom and being a force for good of the world, earning world's respect is the way to go. Other nations are also loaded with lots of weapons and may retaliate directly or by empowering anti-west groups. Arrogance and bad attitude towards other civilizations will ensure downfall of west . Beheading of the westerners can become universal as more and more hatred and anger is created in others. Its a real danger. How will they travel and profit?
Time to bring back humanity and kindness in western foreign policy and liberate it from the clutches of oil and weapons industry.
Modi is drving your nation in that direction, why do you choose him?

HMS Astute

Modi is drving your nation in that direction, why do you choose him?
Modi is a leader of over a billion people and he is hardly known in Western world.

I hope he is a great leader who will tackle all the internal problems and invest more in social services, education, welfare, infrastructures, and healthcare in India.

bennedose

dude, why do you develop IT industries? why do you use computer/phones for posting here?
why do you develop western style weapons?
why are you practising democracies?
why are you using electrcities?
why do you take buses? trains?

when you talk about traditions,
what traditions are you keeping? caste? untouchable? dead bodies in Ganges?
What industries? India is an underdeveloped country with poverty and caste remember? People without toilets. Malnourished children, malaria, jaundice, typhoid. How come you are turning everything about India around simply to make an argument?

It is China that is marching towards the future. All those villages like Europe. All those glass and concrete cities, just like America. How can you even include India in this exalted company?

Last edited:

esolve

What industries? India is an underdeveloped country with poverty and caste remember? People without toilets. Malnourished children, malaria, jaundice, typhoid. How come you are turning everything about India around simply to make an argument?
IT industry is from west, abondom it
vehicle/electricity/laptop are from the west, throw it

why do you still post here? Internet/computer/phones are from the west.

It is China that is marching towards the future. All those villages like Europe. All those glass and concrete cities, just like America. How can you even include India in this exalted company?
no they are Chinese-style houses. @Ray posted many pics, which shows that India is building west-style buildings.
And the billionaires, middle class ppl in India are living in west-style buildings

Last edited by a moderator:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

True story :
When i was a kid my grandfather used to tell me that his grand father used to pay taxes to british to the tune of 10 lakh rupees(one million) annually, He was talking about the period around the year 1900. 6 years earlier i did some research and this seems to be correct.

Now some calculations:
Let us do some backwards calculation 1 british pound in 1901 is around 108 pounds today. for the sake of simplicity i will take one rupee equals 1 british pound in 1900. This 1 million income is tax on primarily agricultural land the size of modern day average indian district. currently india has 675 districts and Pakistan has about 100 districts. For simplicity sake let us calculate this sort of income on 500 districts. That would bring the money tax collected by british from India on annual basis to half a billion pounds, calculate inflation at the rate of 100 pounds that would bring the amount to 50 billion per year.

British ruled India for about 200 years, that would bring the amount to 10 trillion british pounds. I am not even counting the gold , opium, indigo, spices trade moved from india to the west in those years.

Lets make a deal why not the west give back 10 trillion + compound interest they took from us, we will give back your technologies.

numbers are not important but i hope you get my point.

esolve

True story :
When i was a kid my grandfather used to tell me that his grand father used to pay taxes to british to the tune of 10 lakh rupees(one million) annually, He was talking about the period around the year 1900. 6 years earlier i did some research and this seems to be correct.

Now some calculations:
Let us do some backwards calculation 1 british pound in 1901 is around 108 pounds today. for the sake of simplicity i will take one rupee equals 1 british pound in 1900. This 1 million income is tax on primarily agricultural land the size of modern day average indian district. currently india has 675 districts and Pakistan has about 100 districts. For simplicity sake let us calculate this sort of income on 500 districts. That would bring the money tax collected by british from India on annual basis to half a billion pounds, calculate inflation at the rate of 100 pounds that would bring the amount to 50 billion per year.

British ruled India for about 200 years, that would bring the amount to 10 trillion british pounds. I am not even counting the gold , opium, indigo, spices trade moved from india to the west in those years.

Lets make a deal why not the west give back 10 trillion + compound interest they took from us, we will give back your technologies.

numbers are not important but i hope you get my point.
go to ask GB, I'm not from GB

esolve

I know and i understand. Since your point was based on west i had to respond.

It's all good....
@bennedose
the above netizen said China is a crap coz China learns from the west, so I told him that India is also learning from the west.

bennedose

No. Most of the stuff I use is made in China. Laptop. Router. Electrical switches. Everything. I do feel like throwing it - but usually it fails before I throw it - and it is so cheap to buy I replace it. You seem to know about its quality. But what is the proof that all of it is western? It says "made in China".

If you are saying that "made in China" stuff is copied from the west, then you and I are saying the same things. I agree with you. That is what I have been saying.

HMS Astute

Chinese villages are disgusting just like most of the villages in developing countries. The best and most romantic villages can be found in only European countries especially in France, Spain, Italy, Germany, UK, Greece, Austria, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and Portugal etc. I have been to all these places, and nobody beats the villages in these countries.

esolve

No. Most of the stuff I use is made in China. Laptop. Router. Electrical switches. Everything. I do feel like throwing it - but usually it fails before I throw it - and it is so cheap to buy I replace it. You seem to know about its quality. But what is the proof that all of it is western? It says "made in China".

If you are saying that "made in China" stuff is copied from the west, then you and I are saying the same things. I agree with you. That is what I have been saying.
Considering that India's economy is consumption and service-based while China's economy is focused in low-wage-low-quality manufacturing, why do Chinese have more cars and smartphones per capita than India? - Quora

read this anwser from an Indian
-------------------------------
It is this 'consumption based economy of India' that can only afford to purchase the lowest quality Chinese products.
My dad has been doing business from China for ~20years and I've seen for myself that if he ever tries to bring the 'better quality' Chinese products, he is bound to suffer a loss in that.

Now, how do you explain why you use electricity, watch movies, and do IT outsourcing for the west? your middle class live in western-style houses?
now let's turn to Bollywood, which is a copy of hollywood.

bennedose

Now, how do you explain why you use electricity, watch movies, and do IT outsourcing for the west? your middle class live in western-style houses?
now let's turn to Bollywood, which is a copy of hollywood.
We buy poor quality electricity from China. Bollywood does not exist - its a lie. How can poor starving people have a movie industry and anyway there is nothing to buy from China in that regard. Even cheap movies are not made in China.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
no they are Chinese-style houses. @Ray posted many pics, which shows that India is building west-style buildings.
And the billionaires, middle class ppl in India are living in west-style buildings
What is a west style building?

Do indicate where India is copying wholesale European buildings and towns that exists as they are doing in China.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles