USA Thinktank: We don't need the Indians as much as they think we do

sonofindia

Basics of American politics

Before you make judgement about who is good to India..Democrats or Republicans...you need to understand the basics. Democratic party is liberal, much less racist, more pro social justice and broadminded . Republicans are pro rich, tend to be religious fanatics and more racist, narrow minded and more arrogant. Indian-Americans tend to be fiscally conservative but socially liberal.....so they have difficulty falling into any of the two party value system. Overall, Indian Americans women favor democrats and Indian American men are divided between two parties equally. Democratic party is very influenced by Jews supported by Blacks. Republicans are whites with support from many latinos.
When it comes to policy towards India...USA had a policy of using Pakistan against India , using Taiwan against China, South Korea against North Korea and so on. Basically, using a smaller nation to cause trouble to larger nation and thus, keeping it under pressure.
Lately, Pakistan due to its double game and religious fanaticism causing intense Anti-Americanism has lost much of its use for USA and ,in fact has become USA's headache. So, Pakistan can not be used to control India anymore. Pakistan is looking to China to replace USA as its"new Master" and offering itself as a useful ally for China to trouble India. India in the meantime, has become economically and militarily stronger. Jews has tremendous influence on US foreign policy due to their money power and control of American Media. There are total 14 million Jews in the entire World and 7 million of them live in USA. These 14 million Jews are pitted against 1.2 billion Muslims of the World. So, they need support of Hindus of India to even out the weakness of their numbers against their enemies ,Muslims. India needs to keep getting militarily stronger so neither China nor USA can use Pakistan against it.

no smoking

Country flag
The #1 threat to USA is China and USA is forming allies and proxies for this. If Chinese are ignorant
To this better for USA to achieve it's goals against china.
No, China is #1 potential threat to USA dominance in the world, but far from mature yet.

So far, china's military capacity cannot even take over taiwan if USA decids to step in, let alone the east aisa or south east asia.

There is no way that chinese navy can reach india ocean in next 20 years, then why USA need india's support to contain china?

Don't overestimate yourself!

Country flag
No, China is #1 potential threat to USA dominance in the world, but far from mature yet.

So far, china's military capacity cannot even take over taiwan if USA decids to step in, let alone the east aisa or south east asia.

There is no way that chinese navy can reach india ocean in next 20 years, then why USA need india's support to contain china?

Don't overestimate yourself!
Learn how to read. Where have I said that? Either way a threat is a threat and USA is
preparing for it before it matures and India should not overestimate itself but fully
be on USA's side when it comes to containing china. Since it does not matter to USA
it won't mean anything to China. This is the kind of arrogance by the Chinese which
will help them win against USA in the future.

Last edited:
Country flag
Before you make judgement about who is good to India..Democrats or Republicans...you need to understand the basics. Democratic party is liberal, much less racist, more pro social justice and broadminded . Republicans are pro rich, tend to be religious fanatics and more racist, narrow minded and more arrogant. Indian-Americans tend to be fiscally conservative but socially liberal.....so they have difficulty falling into any of the two party value system. Overall, Indian Americans women favor democrats and Indian American men are divided between two parties equally. Democratic party is very influenced by Jews supported by Blacks. Republicans are whites with support from many latinos.
When it comes to policy towards India...USA had a policy of using Pakistan against India , using Taiwan against China, South Korea against North Korea and so on. Basically, using a smaller nation to cause trouble to larger nation and thus, keeping it under pressure.
Lately, Pakistan due to its double game and religious fanaticism causing intense Anti-Americanism has lost much of its use for USA and ,in fact has become USA's headache. So, Pakistan can not be used to control India anymore. Pakistan is looking to China to replace USA as its"new Master" and offering itself as a useful ally for China to trouble India. India in the meantime, has become economically and militarily stronger. Jews has tremendous influence on US foreign policy due to their money power and control of American Media. There are total 14 million Jews in the entire World and 7 million of them live in USA. These 14 million Jews are pitted against 1.2 billion Muslims of the World. So, they need support of Hindus of India to even out the weakness of their numbers against their enemies ,Muslims. India needs to keep getting militarily stronger so neither China nor USA can use Pakistan against it.
India Americans were the second biggest contributors to Obama's campaign.
They should not be so ignorant if they are going to throw their money away but
see what party serves their interest best.

pmaitra

LF, I get the impression there is a schism between the interests of Indian Americans and those of Indians.

I am not particularly hopeful that Indian Americans will see any particular justification to migrate to the GOP en masse. Furthermore, whenever Indians become Indian-Americans, their priorities change, with exceptions of course, due to close ties that most share with their homeland.

Country flag
LF, I get the impression there is a schism between the interests of Indian Americans and those of Indians.

I am not particularly hopeful that Indian Americans will see any particular justification to migrate to the GOP en masse. Furthermore, whenever Indians become Indian-Americans, their priorities change, with exceptions of course, due to close ties that most share with their homeland.
i agree PM i have seen this for almost 4 decades now with no change. But Indian Americans need to look
out for their own interests firstly as American citizens and also think or consider the motherland once in a blue moon.
Indians have a strong US lobby but maybe Indian govt is throwing money away in the wrong places?

Last edited:

pmaitra

i agree PM i have seen this for almost 4 decades now with no change. But Indian Americans need to look
out for their own firstly as American citizens and also think or consider the motherland once in a blue moon.
Indians have a strong US lobby but maybe Indian govt is throwing money away in the wrong places?
True LF.

Also, when it comes to the Indian government, I doubt whether they are entertaining PoI (persons of Indian origin) out of love or fraternal sentiments. They are doing it purely for monetary gains, investments to be precise. Similarly, many Indian Americans, are doing exactly what will benefit them, and could give a tuppence about their homeland (again, there are exceptions). If my observation is even largely correct, then what the the Indian government is doing, aptly reflects what Indian Americans are doing, and vice versa.

There is a saying: Baap ka Beta, Sipahi ka Ghoda, Sab kuchh nahin, to thoda thoda!

P.S.: Pardon me if I sound like a self hater.

Country flag
True LF.

Also, when it comes to the Indian government, I doubt whether they are entertaining PoI (persons of Indian origin) out of love or fraternal sentiments. They are doing it purely for monetary gains, investments to be precise. Similarly, many Indian Americans, are doing exactly what will benefit them, and could give a tuppence about their homeland (again, there are exceptions). If my observation is even largely correct, then what the the Indian government is doing, aptly reflects what Indian Americans are doing, and vice versa.

There is a saying: Baap ka Beta, Sipahi ka Ghoda, Sab kuchh nahin, to thoda thoda!

P.S.: Pardon me if I sound like a self hater.
India as a nation has internationalized in a very unique way when you think about it,
they did it more or less on their own as a nation without even utilizing 5% of the
NRI resources they have IMO. With 40 million NRI's around the globe there is a
vast pool if Indian govt opens their eyes and taps.

Last edited:

pmaitra

India as a nation has internationalized in a very unique way when you think about it,
they did it more or less on their own as a nation without even utilizing 5% of the
NRI resources they have IMO. With 40 million NRI's around the globe there is a
vast pool if Indian govt opens their eyes and taps.
Absolutely.

I could put myself in that position (although, I am by no means wealthy), and think that I am an India American investor considering investing in India to give something back to my motherland. The following things will come into my mind:
  • Local Politics.
  • Bureaucracy.
  • Slow judiciary and delays due to litigation.
  • Corruption with the police, politicians, civil servant, etc..
  • Lack of infrastructure, especially in places such as, Chhota Nagpur region, i.e. rich in mineral wealth.
  • The likes of Arundhati Roy, Medha Patkar, Mamata Banerjee.

No, I don't ask for any special treatment because I am from the US or UK. All I want is trasnparency, fair-play and honesty. India cannot afford that to many investors, unless they are the likes of Robert-Bosch or Honda.

The government, even if they opened their eyes to the mess India is in right now, that would be good enough to attract PoIs to invest back there.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Wait a second where are the America-philes? Adux, asianobserve ... you guys in hibernation?

Defining partnership of the century , my ass.
Yo right here.

What this guy says is not cast in stone.

That they need us there is no doubt about. This guy seems bitter about nuclear deal not materializing. Other than that India is working on how I evolve it's relations with the US. We are not Britain which the US has to realize. That's the problem with people with old mindset. This guy has to realize that they will not get a poodle in India.

China is a binding factor for both countries. Wait an watch.

pmaitra

Yusuf, where do you stand between the horse and the elephant?

Country flag
Yo right here.

What this guy says is not cast in stone.

That they need us there is no doubt about. This guy seems bitter about nuclear deal not materializing. Other than that India is working on how I evolve it's relations with the US. We are not Britain which the US has to realize. That's the problem with people with old mindset. This guy has to realize that they will not get a poodle in India.

China is a binding factor for both countries. Wait an watch.
your enemy's enemy is your friend.

Country flag
Absolutely.

I could put myself in that position (although, I am by no means wealthy), and think that I am an India American investor considering investing in India to give something back to my motherland. The following things will come into my mind:
  • Local Politics.
  • Bureaucracy.
  • Slow judiciary and delays due to litigation.
  • Corruption with the police, politicians, civil servant, etc..
  • Lack of infrastructure, especially in places such as, Chhota Nagpur region, i.e. rich in mineral wealth.
  • The likes of Arundhati Roy, Medha Patkar, Mamata Banerjee.

No, I don't ask for any special treatment because I am from the US or UK. All I want is trasnparency, fair-play and honesty. India cannot afford that to many investors, unless they are the likes of Robert-Bosch or Honda.

The government, even if they opened their eyes to the mess India is in right now, that would be good enough to attract PoIs to invest back there.
Forget about investing years ago my Father wanted to open a small clinic in the village
my Family is from well I can tell you the red tape was almost impossible, but my father
was a very persistent man,it must be hereditary. He did not give up and after 4 years
of efforts he opened it. This is more than 30 years ago and I am proud to say that clinic
is still open today and I had the great joy of visiting it on a recent trip to India. Yes things
are hard but not impossible but I agree with you India govt can be much more welcoming
because I am sure others would be discouraged and give up very fast.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Forget about investing years ago my Father wanted to open a small clinic in the village
my Family is from well I can tell you the red tape was almost impossible, but my father
was a very persistent man,it must be hereditary. He did not give up and after 4 years
of efforts he opened it. This is more than 30 years ago and I am proud to say that clinic
is still open today and I had the great joy of visiting it on a recent trip to India. Yes things
are hard but not impossible but I agree with you India govt can be much more welcoming
because I am sure others would be discouraged and give up very fast.
We can wish for lot of things and expectations will be dashed most of the time. What we need to fulfill our dream for Bharatvarsh is to keep these two political party's out of office for next fifty years. We have to lay a foundation for new political party which has a predefined agenda, which will be decided in consultation with experts in their respective field of expertise and once it is final than should be presented to Bharatvarshi's for the next election. One of the priority in the agenda should be to create incentives for reverse brain drain and also create a separate cell under the Ministry of Industry to make sure returning Bhartiya do get the complete co-operation from all departments of GOI.
I have gone off topic but had to be stated, if we want our motherland to realise our dreams.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles