Uttar Pradesh: 685 crore for a park, 18 crore for encephalitis

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by The Messiah, Oct 15, 2011.

1. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati will inaugurate a Rs. 685-crore park in Noida today with an impressive posse of 2500 policemen and about 40,000 BSP workers in attendance.

From about 750 km away in the same state come some more sombre statistics: More than 400 children have died in and around Gorakhpur in eastern UP this year of the deadly Japanese encephalitis, and the Mayawati government has sanctioned Rs. 18 crore to combat the menace.

The Uttar Pradesh human rights commission has now sought an explanation on the rampant spread of the killer disease in the area and asked the government to spell out the steps it is taking to control it.

Justice Vishnu Sahai, a member of the state human rights commission, has taken suo motu cognizance of media reports and issued notices to senior officials of the UP administration, including the Chief Secretary. "I make no bones in observing that if the facts in media reports are true then the people's right to health and medical aid is being blatantly violated," Mr Sahai said.

The statistics continue to get more alarming. In the last 33 years there have been about 50,000 deaths, 430 have died this year and the numbers are increasing every day. People from villages around Gorakhpur say there has been no fogging or vaccination as children continue to fall ill and die. Despite the virus spreading fast in new areas, 33,000 vaccines are still lying unused.

Officials say poor villagers living along the entire eastern UP belt are now prey to the illness, with the virus spreading 20 to 30 kms every year.

3. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

She closed a 20 km highway for 6 hours yesterday even though she was to arrive by helicopter and the park ain't all that pretty either. Hope the next guy breaks every fvcking statue she has erected and makes a hospital or even a disco in its place.

nrj and trojan like this.
  4. agentperry

agentperry Senior Member Senior Member

people wanted MAYA raj over congress now enjoy!!!! die perverts.

5. The Messiah

I bet the park could have been made in 6 crores let alone 100 times that.

6. Param

Param Senior Member Senior Member

Then hope Mulayam wins.:D

7. The Messiah

UP is better of with either congress or bjp.

Dovah likes this.
  8. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

India:
    • 70,000 crore for "Commonwealth Games" (an event that lasted a few weeks, got more bad press internationally than good press)
    • 22,300 crore for Ministry of Health & Family Welfare 2010-11 (Plan allocation) source
    I won't even get into other national poverty-related statistics where governments other than UP, many of them Congress-ruled, have failed even harder.

9. trojan

trojan Regular Member

he's a bigger scum than this maya bitch. with amar singh gone there's no chance of SP coming back in UP.

10. trojan

trojan Regular Member

unfortunately neither congress nor bjp have much chances of forming govt in UP. cong's is negligible. bjp can hope of forming govt by coalition ( with SP??? BSP??? ) .

only party who can have clear majority "unfortunately" is BSP :(

BEHEN (KI L****) MAYAWATI has a massive vote bank. illleterate villagers blindly vote for her. they have the "HAATHI" pre-programmed into their brains.

BJP is an urban party in UP. I dont think there's much support for bjp in rural areas + they dont do efforts + UP BJP president rajnath singh is a twat.

what worries me is what will happen to my state if BSP comes to power again.apart from corruption and mismanagement probably half of UP's villages and towns will be named ambedkar nagar (many are already). all universities and colleges would be ambedkar(many already), gautum buddh, maha'maya' ( UP tech university is now mahamaya univ) or chatrapati sahuji maharaj univ (who the fcuk he was???) lko's famous KGMC and Kanpur univ are already CSJM. we can have some more of these ambedkar parks in every district of UP with Behenji's statue along with his romeo Kanshiram.

11. The Messiah

Apart from delhi my only other home has been in UP. The state is worse off than bihar not only economically but also has more criminals roaming around like dons and doing there deed. Regional parties like sp and bsp have ruined UP more than congress or bjp could ever do. Caste and religion based politics is also most played in UP than any other state.

BSP will get the most seats with SP trailing them.

12. sandeepdg

sandeepdg Senior Member Senior Member

So two UP wallahs here, Trojan and Messiah ! :) Well, I also stayed in Ghaziabad and Lucknow for 6 years. The state of UP currently is much worse than Bihar under Nitish Kumar's government.

13. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

Yet media attention is focused on Modi in the name of secularism while the sickularist brigade (barkha dutt, mahesh bhatt) are mum on the park of Mayawati.
    This woman is a curse for India

14. sandeepdg

Not exactly India, but more of curse for the people of UP. What she spent on those damn parks could have done a lot for the people of one of the poorest and least developed states in India.

15. The Messiah

You've stayed in UP more than me :D

Earlier in summer vacations we used to go ancestral home in UP.

16. sandeepdg

Okay. Where's your ancestral home by the way ?

Actually, I spend a considerable time in Ghaziabad only, 5 years. I was in Lucknow for just a year. Liked the city though, the only place worth living in UP other than Noida.

17. The Messiah

Place that is known for its knives.

18. trojan

trojan Regular Member

i from lucknow. yes you are right that it's the only place worth living in UP apart from NOIDA which comes in NCR region.
    lucknow developed a lot during BJP's rule when vajpayeeji was PM . he was MP from lko.

i studied in ghaziabad. though it comes under NCR, it is awful, apart from areas adjoining delhi (vaishali,indrapuram etc.)

19. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

What does secularism have to do with this?

The Messiah likes this.
  20. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

What I'm referring to is the obsession of some to in their quest for so called secularism has diverted the attention from serious issues.Trying to give modi a trial by media rather opening their eyes to such wastage of resources by an ego maniac cm.

Don't you think that such news should make it to the headline rather controversies that Modi refused a muslim cap??

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
    trojan likes this.
  21. trojan

trojan Regular Member

thats the worst part. most in UP (illiterates) will vote as caste and religion being the agenda and not development. dalits will vote for mayawati, yadavs for mulayam singh, muslims will never vote for BJP , most middle class (BJP vote bank) dont bother to vote.

gullible people of UP easily fall for caste and religion trap. mayawati knows very well how to play this card. b!tch is now advocating quotas even to high castes, jatts and muslims ahead of the elections.