Use of Drones in Civilian/Commercial Sector in India

Discussion in 'Economy & Infrastructure' started by Indx TechStyle, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Indx TechStyle

Indx TechStyle Perfaarmance Naarmal Senior Member

Indian govt's plan to legalise drone use stuck in regulatory maze
    The home ministry has asked the DGCA to regulate the use of drones, but the civil aviation regulator said it will be difficult with its current resources.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Indx TechStyle

First I heard about a Pizzeria in Mumbai using drones to deliver (later they were stopped by police because security concerns).

But as it is now getting formalized, this thread will be used for tracking the use and drone market.:)

4. Indx TechStyle

5. Indx TechStyle

6. Indx TechStyle

Gujarat teen designs drone to detect land mines, bags MoU from govt worth Rs 5 cr
    The drone can send out waves up to eight square meters while it is two feet above ground level.
    BY: EXPRESS WEB DESK | NEW DELHI |Published On:January 13, 2017 3:18 PM[​IMG]

7. Diya Sharma

Diya Sharma New Member

I recently came across an article that says this drone was not actually made by him and that he just made some minor modifications to the design. I'm attaching the link of the article and want to know what you guys think about it.

I agree that he might have purchased the hardware as making a drone from scratch is not a job that 1 person alone can do, however, there are a lot of factors in play such as coming up with the actual use of the product, designing the interface, and modifying the drone to increase its payload capacity.

8. Tanmay

Tanmay Regular Member

The hobby drones (usually quadcopters) are made from BLDC motors , LiPo batteries, a carbon fibre frame, micro controllers, RC remotes etc. Add-ons like camera , gps, POV accesories are added.
    Now all these components are usually made in china. What I have usually l usually observe is that people just purchase these components , build the drone( even the codes and building instructions are available ). This ready made modules / codes allow automatic return to base, real time video.

So there's no RnD. Just screw drivergiri.
    Unless you make your own algos for threat detection / classification etc take these projects with pinch of salt. Even the DRDO Netra drone pales in front of Chinese commercial dji phantoms . The chinis have built the entire eco system for manufacturing the necessary components.