VIDEO: Crash that dashed Russia's UAV hopes finally revealed

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Hoops that's really sad to see i wonder how much indian UAV was crashed like this ? :shocked:

plugwater

Rustom crashed once but we succeeded in second try.

Last edited by a moderator:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Rustom is a glorified RC plane, even an back yard American aero enthusiast will do better.

Can DRDO do even this in 1 month?

Last edited by a moderator:

jamwal

Country flag
This forum has it's own share of trolls. In case it escaped your notice, Rustom approximate weight is above 1500 kgs and it's made for endurance and loitering, not high speed and thrills shown in video. Even the current smaller prototype is working well enough.

Coming back to topic, I don't understand how crash of one prototype signals end of whole Russian UAV program. It's just a prototype. Knowledge and people still survived and that's what really matters. Tell me one aircraft design program in world which didn't have it's share of crashes (except LCA).

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
This forum has it's own share of trolls. In case it escaped your notice, Rustom approximate weight is above 1500 kgs and it's made for endurance and loitering, not high speed and thrills shown in video. Even the current smaller prototype is working well enough.

Coming back to topic, I don't understand how crash of one prototype signals end of whole Russian UAV program. It's just a prototype. Knowledge and people still survived and that's what really matters. Tell me one aircraft design program in world which didn't have it's share of crashes (except LCA).
You mean this ways +1500Kgs?

jamwal

Country flag
If you'd have bothered to read the Wiki page, you'd have seen that it is a scale model. Not the actual prototype of RUSTOM, the Indian Unmanned Aerial Combat Vehicle. Wiki also says it's weight as 1800 kg and wingspan 20m.
For size reference just see the video posted above and guess the size of scaled down prototype.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
If you'd have bothered to read the Wiki page, you'd have seen that it is a scale model. Not the actual prototype of RUSTOM, the Indian Unmanned Aerial Combat Vehicle. Wiki also says it's weight as 1800 kg and wingspan 20m.
For size reference just see the video posted above and guess the size of scaled down prototype.
Is it a scale model? It don't even look like what Rustom is advertised as being.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Is it a scale model? It don't even look like what Rustom is advertised as being.

Someone at DRDO's garage said we need a uav model quick, throw an RC plane together!
That's Rustom-1.

What you posted is Rustom-H mock up.

Last edited:

jamwal

Country flag
Armand2REP:
For your own sake, please read up about the things you are talking about before posting. Check how many versions of RUSTOM are there and which one you are talking about. take a look at pictures, links and videos posted in this thread itself if searching on net is out of question.
Apart from all that, if you feel that it's a radio controlled plane bought of the shelf or whatever, you are welcome to keep thinking like that. I thought all drones currently in service are RC :D

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
^^ You like to put words in my mouth? The only observation I made was in reference to your comment...

If you'd have bothered to read the Wiki page, you'd have seen that it is a scale model.
Do you know what a SCALE model is?

jamwal

Country flag
I cant argue with a person who pretends to be blind or stupid

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You can't argue with a person who isn't arguing, but pointing out the absurdity of your comments.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles