Vectra LSV Design back to 1967 ?

pmaitra

Better than Mahindra 550, that thing is useless..
Any particular reason you don't like this one? Of course, Gypsy is better than that, but I have traveled in that (almost certain that was a Mahindra 550), on my way back from Sikkim, when the NH was blocked due to landslide and we have to drive through the mountain roads, often unpaved, in pouring rain. I must say, I admire that jeep. It did a very good job!

pmaitra

This is a Suzuki, but model number or name is not known. Could be a close relative of our own Maurti Suzuki Gypsy.

Yet another Suzuki-mod, in Arizona:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Any particular reason you don't like this one? Of course, Gypsy is better than that, but I have traveled in that (almost certain that was a Mahindra 550), on my way back from Sikkim, when the NH was blocked due to landslide and we have to drive through the mountain roads, often unpaved, in pouring rain. I must say, I admire that jeep. It did a very good job!
Maruti Gypsy King is better coz:

it have more power..
its a petrol works better in cold environment..
Spares for Maruti and maintenance work is better ..
Maruti pickup is better than Mahindra..
Easy and fun to handle than Mahindra..

Mahindra 550 is good but Maruti outclass it in IA..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Apart from Maruti Jeep, TATA Sumo is also good..

But in IA it only used as Ambulance, though it can have many variants and its tuff..

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

Any new updates on the LSV trials for IA,what's going on with it?? :notsure:

Blackwater

will be good chioce if TOT with mahindra and goes into sarkari babus brain
The Sherpa is more of an European analogue for the hummvee, it would be of little use in our narrow twisting mountainous border, though i agree it could have some utility in the deserts and plains.
And BTW who is bringing VECTRA to India?? HINDUJA BROS ???
well i feel that renault Millitary SUV can be good choice as they have JV with mahindra.

its Renault Sherpa

Not practical in India bhai..

kunal, isn't this is same vehicle bought for black cat commandos recently???

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@Blackwater, Indeed yes .. !

But again small number are procured for NSG (Black cats ) to operate only over major Urban areas where Roads are wide enough for such a vehicle ..

Its not practical over vast majority of Indian terrain, Imagine such a vehicle moving inside Solan and had to make quick turns over single lanes .. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

@Blackwater, Indeed yes .. !

But again small number are procured for NSG (Black cats ) to operate only over major Urban areas where Roads are wide enough for such a vehicle ..

Its not practical over vast majority of Indian terrain, Imagine such a vehicle moving inside Solan and had to make quick turns over single lanes .. :p

sir ji i got holiday apartment in solan. roads are wide enough for that.

on topic, IA needs wide track powerful SUV like that. i will not be surprised if there is followup order or local TOT production by Renault:namaste::namaste:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Nope, I have seen the vehicle upclose and been on those roads too, It wont do unless the vehicle get inside someone house or over the cliff ..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles