Using culture to hegemonise people

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Yeah I know which is why assert our claim to it and our heritage of it strongly. And surprise surprise many RW supporters don't seem to have the balls to call this BS for what it is.
I sometimes do not understand this foot in mouth strategy of BJP ministers. They can keep their mouth shut and let people assume whatever they want. It would help more for RW!

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
this epic durgati of Yog could've happened only in this country! it has been sterilised and watered down to such an extent that for the likes of Jha its not much different from Pankration; expect another 'scholarly' book from this 'eminent' historian soon where he would 'conclusively' show hymns from the Vedas that tell how ancient Hatha Yogis did their practices and performed salutations towards none other than Greek Gods, and hence 'prove' that Yog was after all a Greek export! and then His Secular Highness Rahul Gandhi & all his national coterie too would start with Helios Namaskaar with all due respect!

P.S. - just imagine the scenario if it somehow comes in the public domain (ie, twitter et al) for our media to gnaw and sermonise on, that the Prophet (duniya mein ek hi to hai) had met with Guru Gorakshanath and probably been under his tutelage for sometime formally or informally and had learnt some practices from him, or that some Muslim shamans make use of 'Hindu' deities and yantras in their practices, or that Muslims too consult Vedic astrologers and the likes (then these would no more be 'crazy superstitions', you see)...one can very well visualise the bhokaali situation(s) that will result then.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I mean why screw up everything. Yoga is Hindu and if you cannot say it with proud, there is no need for secular Yoga day. Anyway, Yoga is much more popular in the west and there are enough scoundrels who make money out of it by stripping it off its roots. It is not about stupid postures, being sold as Yoga everywhere.

Look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_claims_on_Bikram_Yoga
The FIRST screw up is this Yoga and then patenting the Asan's.

Even Indians have started calling it Yoga and not Yog which I find pathetic.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
The FIRST screw up is this Yoga and then patenting the Asan's.

Even Indians have started calling it Yoga and not Yog which I find pathetic.
we depend on western exports to have some puny sense of uniformity & pride in ourselves.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
we depend on western exports to have some puny sense of uniformity & pride in ourselves.
These foreigners do not even know where the hell this Yog originate, some claim it's American.

There is some madness and fashion in the West about Yog and now it's coming back here and hey now we remember we originate it.

Now it's more important since it's extremely famous in the West now. :dude:

Khagesh

I think this movie could likely unite all the saffronite. The angst of a Hindu terrorist. From the maker of Chanakya and Upanishad Ganga, Chandraprakash Diwedi.

Also seems like the heavy use of cussing got some Hindutva organizations worried. They sought clarification and seems convincing.

If this needs cross posting any place else please let me know.

I think I will watch.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
I think this movie could likely unite all the saffronite. The angst of a Hindu terrorist. From the maker of Chanakya and Upanishad Ganga, Chandraprakash Diwedi.

Also seems like the heavy use of cussing got some Hindutva organizations worried. They sought clarification and seems convincing.

I think I will watch.
thanks for sharing this!...................

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag

I think I will watch.
Khagesh ji, if you are on BRF, could you please it there? i just read an idea posted there by a member about 'comics journalism' on topics like the exodus of Kashmiri Pandits, the Bangla genocide of 1971, etc., and thought may be posting about this too would be relevant.
if you are not present there, then please allow me to post.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles