Uttar Pradesh on alert: MP police warn of ‘spectacular attacks by ISI-trained sadhus’

vayuu1

Country flag
Uttar Pradesh police tightened security in all districts on Saturday following intelligence inputs that “anti-national elements” dressed like Hindu saints were planning to carry out “spectacular” attacks at prominent religious sites and public places in the state.

The inputs, provided by Madhya Pradesh police, said the 17-18 men had been trained by Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence in Hindu religious practices, and might try to blend into the local populace before carrying out strikes.

“A group of 17-18 anti-national elements, trained in Hindu rituals, is planning a spectacular incident at prominent religious sites and other sensitive spots in the guise of sadhus,” the letter issued by additional director general of MP police read.

The alert comes roughly a month after Hindu hardline leader Yogi Adityanath took over as chief minister of the state, and two days after UP’s anti-terrorist squad busted a suspected terror module along with sleuths from five other states.

New UP director general of police, Sulkhan Singh, who took over on Saturday, said he “won’t be able to comment immediately on a specific issue”. “But, I can assure you that we are capable of neutralising any threat,” Singh told HT.

A senior official said police tightened security in crowded places as well as important pilgrimages such as Ayodhya, Mathura and Varanasi. Besides, he said, additional security personnel were deployed at Taj Mahal in Agra, the high court in Allahabad and its Lucknow bench, the assembly and secretariat buildings and other important government offices in Lucknow.

Later in the evening, the state ATS’ IG Aseem Arun told ANI that the “hype is unnecessary” and that the security agencies are always on alert.

The MP police letter referred to a 2016 incident in which eight suspected members of the banned Students Islamic Movement if India (Simi) had also assumed the guise of Hindus to escape attention. The men were killed after escaping from a jail in Madhya Pradesh last year.

The document also cited the example of Gaus Mohammad, a suspected terrorist who was found living under a Hindu name, Karan Khatri, in Lucknow in March. “In February, intelligence agencies in the state were tipped off about four dozen terrorists sneaking into UP through the porous border with Nepal,” read the letter.

Some of these people, intelligence agencies believe, were specially trained by the ISI to fox security forces’ attention by their saffron clothes and knowledge of Hindu scriptures and practices.

“In the past as well, we have information about ISI’s “Operation Krishna India” in which the agency would send its agents in the guise of Hindus saints,” the letter added.

Meanwhile, a Lucknow court allowed eight-day police remand of the two suspected terrorists Ahtesham-ul-Haq and Mohammad Faizan to UP’s anti terrorist squad (ATS) .

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Indian agnecies should deal with Pakistan, they are in fanatic mode. They will do anything to create chaos here and there by destabilize our administration.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Indian agnecies should deal with Pakistan, they are in fanatic mode. They will do anything to create chaos here and there by destabilize our administration.
what's new in this sirji?
it's us who behave after every incident that as if every thing is happening for the first time.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...k-indias-fury-report/articleshow/58118554.cms

I don't think they will be so stupid. If they still do, Diwali jaldi ayegi.
issue is not that whether fury will be unleashed.
even if we assume some sort of retaliation will happen incase of such an event, will the indian govt has the appetite to solve any of the fundamental problems? the answer is no, there will be no strategic response, at best only tactical responses.

so it will end up being more of the same.

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
I just cant shake off the feeling that our good friend the Col has broken his chest of secrets

TheSeeker

Plz provide source for reference and also to spread it through whatsapp

Uttar Pradesh police tightened security in all districts on Saturday following intelligence inputs that “anti-national elements” dressed like Hindu saints were planning to carry out “spectacular” attacks at prominent religious sites and public places in the state.

The inputs, provided by Madhya Pradesh police, said the 17-18 men had been trained by Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence in Hindu religious practices, and might try to blend into the local populace before carrying out strikes.

“A group of 17-18 anti-national elements, trained in Hindu rituals, is planning a spectacular incident at prominent religious sites and other sensitive spots in the guise of sadhus,” the letter issued by additional director general of MP police read.

The alert comes roughly a month after Hindu hardline leader Yogi Adityanath took over as chief minister of the state, and two days after UP’s anti-terrorist squad busted a suspected terror module along with sleuths from five other states.

New UP director general of police, Sulkhan Singh, who took over on Saturday, said he “won’t be able to comment immediately on a specific issue”. “But, I can assure you that we are capable of neutralising any threat,” Singh told HT.

A senior official said police tightened security in crowded places as well as important pilgrimages such as Ayodhya, Mathura and Varanasi. Besides, he said, additional security personnel were deployed at Taj Mahal in Agra, the high court in Allahabad and its Lucknow bench, the assembly and secretariat buildings and other important government offices in Lucknow.

Later in the evening, the state ATS’ IG Aseem Arun told ANI that the “hype is unnecessary” and that the security agencies are always on alert.

The MP police letter referred to a 2016 incident in which eight suspected members of the banned Students Islamic Movement if India (Simi) had also assumed the guise of Hindus to escape attention. The men were killed after escaping from a jail in Madhya Pradesh last year.

The document also cited the example of Gaus Mohammad, a suspected terrorist who was found living under a Hindu name, Karan Khatri, in Lucknow in March. “In February, intelligence agencies in the state were tipped off about four dozen terrorists sneaking into UP through the porous border with Nepal,” read the letter.

Some of these people, intelligence agencies believe, were specially trained by the ISI to fox security forces’ attention by their saffron clothes and knowledge of Hindu scriptures and practices.

“In the past as well, we have information about ISI’s “Operation Krishna India” in which the agency would send its agents in the guise of Hindus saints,” the letter added.

Meanwhile, a Lucknow court allowed eight-day police remand of the two suspected terrorists Ahtesham-ul-Haq and Mohammad Faizan to UP’s anti terrorist squad (ATS) .

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I guess they want to prove 'Hindu terrorist' narrative as there has been no serious terror incident done by hindu community.

Also,This can give political mileage to various political parties,especially Communist and AAP.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
issue is not that whether fury will be unleashed.
even if we assume some sort of retaliation will happen incase of such an event, will the indian govt has the appetite to solve any of the fundamental problems? the answer is no, there will be no strategic response, at best only tactical responses.

so it will end up being more of the same.
Mate I think if they do something " spectacular " the response will not be limited. Check out the times of India news which I attached in my previous post.
And also Indian armed forces procured many low shelf lives ordinance and gears since the last attack. So they might put them to the use.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Mate I think if they do something " spectacular " the response will not be limited. Check out the times of India news which I attached in my previous post.
And also Indian armed forces procured many low shelf lives ordinance and gears since the last attack. So they might put them to the use.
Any military action short of taking PoK back is a tactical response.

Even surgical strike was a tactical response.

Flame Thrower

Guys, I think our Intelligence had destroyed ISI plans.....most probably caught everyone(atleash heads/handlers) involved in this or any similar kind of incident.

Now the question is why publish these warnings!!??

These warnings are to kill the morale of these sleeper cells (either involved in this incident or not). These warnings not only confuse the heads in Rawalpindi, they might not think of using similar attacks in the near future.

I could be wrong too....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles