Vedic Engineering at IIT Guwahati

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Peter, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Peter

Peter Senior Member Senior Member

Well this is not from a news paper site so I can only provide a FB link to this. My batch-mate who is attending a summer internship at IIT Guwahati had posted this on his FB wall. He is a known DSF(commie) supporter so you can make whatever you want from this picture.

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/arijit.shaw?ref=br_rs

@Mad Indian @Razor

3. Peter

While I do support the revival of our cultural practices and ancient traditions, this thing has irked me a lot.

4. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

This event is being organized by one of the students groups affiliated with ISCON, no politics involved. What is wrong in it?

When I was in campus, during Ramadan few guys dressed like Arabs used to roam around the campus making sure that every Muslim student observed Fast and offered Namaz. We have had Bengali, Oriya, Tamil, Mallu... cultural groups.

In IITs almost everything is permissible as long as Politics is not involved and campus rules are followed.

Engineering and Medical professionals are not supposed to be anti-establishment or anti-government, it is against professional ethics.

5. Rowdy

Rowdy Co ja kurwa czytam! Senior Member

:rofl:
    When I was a student, we used to hide the muslim named atheists from these people

Mad Indian and OneGrimPilgrim like this.
  6. genius

genius Regular Member

Hare Krishna and Vedic engineering? All I have to say is :laugh:

Prabhpada was a nutcase, and I can't believe people still follow this guy. He was a vile, disgusting creature who said very bad things about many other great Indians like Vivekananda, Aurobindo, etc. He was also a racist and sexist. I can post links if anyone requests.

7. PredictablyMalicious

PredictablyMalicious Punjabi Senior Member

Indians (hindus) get wet when they hear the word vedic in any context. It doesn't have to make sense. So I won't be surprised if thousands of students sign up. Btw I love how none of the bullet points even remotely relate to engineering. Wtf?

Rowdy likes this.
  8. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

On this rare occasion I tend to agree with you. Cults like ISCON have Abrahamized themselves so as to make themselves more acceptable in eyes of the western people. These cults and their gurus have limited appeal in eyes of practising Hindus in India.

Most of the followers inside the IIT campuses are those who (including their families) had been affiliated with these organizations before gaining admission into IITs. These cults have hardly been able to gain any follower inside the IIT campus.

9. Rowdy

Rowdy Co ja kurwa czytam! Senior Member

Not to mention they are promising Prasadam ...for a mess ridden fellow....that is like the no1 reason to go. Punya+taste in one.
    Yup. I myself have made fun of ISKON chant sessions...does not mean I am not hindu but yeah...definitely I was very hard on them.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad likes this.
  10. indiatester

indiatester Regular Member

They however make available lots of books that are otherwise hard to find.
    I never could read through their commentary though. That's a bit cultish to my taste.

11. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

Why has it irked you? It was not compulsory, nor during the study-hours?

However, I really really doubt how much this cult of ISCON - as @DingDong rightly put- know about hiondusim? But, the fact is it being organised and financially resourceful may actually have made inroads regarding studies of 'Vedic Engineering' which has been totally ignored by anglophile leftist education system of India. Even if for its own interest, it actually can present some light on the topic, I'd welcome it.

But then, I suspect whether it is just another kind of drive for these cultists to get more uber educated followers in their ranks - in other words an evangelical drive.

12. Razor

Razor CIDs from Tamilnadu Senior Member

Vedic Engg., ISKON... These should ring a bell.

13. PredictablyMalicious

PredictablyMalicious Punjabi Senior Member

This proves that you can't insulate smart people from a stupid and superstitious society. That's why I encourage all smart elites of India to send their kids to the top American universities. Being surrounded by smart people makes you smarter. Being surrounded by stupid people stunts intellectual growth.

14. Peter

Sir,

There is nothing called Vedic engg. That is why it has irked me. Also ISKCON is doing a scam there. I appreciate ISKCON`s endeavors to reach global Hinduism followers but I must point out their wrongdoings.

15. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

Well, I wouldn't know if there was. But I thought it was about the philosophies and mathematics of the vedic period - or what you can call science of vedic period or the ancient India.