Vegetarian & Non-Vegetarian Discussion Thread (myths,facts,knowledge)

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I dont think vegetarianism has anything to do with martial skills or outlook.. Of course non veg diet is excellent for body building..
This is not mandatory as though it becomes bit easier.But again if you go a bit deeper, the % of protein found in meat is not much different from % of meat from non-meat items.
I know quite few bodybuilders who are veggi(eggi's) and their body will be amazing... so if somone starts eating meat on the pretext of "meat means excellent musclular body" then it would be a overall fallacy.Most of the bodybuilders become non-veg because of this fallacy even though many of them want to be veggi and do bodybuilding.If there is somone like those here let me know.

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Curd is technically no-veg food, as it contains bacteria.
That's true and you know what it's IMPOSSIBLE and I say IMPOSSIBLE to live and not eat any "living creature".When you inhale you inhale lot of nano-sized living organisms.So practically even the most strict type of vegetarians aka Vegans are not technically Vegan. So no creature in this world is technically veggi that way.
But again if this is the logic justifying non-veg then it would not be appropiate.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
You took me wrong. iam not saying u must eat meat 24x7. Iam saying those pure veggies who says meat eating is haram. if They come to emergency situation, they will all eat meat.. Jaan sabko payari hoti ha:scared2::scared2:
Are bhai mei samajh gaya.I said I would eat fish for sure.In emergencies meat should be allowed...... just like they show in Man Vs Wild.If those "meat is haram type veggies" do not eat meat then they are open to die in those situation.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Vegetarians need to supplement their diet with vitamin b and they are good to go. Panir, tofu, lentils, milk, curd, soy are good sources of protein.I was vegetarian for almost 2 years previously and went veggie for a few months in 2011.
Question - Its ok to eat meat in sikh religion right?
Depends on personal choice. Imo Sikhs are told to oncern themselves with more important matters/basics, food etc ought to come much later.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Question - Its ok to eat meat in sikh religion right?
Most of my friends are No-Vegiies
Very good question... as far as I know there is no inclination and propogation in Sikhism to eat meat.Sikhs are historically non-veg since mostly were warriors and often lived in jungles where veg food was scarce.Sikh Gurus didn't propogate eating meat but they said if nothing is found except meat then there is nothing wrong to eat meat BUT it needs to be jhatka meat.But the tradition followed and eating meat became common in Sikhs.But there are some sections in Sikhs who are strict veggi and known as Amritdhari Sikhs. I know many Sikhs who are strict veggies even though they are not Amritdhari.
If I am wrong some Sikh expert please put some more light in this topic and provide sources as well.

He he,........One of my cousin also living under the same relationship.

And its quite hilarious to listen to thier discussions. :lol:

No advice can be given over this issue!!

Cheers,

Actually we are All-rounders who could able to eat both like the bears!! :thumb:
Thats right and actually we can decide for ourself what to eat.But unlike bear or any animals we can can grow veg food.

niharjhatn

Being vegan makes you better than most people :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Galaxy

Country flag
What could be % for Veggie and Non-veggie people in India ??

IMO, 40% Indians would be strict Vegetarian (99% from Indian religion only). Just my Guess.

Any survey, poll, statistics which tells the approx. numbers % wise ??

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Being vegan makes you better than most people :D
Are we discussing who is better than who? I think we are discussing "myths,facts,knowledge" only where we can gain knowedge.If you think it's about "I am better than you" then perhaps it's not correct.

Last edited by a moderator:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

IMO, 40% Indians would be strict Vegetarian (99% from Indian religion only). Just my Guess.

Very good question... my estimate (without google search) was 20-30% and that's almost the same and it's about 350 million which is more than the entire population of US.
Vegetarianism by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In India, vegetarianism is usually synonymous with lacto vegetarianism. Most restaurants in India clearly distinguish and market themselves as being either "non-vegetarian", "vegetarian", or "pure vegetarian". Vegetarian restaurants abound, usually, many vegetarian (Shakahari: plant-eater, in Sanskrit) options are available. Animal-based ingredients (other than milk and honey) such as lard, gelatin, and meat stock are not used in the traditional cuisine.

According to the 2006 Hindu-CNN-IBN State of the Nation Survey,[11] 31% of Indians are vegetarians, while another 9% consumes eggs. Among the various communities, vegetarianism was most common among Jains, Brahmins at 55%, and less frequent among Muslims (3%) and residents of coastal states. Other surveys cited by FAO[12] and USDA[13][14] estimate 20%–42% of the Indian population as being vegetarian. These surveys indicate that even Indians who do eat meat, do so infrequently, with less than 30% consuming it regularly, although the reasons are partially economical.[14]

India has devised a system of marking edible products made from only vegetarian ingredients, with a green dot in a green square. A mark of a brown dot in a brown square conveys that some animal-based ingredients were used.[15]

Recent growth in India's organized retail has also been hit by some controversy, because some vegetarians are demanding meatless supermarkets.

Twinblade

Country flag
I eat meat. But I am dating a strict vegetarian. Though she keeps insisting that she has no problems with me cooking meat at home, I find it discomforting and only eat meat when we dine out. I somehow feel this will become a bigger challenge if we decided to make this relationship permanent. Any advice from members who have faced similar situations on how to deal with this is welcome. :)
Despite having a wee bit of experience in this matter and coming from a vegetarian family where all of us siblings chose what kind of food we liked, I'd say its a treacherous slope. Some women in my family married to carnivores (yeah that would be the right term in their case) can cook any kind of flesh despite being vegetarians themselves and some like do eat it but are uncomfortable with raw meat. My own situation is kinda similar to yours :p For now we get over the food part by choosing to get drunk instead but I know its gonna come and bite me in the ass someday later :(

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

That 40% is also high. I would say 20%...mostly in older generation.

Most are only vegetarians in there house...i have few friends who are vegetarians in there house and are then seen eating seekh kebabs in old delhi.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles