VHP's women wing forces art gallery showcasing nudes

average american

Delhi: VHP's women wing forces art gallery showcasing nudes to shut temporarily

New Delhi: An art exhibition at the Delhi Art Gallery, showcasing a retrospective on modern nude art, ran into trouble on Monday night when VHP activists forced it to shut down temporarily. The exhibition was resumed after the organisers sought police protection.

The protests, led by the Durga Vahini, the women wing of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad, objected to the Naked and the Nude exhibition which covers a large span of works ranging from Raja Ravi Verma, Souza, Husain, etc to modernists.

The activists wanted a ban on the show as they said that the nude and obscene paintings portrayed women in a bad light.

Gallery owner Ashish Anand, however, said the exhibition merely explored a popular thematic concept in art.
I am totaly against such art exibitions, do you think you could post some of them on here so I could see what i am against.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
what would sunny leone do if someone has surprise sex with her, would she b surprised? :troll:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha......... think she must be having a big queue in front of her house for having surprise sex.............:rofl::taunt:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Why always women are showed in nude? why don't they make a painting of a nude man, then may be women would not protest and they too may come to see the paintings........:rofl::taunt::taunt1:

jalsa

Bhai, read my next post.........

Please do not misunderstand me and I was just joking.

Even if a woman walks nude on the road it is the individuals perception, the way in which the person understands and reacts to it. But on the safer side we must not encourage public nudity......
If women walk nude on the road regularly it will become a common practice and no one will bother after sometime. Have you noticed how was Indian Society before Muslim Invasion? women hardly wore any cloths.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
If women walk nude on the road regularly it will become a common practice and no one will bother after sometime. Have you noticed how was Indian Society before Muslim Invasion? women hardly wore any cloths.
Why women first? why can't men start walking nude?:rofl: :taunt: :lol: :whistle: :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
what would sunny leone do if someone has surprise sex with her, would she b surprised? :troll:
She gets big money for what she does, and would not be interested in liaisons with amateurs.

Wait, I don't know who you are talking about.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Bhai, read my next post.........

Please do not misunderstand me and I was just joking.

Even if a woman walks nude on the road it is the individuals perception, the way in which the person understands and reacts to it. But on the safer side we must not encourage public nudity......
Those are paintings!

btw Khajuraho should be covered & closed forever, right? Its not good for society.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Bhai take it on the funny side.......:taunt:
By that you mean its fine to have Khajuraho's tantric erotic sexual art open for everyone but modern paintings should be prohibited & forcibly closed down ?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
By that you mean its fine to have Khajuraho's tantric erotic sexual art open for everyone but modern paintings should be prohibited & forcibly closed down ?
Bhai, i do not say that we should ban the nude paintings. Understand me, whether or not one displays nude paintings, it is up to the individual who sees them. Who am I to stop them. I am posting only the funnier side.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Bhai, i do not say that we should ban the nude paintings. Understand me, whether or not one displays nude paintings, it is up to the individual who sees them. Who am I to stop them. I am posting only the funnier side.
Leave the individuals at their sake.

I am asking you. Are you fine with those gallery paintings? If not then do you think Khajuraho should also be closed ? I am going to this length because of your initials posts had no 'funny' flavor. Or I am missing something ?

Showing women in nude is not correct........

May be you can display it in a private gallery, but not in a public gallery......

If you ask what is wrong in doing so, then it is like encouraging nudity in public, which will have a bad effect in the public......
You think Khajuraho does not encourage nudity in public ?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Leave the individuals at their sake.

I am asking you. Are you fine with those gallery paintings? If not then do you think Khajuraho should also be closed ? I am going to this length because of your initials posts had no 'funny' flavor. Or I am missing something ?

You think Khajuraho does not encourage nudity in public ?
To understand hat I think, you should understand me. I see nothing in nudity. It is just a body which is in front of me. That body shall be nothing in a matter of time.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
NRJ bhai, get to the funny side. After a long time I am in a joking mood........

binayak95

Country flag
Another holy place where sex is worshiped is the Sun temple at Konark in my state.

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
This is exactly what is wrong with "Hinduism" nowadays. Misinterpretation of history. Hindus have confused their identity and culture with Islamic era suppression of freedom of expression.
The Vedic society was never this prude. At best, such things would have been ignored and people advised not to attend them. But trying to shut the exhibition down is an overkill. Makes us look no better than the retarded Mollahs.
The Obsession of Standardization and defining everything to it core (including Morality) steaming from the Abrahamics has perpetuated into Indic DNA somewhat.

That crap has to be flushed out.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles