US urges Pakistan to hold dialogue on Balochistan

Discussion in 'Balochistan - Freedom Struggle' started by KS, Jan 15, 2012.

1. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Democracy is coming to Balochistan :troll:

SpArK and SPIEZ like this.
  3. SpArK

SpArK SORCERER Senior Member

Expect

1. Pakistan army reaction.
    2 Gilani reaction telling its internal.
    3.kayani going to China- a statement.
    4 Chinese funny guy coming to Isloo- statement, photo shoot, hugging.
    5 3 blasts for convoys or attacks in afghan border.
    6.Imran announces new rally.
    7 US going :fu:

SPIEZ likes this.
  4. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Pakistan cannot hold any dialogue with the Balochis since that will open up a Pandora's box with the Balawaristan nationalists of the Gilgit, such as the Balawaristan National Front, who are seeking to define a separate identity for Gilgit, Baltistan, the people of Waziristan, those wanting Sindhu Desh, the ones wanting Pakhtoonistan and the one wanting Saraikistan.

Zebra likes this.
  5. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

More than seeing genuine interest of the US about the plight of Baloch people, I see it as a pressure tactic to make Pak fall in line.

6. Ray

The US has a lot of interest in Balochistan.

It is important because it allows the US to use the Jundallah against Iran, the vast mineral resources still to be tapped, access to the Gwadar port and so on.

7. Virendra

Virendra Moderator Moderator

Actually I was waiting (like it were a prophecy :D ) when the US would openly utter the B word to Pakistan. Want to see how aggressively Americans pursue this and where it takes the bilateral relations. Americans have been meddling in Pakistan for years and now that Pakistan is no more a virgin, I think the yank's hesitation is completely gone. :rolleyes:
    How will China take this gaze of uncle Sam? They are extremely resource hungry.

Regards,
    Virendra

8. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

^^ Sometimes I get the feeling that in their hearts, the Chinese would be happier to see Balochistan as an independent republic. :lol:

Look at the amount of drama around Gwadar - so many years, so much wasted ink. End result is nowhere in sight.

The Chinese are basically looking for returns and money. All this instability, violence and security problem in Pakistan is making them hesitate to invest in their taller-deeper friend. They would actually benefit from a sane and stable independent Baloch nation.

9. Ray

The Chinese themselves has been at the wrong end of the stick in Balochistan.

10. Virendra

Virendra Moderator Moderator

Among the desi Islamist mindset populace of rural areas, I wonder how the loads of cheap Chinese laborers would work with 0 incidents.
    PoK & Baluchistan both places don't fare very well in employment rates.

11. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

I don’t recall the name of the magazine/journal/news site, was it time, or foreign policy, or the week, or some other, where they highlighted the international news you missed out on in 2011, and balochistan was listed as one and it was clearly stated, there will be more concerted effort to up the tempo on this issue, one will hear more about this issue and so is happening.

Since the start of this year, this is the 2nd or the 3rd time I am hearing the name balochistan being mentioned in the western capitals by senior officials, last time it was one of the European capitals and it seems the trend will only catch on.

This is the only real advantage I see of an attack on iran, which is, if the US, Israel and NATO have something designed for sistan & baluchestan province, where post the initial attack on iran, the whole province bursts up in flames and a decisive war of independence gets fought, then Pakistan is in for deep-deep trouble because the same fire catching up in balochistan wont take much time and there will be an all out support for them.

12. Ray

Let the Games begin! :)

13. Bhadra

Bhadra Defence Professionals Defence Professionals Senior Member

May be unhindered access to Afghanistan if Baluchistan gets independence or autonomy !! Denial of Gwadar port to China !!

14. Ray

And Clear the area between Balochistan and Afghanistan and the world is yours fof the US!

15. noob101

noob101 Regular Member

I wonder why Iran hasn't supported any kind of armed rebellion in Balochistan, IIRC 1.5 million baloch people live in Iran and a most Baloch people identify themselves more with Iranian culture than with Punjabi dominated Pakistan. I agree with you that it is a very under reported news story and that if tensions between Pakistan and the US diminish then as usual you can expect the US to bring to light all the bad things about Pakistan