Uttar Pradesh Village bans listening to music on mobile phones

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Vikramaditya, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Vikramaditya

Vikramaditya Regular Member

The ‘Talibani’ village panchayats in Uttar Pradesh are getting bolder by the day and issuing ludicrous diktats in the name of dealing with ‘social ills’.
    In the latest ‘fatwa’, the panchayat of Ghatampur village in Saharanpur district has decreed that any youth — male or female — spotted listening to music on the mobile phone would be hit with a shoe five times and will
    also have to pay a fine of `1,500 to the panchayat. The punishment
    would be doubled for repeating the “crime”.
    Mohammad Ayub, the sarpanch of the Muslim-dominated village, confirmed that the decision was taken at a meeting held at a local mosque
    on Monday evening. He claimed it was to “prevent our children from listening to vulgar music” aired by private radio stations.
    “While listening to vulgar music on the mobile phone, they not only ignore traffic but also learn many bad things which are dished out by private radio stations.
    “These radio stations also help boys and girls in getting connected. We have every right to protect our children from such a culture,” Ayub said.
    The panchayat’s diktats are not restricted to music only.
    “Obscene MMS on mobile phones is another immoral act which we want to prevent. We have also banned drinking and smoking in the village. Our
    daughters and women of the village have been asked to stop going to shops alone.
    “We have formed a committee of 12 village elders to ensure that the orders are followed meticulously and a penalty is imposed on those who violate them,” the sarpanch said.
    The panchayat’s decision has the villagers’ support. “There was not a single villager who opposed the decision. Even girls are supporting us. Maybe some boys are annoyed, but we will teach them to follow the panchayat’s orders,” Mohammad Salim, a villager, said.
    In a message to the administration to stay off the matter, he said: “It is our internal matter and we hope that the administration will respect our sentiment.”
    Nazma Bano, a local student, said: “There is no problem in following the instructions. But their decision to beat the youths with shoes sounds a little objectionable. Hope they will rationalise their diktat.”

Read more: Village bans listening to music on mobile phones... On pain of being hit with a shoe | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Village bans listening to music on mobile phones... On pain of being hit with a shoe | Mail Online:frusty::frusty::frusty:

maomao likes this.
  3. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Re: Village bans listening to music on mobile phones... On pain of being hit with a s

And authorities are waiting to get this news reported instead of doing what ?

4. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

Satanic cell phone. :sad:

maomao and parijataka like this.
  5. Kunal Biswas

Kunal Biswas Member of the Year 2011 Moderator

Chinese cell phones with irritating sound..

LurkerBaba likes this.
  6. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

another 'fatwa'?!!!!!! is it India?? and most disturbing is everybody keeps mum lest they fall from the eyes of secularists of the nation. I'm getting really afraid what if someday I would have to forego shaving lest I be beaten up!!!

Tshering22, mki and maomao like this.
  7. chase

chase Tihar Jail Banned

muslim dominated village :ranger:

do you guys remember that village where they banned women to go out alone?...it was also a muslim dominated area

Shariah law is sneaking into india from backdoor,hope the seculars note this otherwise half of india will become another pakistan or afghanistan

maomao, mki and Razor like this.
  8. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

Psssst.... Don't post this sort of news!! Don't you know, these are secular matters of secular people in a secular village of a state ruled by a secular government, in a secular country.

Folk hero, mki, Razor and 1 other person like this.
  9. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

People have a very short term memory. Years before similar tale from West Bengal Murshidabad district since 2006

The Telegraph - Calcutta : Bengal

maomao likes this.
  10. chase

chase Tihar Jail Banned

Welcome to the Islamic Republic of Hindustan!

maomao likes this.
  11. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

One wonders has it not already become one?!!! How else a person like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakir_Naikis still roaming free, supporting Al Queda, propagating violence!!! And building institution, no less, to teach his view to more?!!!!!!!!!

Tshering22, chase and maomao like this.
  12. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

And people think why radical hindu groups [email protected] power of such people should be seized irrespective of religion and should be put in black list of citizens who don't get all the benefits.A virtual jail should be created for such jerks.Then they can understand how independence is valuable.

jackprince, mki and maomao like this.
  13. ani82v

ani82v Senior Member Senior Member

I remember some 10 years back, there was a report on NDTV by a reporter in UP village, where TV was banned decreed by the village elders.

The journalist was all gung ho that how it will improve productivity for house hold women who waste time watching soap opera and how children's marks are improved because they can't watch TV and are saved from bad influence.

I was quite innocent then and bought the story. :noidea:
    Only years later did I had that aha moment when I recalled that it was all Muslim village. :)

maomao likes this.
  14. sly

sly Regular Member

Well I think people are free to listen to whatever they want on their mobile phones as long as they are doing it using a pair of headphones or headsets. But I think there should be a ban on them playing it out on their mobile speakers in public places like busses and trains. If I hear an another old hindi song playing on crappy chinese mobile speakers I wouldn’t mind hitting the F***** with a shoe five times

jackprince likes this.
  15. chase

chase Tihar Jail Banned

Excuse me but these people are not those sophisticated sobs who are annoyed by someone listening it loud on their speakers,these are primitive animals (taliban type) who will shout "Freedom go to hell" and they don't give a dime about your personal liberty.Haven't you read the article? The fatwa simply delegitimize listening music with our without ear phones.And get some shoes on your face if you dare do!

That's Shariah for you.

Fortunately in this land of islamic appeasers and seculars there is still a majority community(though these evil hindus are considered the reason for all the india's problems,these hindus very imaginatively also 'oppress the innocent muslims' according to the seculars) which is keeper of the constitution.If it was not for these evil hindus then these mullahs would be decapitating their ears not just throwing shoes.
    Evil hindus!! how dare they oppose shariah!

[​IMG]

maomao likes this.
  16. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

This will also be the condition of Bharatvarsh if we let Muslims like Lalu, Mulayam and Digvijay hold on to power anymore. It is time to vote for a truly Hindu Nationalist party, and hell, if BJP cannot prove to be one, then we need to look at our alternatives.
    We will not lose in a decade what our ancestors managed to create and hold on to for the last 5000 years. To hell with pseudo-secularism.
    The only secular state possible in this land is a Hindu Rashtra and nothing less than that will do.

maomao likes this.
  17. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

A fatwa is an Islamic advisory.

The panchayat has not issued a 'fatwa' as such since it does not have the authority to do so.

It is given a diktat and the diktat is illegal in law as it transcends the fundamentals of the Constitution.

Though this is an illegal suggestion of mine, yet to keep up with the idiocy of the Panchayat Head and match his pronouncement it is the head of the panchayat himself that requires 5 shoe beating (preferably with the old pattern Army hobnailed boot) and fined Rs 1500/-

18. Ankit Purohit

Ankit Purohit Senior Member Senior Member

kamoriya kamoriya laba lob lagi pop lagi lo

19. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Try to condemn church ban on football on sundays in Mizoram.

I dare you.

20. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I have already done that!

A stupid, inane and antediluvian edict by silly Church dadas.

The idea of resting on Sundays is steeped in religious allegory only to ensure that people (labour) are not slogged to work all through the week without some rest.

It was relevant in those times and not relevant today since many also have Saturdays off!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    maomao likes this.
  21. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

There is a thekedari contest all over. Some seeking publicity or some plain idiots.

Mohammed Rafi has given thousands of hits including bhajans and is listened to my all including Muslims. The face of such songs the actors over the years have included Muslims.

The more publicity these guys are given, the more they revel.

The biggest culprit is the media which gives all these people publicity they seek to expand their "fan following". For media its TRPs and number of copies sold.

maomao, blank_quest and Ray like this.