Vietnam says more Indian warships are welcome to its ports

Galaxy

Country flag
So what about Pakistan, if PRC got control over Gadwar port and pass logistic transport through land route?
Gadwar port is not yet final.

Let us assume, They finalise. The Ratio between Gadwar and our western Fleet will be 1:10. PN don't have single Destroyers, Aircraft carrier and no Nuclear submarine BM. We also be adding Various SAMs and ABM too later. China is smart, They will not indulge in any kind of direct war like situation with India. Only Proxy to divert India in 2 way.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Let me put it this way, an Indian carrier venturing into south china sea is more safer than a chinese carrier (in the future) venturing into India. For one, it will be difficult for a Chinese Task Force to cross Malaccas and come into our region. Who can the the Chinese bank on? Sri Lankans? Burmese? Do they compare with Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Phillipines who all have a problem with China? Do the Sri Lankans have any problems with India in the broader sense like territorial disputes nor do the Burmese. Any future alliances will certainly be more painful for the chinese.
I'm starting to dislike the Lankans Yusuf. It took us 20 days to find out what was happening. And yet it somehow doesn't surprise me. We have inconsistency in both, the surveillance and our foreign policy.
http://defenceforumindia.com/milita...p-tracked-india-found-colombo.html#post306634

Gadwar port is not yet final.
Let us assume, They finalise. The Ratio between Gadwar and our western Fleet will be 1:10. PN don't have single Destroyers, Aircraft carrier and no Nuclear submarine BM. We also be adding Various SAMs and ABM too later. China is smart, They will not indulge in any kind of direct war like situation with India. Only Proxy to divert India in 2 way.
In any case if they do, we'll have to leverage Chabahar sitting like a competing twin to Gwadar port. We may not get as open co-operation from Iran as the Chinese would get from Pakistan, however an alternative must be prepared for contingencies.
OK lets go back to south east Asia, OT already.

Regards,
Virendra

Last edited:

debasree

Country flag
guys why u want to take risk thousand of sailors life for a gamble,and put one of urs vital assets in direct enemy fire ,when our small assets can do the job communist china can loose thousads of life ,nobody will question them,but in democracy people want answers from govt for loosing lifes ,the decesion is urs.

Galaxy

Country flag
SL won't indulge in kind of proxy against India (Even if they don't like India or say We don't like each other after 1,000's of brutal tamil killing).

Bangladesh is real future threat. We are keeping her (hasina) in good humour, so that Pakistan can't play Pan Muslim Card. But, IMO sooner or later, BD could be backstabber. I have serious concern on that.

plugwater

0 as of now, It will be inducted in 2014. It will be operated by INS Arihant. It's not yet inducted. INS Arihant
I know mate and it ll become operational by 2018 only. Missile causes very little damage unless its nuclear, what matters is troops in the ground.

I meant Naval vessels away from homeland are not safe.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
First of all will Vietnam allow a naval vessel with nuke on it to dock on its naval yard?

Galaxy

Country flag
I know mate and it ll become operational by 2018 only.
Not really, It's sea version of Agni-3. It will be inducted once INS Arihant will be inducted (2014 or 2015) 2nd submarine INS Arindham will be also inducted by 2016. Both K-4,K-5 will be MiRV as per past report.

Missile causes very little damage unless its nuclear, what matters is troops in the ground.

I meant Naval vessels away from homeland are not safe.
Obviously, K-15,K-4,K-5 all are Nuke capable.

plugwater

Not really, It's sea version of Agni-3. It will be inducted once INS Arihant will be inducted (2014 or 2015) 2nd submarine INS Arindham will be also inducted by 2016. Both K-4,K-5 will be MiRV as per past report.
Both Agni and K are different. Agni is a ballistic missile, K type is a hybrid of cruise and ballistic.

Obviously, K-15,K-4,K-5 all are Nuke capable.
We are not going to launch nuke first.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i think we should give them things on lease (manned by Indians).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles